421 3 2022-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnRB
lvl.2
Australia

Hi all,
I have done a quick search for an answer re this but couldn't find anything
I havent flown my Air2 for a few months and now I can only fly the Drone about 300m away and the Signal to the remote starts to get flaky and continually drops out, I used to be able to fly over 1500m away before encountering issues. I am out in the country and have clear line of sight to the drone so interference isn't the issue
Any ideas ?
Thanks
2022-12-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JohnRB. Thank you for reaching out. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. The main factors that affect the image transmission distance are firmware, signal transmitter power, attenuation, obstruction, and electromagnetic interference. I’ll troubleshoot for you step by step. Please rest assured.

1. Check the aircraft image transmission distance in your country.
2. Check if the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update the firmware to the latest versions first.
3. Check the remote controller antenna position. Please place your remote controller antenna in the optimal position.

RC-N1:

4. Keep note of tree and house obstructions near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft's direction.

5. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality. Or provide a screenshot or a recorded video for us to see significant interference. If the interference is significant, we recommend changing the flight environment. Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers.

If the issue persists after following the steps above, kindly provide us a video of the operation together with the screenshot of the About page showing the Remote Controller's firmware, the Aircraft's firmware, and the App version. Thank you for your kind understanding and valued support.
2022-12-8
Use props
JohnRB
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks for your reply,
I'll check Firmware versions and work through the checklists
I also read putting the phone into Flightmode will help too
2022-12-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JohnRB Posted at 12-9 04:04
Thanks for your reply,
I'll check Firmware versions and work through the checklists
I also read putting the phone into Flightmode will help too

If you are out in the countryside, it does not matter that you have a unobstructed view, the main issue is localised interference, usually from WiFi systems.
2022-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules