Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote ID Error after latest Goggles 2 update
123Next >
27340 104 2022-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 822484 ft
United States

Is this an update bug?
After the goggles 2 and Avata connect you get a remote id error. It only goes away if you connect the goggles to your phone with a cable and DJI Fly running. If you disconnect the cable the remote id error comes back and will not allow you to fly.  Hundreds of people on YouTube have confirmed this is happening to them as well.  Rolling  back gets rid of the error but then the drone does not let you start the propellers to take off.
2022-12-8
Use props
Ken H
lvl.2
United States

Screenshot_20221208_223325.jpg
2022-12-8
Use props
PsychoKillerr8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84406 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here. I just got mine yesterday and updated it today. If I need to always have my phone connected to fly this thing, it is being returned today. What a stupid implementation and inconvenience.
*Edit.
I just read that this is now required by US Law so I guess I understand, but why a physical Cable? I mean, why not allow wireless connection? This is now going to have two cables dangling from it, and eat up the battery faster since it is now charging my phone as well.
2022-12-9
Use props
Ken H
lvl.2
United States

I contacted DJI and got a vague reply they are looking into it.  The FAA dropped the network requirements so this is stupid.  Hoping it was a bug in the latest release.  I've had mine for months and absolutely loved it till now.  Now I can't use it in remote areas where there isn't a phone signal.  It will turn into a paperweight and I guess I'll need to make time to build my own drones.  
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_RDd2pKxXU5ns
lvl.1

United States

Yea Im selling my setup right now...sorry Avata
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_bGBn3lzVGgVW
New

Japan

hi, i am using fpv dji for the first time.  when activating goggles v2.  the up and down navigation keys cannot be used.  default language is chinese and i can't do anything else.  anyone please help me.
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_RDd2pKxXU5ns
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_bGBn3lzVGgVW Posted at 12-9 14:56
hi, i am using fpv dji for the first time.  when activating goggles v2.  the up and down navigation keys cannot be used.  default language is chinese and i can't do anything else.  anyone please help me.

Try a factory reset,  hold down the bind button.
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To comply with the RID request of the FAA, after the new firmware, the US users need to connect the DJI Avata to DJI Fly app every time they power on the Avata to fly. It needs to be connected to App once to verify the RID, please make sure that the GPS and internet are connected. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_bGBn3lzVGgVW
New

Japan

djiuser_RDd2pKxXU5ns Posted at 12-9 15:22

I have tried holding down all the buttons.  but i don't know which button the link is.
2022-12-10
Use props
fans0eec18cf
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-9 19:32
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To comply with the RID request of the FAA, after the new firmware, the US users need to connect the DJI Avata to DJI Fly app every time they power on the Avata to fly. It needs to be connected to App once to verify the RID, please make sure that the GPS and internet are connected. Thank you for your understanding and support.

This does not work for me. I live in rural Colorado and most of my flying is done on BLM land where there is no internet or phone access. I also am using my ipod to access DJI Fly because it is not compatible with my android phone. This needs to be resolved...soon.
2022-12-10
Use props
Ken H
lvl.2
United States

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To comply with the RID request of the FAA, after the new firmware, the US users need to connect the DJI Avata to DJI Fly app every time they power on the Avata to fly. It needs to be connected to App once to verify the RID, please make sure that the GPS and internet are connected. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Not sure if your aware but the phone starts using the goggles to charge once connected draining the goggles battery.  I would also need to turn off USB charging on my phone every time I fly and then turn it back on when I am done.  Perhaps a GPS device\dongle that plugs into the goggles would be option.
2022-12-10
Use props
Ken H
lvl.2
United States

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To comply with the RID request of the FAA, after the new firmware, the US users need to connect the DJI Avata to DJI Fly app every time they power on the Avata to fly. It needs to be connected to App once to verify the RID, please make sure that the GPS and internet are connected. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Sorry to ask so many questions.  Is the connection to the DJI Fly app only needed to start flying and can then be disconnected, or is the connection to the DJI Fly app needed for the whole flight? At this time if I disconnect the goggles from my phone at any time during flight I get an RID error.
2022-12-10
Use props
G_BOY185
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5681463 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ken H Posted at 12-10 20:04
Sorry to ask so many questions.  Is the connection to the DJI Fly app only needed to start flying and can then be disconnected, or is the connection to the DJI Fly app needed for the whole flight? At this time if I disconnect the goggles from my phone at any time during flight I get an RID error.

I just TRIED to fly. You will HAVE to have the phone plugged into the Googles and when you unplug the phone it shuts off the motors and gives the Remote ID Error. I performed this test before taking off. I started the motors and unplugged the phone. I'm not sure what will happen if the drone is already airborne when you disconnect the phone. I imagine this could happen and I doubt DJI would allow the motors to stop mid flight so I'm going to assume it'll return home. Not sure because I do not want to attempt this. I'm more than likely going to sell my Avata now. This is unacceptable.
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ken H Posted at 12-9 09:26
I contacted DJI and got a vague reply they are looking into it.  The FAA dropped the network requirements so this is stupid.  Hoping it was a bug in the latest release.  I've had mine for months and absolutely loved it till now.  Now I can't use it in remote areas where there isn't a phone signal.  It will turn into a paperweight and I guess I'll need to make time to build my own drones.

Hi, there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused and we will forward your feedback to the relevant team asap. Just a kind reminder that please make sure that the mobile phone or tablet has been connected and that the DJI app can always obtain the mobile phone or tablet’s position. Otherwise, the aircraft will be blocked prior to flight or a RID error status will be reported if the aircraft is flying.
2022-12-12
Use props
Dr.Bees
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85787 ft
United States

I was getting the RID error when my phone was going to sleep with the app open what happens during a flight?
2022-12-13
Use props
jakej1097
New

United States

I just received my FPV Remote 2 and had to run the firmware update before it could connect, and now I cannot take off without a GPS and cell connection. I will be teavelling to Iceland with this drone in 3 weeks, can anyone tell me if this will be the case outside the US? I will be flying this drone in remote areas in Iceland, and will very likely have no cell connection at all. Will this update keep me from taking off?

If so, then this will be another instance of DJI creating an excellent hardware product and completely destroying its usability with horrible software implementation. I will be very dissapointed if this drone is unable to function when I take it halfway around the world!

Thanks to anyone who can help me understand this situation better!
2022-12-14
Use props
jakej1097
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-12 04:55
Hi, there. We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused and we will forward your feedback to the relevant team asap. Just a kind reminder that please make sure that the mobile phone or tablet has been connected and that the DJI app can always obtain the mobile phone or tablet’s position. Otherwise, the aircraft will be blocked prior to flight or a RID error status will be reported if the aircraft is flying.

Hello Natalia.

I will be traveling to Iceland with this drone in 3 weeks. Can you tell me whether a constant connection is required to fly this drone outside the US? I will likely have no cell connection for a large portion of the trip and will be very dissapointed if this drone which I have purchased from you will be unable to fly there.

Thank you for any information you can provide.
2022-12-14
Use props
fans891050fb
lvl.1

United States

Forget 'understanding and support'. This is a stupid and sloppy implementation. Having to keep the phone connected during the entire flight is senseless, not to mention no longer being able to fly where no cell service is available!
2022-12-14
Use props
Ken H
lvl.2
United States

jakej1097 Posted at 12-14 09:08
I just received my FPV Remote 2 and had to run the firmware update before it could connect, and now I cannot take off without a GPS and cell connection. I will be teavelling to Iceland with this drone in 3 weeks, can anyone tell me if this will be the case outside the US? I will be flying this drone in remote areas in Iceland, and will very likely have no cell connection at all. Will this update keep me from taking off?

If so, then this will be another instance of DJI creating an excellent hardware product and completely destroying its usability with horrible software implementation. I will be very dissapointed if this drone is unable to function when I take it halfway around the world!

Hey Jake,
If I understand how this has worked so far, in the US you will need to have your phone connected (*when you take off).  In Iceland, the GPS on the drone should tell the goggles you are not in the US and not require you to be connected.    Keep in mind that the drone is verifying the connection of a GPS between your phone and goggles.  The Avata already broadcasts the drones telemetry.   It's the goggles that are requiring the connection to the phone in the US for GPS only.  Not network or cell connection. Just GPS.  
It has been proven by myself and others while in the US that once you take off, you can disconnect your phone from you goggles.  You'll get a Remote ID error but it will still let you fly.

I'm not opposed to remote ID but I do think this DJI workaround for the US FAA Remote ID requirement should be accomplished in a better way.  i.e. a USB C gps thumb drive plugged in your goggles.  And implemented in Sept 2023 when it goes into effect for pilots,  not now.  The selling point of the drone was the smaller goggles and drone for travel.  Everyone always gets new harnesses for the goggles to hold the battery so you don't have a cable hanging that can get disconnected.  Now were back to it again.  Plus my phone drains the goggles battery.  I notice this yesterday.  I think this was a rush job to get it out of the way.  If they need a broadcast of the drones pilot there has got to be a better way.  Best of luck in Iceland.  Get those volcano shots!
2022-12-14
Use props
Ken H
lvl.2
United States

PsychoKillerr8 Posted at 12-9 08:39
Same here. I just got mine yesterday and updated it today. If I need to always have my phone connected to fly this thing, it is being returned today. What a stupid implementation and inconvenience.
*Edit.
I just read that this is now required by US Law so I guess I understand, but why a physical Cable? I mean, why not allow wireless connection? This is now going to have two cables dangling from it, and eat up the battery faster since it is now charging my phone as well.

Yeah I notice the battery drain too.  Another reason they should have tested more before implementing this.
2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jakej1097 Posted at 12-14 09:11
Hello Natalia.

I will be traveling to Iceland with this drone in 3 weeks. Can you tell me whether a constant connection is required to fly this drone outside the US? I will likely have no cell connection for a large portion of the trip and will be very dissapointed if this drone which I have purchased from you will be unable to fly there.

Hi, there. We will confirm this problem with the relevant team and reply to you asap.
2022-12-15
Use props
shawn00m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142425 ft
United States

Isn't there another way DJI can accomplish this requirement without a wired connection? Besides, the FAA dropped the requirement and it may not be rolled out for another year? There's got to be a way to disable that!
2022-12-17
Use props
SpyderPro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 686591 ft
United States

I hate this!   Can we revert back to the old firmware?   I don't want to have wires connected from goggle to my phone during flight.  This is a horrible way to do things.  If this isn't fixed asap I'll be returning my Avata and all the extra gear.
2022-12-18
Use props
djiuser_q24PaiDuPrtA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6514692 ft
  • >>>
United States

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH HAVING TO PLUG IN A PHONE. Just to fly the Avata already a fight with the power cable and battery, adding another device in order to fly this is unacceptable. Seems to me making the rc-n1 compatable would at least then allow you to fly this thing having the phone and controller in one. Thus minimizing remote id error,and giving the FAA and any would be Bandits your location
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jakej1097 Posted at 12-14 09:11
Hello Natalia.

Hi, there.
Thanks for the long waiting, we have confirmed your problem with the relevant team, Currently only North America has RID requirements. If you meet any problems when you travel to Iceland, please feel free to contact us here anytime, we will do our best to help.
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

shawn00m Posted at 12-17 08:52
Isn't there another way DJI can accomplish this requirement without a wired connection? Besides, the FAA dropped the requirement and it may not be rolled out for another year? There's got to be a way to disable that!

Thank you for your response. This suggestion was already been forwarded to our designated team and they are now looking on it. Rest assured that we always valued your feedback. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-19
Use props
fansb3c445c5
New

United States

I cannot believe what I am reading. I am completely stunned. This si going right back to the store as is the one that my friend bought. This is tantamount to buying a car and then finding out it has to be connected to a plug in your house wherever you drive it. Are you kidding me?
2022-12-20
Use props
fansb7d2d932
New
Flight distance : 69081 ft
United States

Another issue with remote ID - wondering if anyone else has seen it.

Plugging my phone into the Goggles 2 did not even get the error to go away. I have DJI Fly 1.9.0 for Android. I have verified the app has location permissions, and that I have GPS signal on my phone. What gives?
2022-12-21
Use props
fans05d30229
New
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-12 04:55

No @$$##$ Sherlock but what do you do in a remote area where you have no phone service?  Are we supposed to fly the damn thing only in the city now?
2022-12-23
Use props
fans05d30229
New
United States

fansb7d2d932 Posted at 12-21 13:50
Another issue with remote ID - wondering if anyone else has seen it.

Plugging my phone into the Goggles 2 did not even get the error to go away. I have DJI Fly 1.9.0 for Android. I have verified the app has location permissions, and that I have GPS signal on my phone. What gives?

Yes, I am having the same problem. Just updated the firmware and I cannot get the remote ID error to go away even when I connect it to my phone. And I'm trying to fly a damn thing in the city park where I have perfectly good phone service. Somebody really f'ed up on this one.  This is the dumbest thing ever. And what are you supposed to do when you go to a remote area in the mountains where you have no phone service? I mean, really, that's why I bought the damn thing in the first place to get beautiful cinematography.
2022-12-23
Use props
gbaum.paintballphotography
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18308950 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Avata Remote ID Error  
I just received my Avata, and I am getting a Remote ID Error and as a result unable to start the motors.
I have updated all of the firmware of the goggles and aircraft on using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).

I am using the DJI FLY app downloaded directly from the DJI Site.

I am using the remote control from my DJI FPV I have a Google Pixel 7 Pro I am in Class G uncontrolled air space.

I have owned and flown just about every DJI aircraft since the original Phantom, and I have never had an issue like this.

As this point I am not sure what to do next, not too happy.

2022-12-23
Use props
fans05d30229
New
United States

djiuser_RDd2pKxXU5ns Posted at 12-9 15:22

Dumbest answer ever.  The equivalent of telling someone to reformat their hard drive.  Next support rep please.
2022-12-23
Use props
fans05d30229
New
United States

fans0eec18cf Posted at 12-10 11:59
This does not work for me. I live in rural Colorado and most of my flying is done on BLM land where there is no internet or phone access. I also am using my ipod to access DJI Fly because it is not compatible with my android phone. This needs to be resolved...soon.

Somebody, and I do mean some city-slicker moron, was asleep at the wheel when thinking through this Remote ID debacle.  I also fly mostly in remote areas with no cell coverage.  What are we supposed to do, only fly the damn thing in the city now?  This a cluster from DJI.
2022-12-23
Use props
fans05d30229
New
United States

gbaum.paintballphotography Posted at 12-23 17:29
DJI Avata Remote ID Error  
I just received my Avata, and I am getting a Remote ID Error and as a result unable to start the motors.
I have updated all of the firmware of the goggles and aircraft on using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series).

Same. Super Pysssssed Off!!!!
2022-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans05d30229 Posted at 12-23 17:13
No @$$##$ Sherlock but what do you do in a remote area where you have no phone service?  Are we supposed to fly the damn thing only in the city now?

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We have forwarded your feedback to the relevant team and will see how we can do better. You can check the official website if there is any update. Currently, if you get a RID error message, please make sure your phone or tablet is connected, and the DJI app can always get the location of your phone or tablet. If you still encounter any problems, you can send us relevant screenshots or videos, we will try our best to help. If you have further questions, please feel free to let us know as well. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.
2022-12-23
Use props
djiuser_9Bz8GfBTOw7N
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI failed me today like never before. This "Remote ID Error" needs to be fixed IMMEDIATELY!! I'm sitting there, in the middle of a forrest in brazil, on the one day that it's not raining, in front of a massive waterfall, with my $1300 fpv drone, with the $200 remote I had to buy SEPARATELY, and nothing. Can't fly because of the "smart" drone's very stupid error. Who came up with this?? If my phone doesn't have connection my $1300 drone is completely useless??? The best places to fly fpv are secluded in the middle of nowhere. If this is not fixed my drone is useless to me. Will be leaving DJI behind. If this is not fixed I need to be refunded, DJI has ruined my drone. This should not have been an issue in the first place.
2022-12-24
Use props
djiuser_9Bz8GfBTOw7N
lvl.1

Brazil

djiuser_RDd2pKxXU5ns Posted at 12-9 12:57
Yea Im selling my setup right now...sorry Avata

Unbelievable they do this
2022-12-24
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had no idea that the user experience would become this completely and incredibly inconvenienced with the the addon and most recent update to the newest firmware, which requires the Avata indefinitely must be hard wired and tethered to a smart device? For Remote ID? Really? How could DJI, who supposedly being the #1 drone manufacturer in the world and expected to work with the FAA and the other countries' regulators to strike a meaningful middle of the road resoluion when it comes to the implementation of Remote ID? Honestly not disclosing this new smart device required connection at the start of announcing the Avata is kind of flawed marketing if you ask me, I mean how many customers would have reservations purchasing a $1,400 drone that it ultimately would be less of a wireless experience in a wireless world?

The new year is a week away, it will be 2023, why does it suddenly look like DJI drones are having less and less gains in technology with their oiriginal non phantom like drones, such as the Spark and Mavic Pro? When I purchased the DJI FPV, I was stressing the battery cable hanging off the side over the DJI Goggles V2. I quickly purchased another of my FatShark Dominator V3 headbands and external battery that worked out well, better than the setup that came with the DJI FPV. Not just using the new 2.5mm batter cable connector to the DJI Goggles 2 and the different brackets that have no way of being accessed by FatShark headbands, which do not have a opening to insert the bands but this new goggles only has access if the bands are velcro so far has prevented me from keeping the goggle setup clean and easy. Realzing now that doing this mod is a moot point because of the requisite to connect a smart device has really stopped me quick in my tracks of enjoying a good FPV experience.

I would think that if this is how it will be indefinitely, I will seek DJI's support in filing for a refund, because that's not fair to introduce a substantial change in the functionality and user experience, and in fair consideration, nothing was specifically stated in any of the written documentation that was included in the box, I checked, did not define a smart device would be required in a future firmware. Therefore, full and fair disclosure precipitated this issue and this prevented me from being an informed consumer who electively made a decision to succumb to this limitation.
2022-12-24
Use props
fans293efc18
New
United States

I agree that this is a dumb implementation. You'd think at least a Bluetooth connection to the phone could resolve it.  With that said, in locations where you have a phone signal, I am able to start the drone and take off, then unplug my phone to fly.
2022-12-25
Use props
djiuser_0MDC1ZyeVDp4
lvl.1
United States

Is there any way to rollback the firmware? I just got this for Christmas and immediately updated the firmware and now can't fly without multiple cables connected to the goggles. How am I supposed to fly in remote parts of the US that lack cell coverage?
2022-12-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules