fly more kit
620 6 2022-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Just received the avata standalone, controller and fly more battery kit , using the  remote 2 and gogles v2 from one of my fpv's. I have activated the drone linked it to the goggles and remote v2 but not the hand held controller. They all have the novembers updates not the new one from today (thank the drone gods) so no remote id and having to connect a phone to take off.
It is winter and most days are minus 20 celsius so no flying and I have only charged the drone batteries , can the 2 flymore batteries be left in hibernation til next May or should I charge them. Plus will they have the firmware done from the drone or will they need to have the fly app to activate. Not sure what to do with the hand controller it does not have the firmware updated and may not use it anyway .
2022-12-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

same as you i dont think im going to fly and therefore i will leave everything new in the box as if it is on the store shelf.  will revisit everything in march including purchasing dji care refresh.  not going to bother with the upkeep.
2022-12-8
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I am glad that  I updated and activated yesterday so I don't have to have a phone connected to fly. And just updated the motion controller with assist app and the  version the same as last month, so should just need to link to use I hope.
2022-12-8
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

But I am in Canada and we do not have the remote id yet < sure it will come.
2022-12-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

right now, no one has remote id except on paper (for the most part).  it appears remote id is a function of the drone and it's software.  i'm not 100% it enables/disabled depending on what country you are in.  if that is true and you have sw that enables remote id, it will probably still try to respond regardless of what laws justin has passed.
2022-12-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Andre. Thank you for reaching out. Here are some tips on How to maintain the DJI Avata intelligent flight batteries:

1. Do not charge the battery immediately after flight as it may be too hot. Wait until it cools down to the room temperature.
2. The temperature range for charging is from 5 to 40°C, and the ideal range is from 22 to 28 °C as it will significantly prolong the battery life.
3. Store the battery in a cool place.
4. Before storage, charge the battery to 50-60%, and fully charge it at least once every three months in case that its battery cell will be malfunctioning due to over-discharge.

We currenlty don't have an information when the next update will be available but in case that there will be an update on May, it is recommended to do it after the activation so that you can link the drone to the Goggles and Remote Controller V2. As for the motion controller, in case you would want to use it, please activate it first then update the firmware. You can activate the motion controller after linking it to the DJI Fly app via the DJI FPV Goggles V2/DJI Goggles 2.

Here are the two methods on how to update the firmware of the DJI Motion Controller:
Method 1:
1. Link the DJI FPV/DJI Avata drone to the DJI FPV Goggles V2(or DJI Goggles 2 when you use DJI Avata).
2. Link the DJI FPV/DJI Avata drone to the DJI Motion Controller.
3. Link the DJI FPV Goggles V2(or DJI Goggles 2) to the mobile device.
4. Open the DJI Fly app, check the firmware version, or update the firmware to the latest version at the upper left corner of the app homepage.
Method 2:
1. Connect the Motion Controller to DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to update the firmware. Download link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/avata

We hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-8
Use props
Andre Laf
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

I am not sure  that you actually understand post when you read them but  thanks for trying.My question was how long can the battery stay in hibernation mode when new from the factory before it can not be charged for the first time .
2022-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules