Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Europe: How to Get The C1 Label for Your Mavic 3 & Cine
123456Next >
33891 223 2022-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

The new classification makes flying both Mavic 3 aircrafts as easy as it can get. And we’ll get you there in 5 easy steps.

At first: Congratulations! As officially defined by European Drone Regulations, your Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Cine has been granted the C1 EU-type examination certificate and qualifies for the A1 Open Category. This means: no costly A2 remote piloting exam is needed anymore!

The next good news: we’ll help you all the way, from application to label to the final certificate. Now, all you need is the DJI Fly app and your drone. Ready? Here we fly:
1.jpg

Step 1 – Vital Updates
First check, if your DJI Fly App is up-to-date (version 1.9.0 or above). Then connect your Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Cine and update it to the latest firmware version (01.00.0900 or above).
2.jpg

Step 2 – One Tap
As soon as the firmware is up to date, a pop-up will lead you directly to the C1 label application – just tap "Apply"
3.jpg

“Not now” = you can continue the 2 min-process later in the Customer Support area of the App, under "C1 Class Identification Label"
4.jpg

Step 3 – Easy Order
Just fill in the short application form and send it. Your C1 label will arrive by letter within a short time. (Please note: the labels will be sent without shipping number. Delivery time depends on local factors.)
5.jpg

Step 4 – Quick Proof
Attach the C1 label following the included instructions. Upload a photo of your drone with the label on it to the Fly App > Profile > Service and Support > C1 Class Identification Label
6.jpg

Step 5 – Final Download
Your final document will appear in the Fly App within 3 working days. Download it. Keep it with you when flying. That’s it!
7.jpg

How to track your application?

Method 1: Track it through the DJI website
1.png

Method 2: Track it through the DJI Fly APP
Log into your DJI Fly APP → Profile→ Service and Support → "C1 Class Identification Label";  

For the DJI RC & RC PRO, Profile→ Click the "Headset" icon on the top-right corner → "C1 Class Identification Label";
2.jpg

Feel free to contact our DJI After-Sales Support team if you have any further questions about the process.

For more information about the C1 certificate for the Mavic 3 series, you might want to read this article:
DJI-granted-worlds-first-C1-certificate-for-Mavic-3-series

2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

FAQ:
1. How to get the C1 Label for my Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Cine?
The C1 label application portal is only available when your drone fulfills the following 3 conditions:
a. Your drone type is Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Cine;
b. DJI APP version is 1.9.0 or above and Firmware version is 01.00.0900 or above;
c. Drone now is in the European Economic Area (EEA) ;
If your drone fulfills the above conditions,  Please follow the 5 steps in this thread to get the label and certificate document.

2. How long does it take to receive the C1 label after submitting the documents to aftersales/customer support?
Usually, the label will be shipped out within 5 working days and it may take about 10- 20 days to arrive via a stamped envelope from the submission of the application. The time between application and issuing the label depends on the number of customers who wish to obtain the label. We will put additional resources into place to ensure that there will be no lengthy delays. But if the label did not arrive 20 days after you submitted the application, please contact DJI support to get another label.

3. What happens if I do not want to get a C1 label for the Mavic 3? How does this affect me?
You are allowed to fly without a C1 certificate and C1 label until the end of 2023. However, until then, you can only fly in the Open A2 category and you will have to have an A2 “Remote Piloting License”. From 1 January 2024, you would only be allowed to fly in the A3 Open Category.

4. I am planning to travel to Europe from NA/Japan/other regions in (time period x). Does this change apply to me?
No. Users from around the world can fly in Europe, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Iceland without C1 certification until the end of 2023. If any user from outside the EU, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Iceland updates their firmware to C1-standard while being in one of those countries, the changes will be reversed when they travel back to their home country.

5. I have a DJI Mini 3 Pro/(other drone models). Are certificates/labels available for other existing drones/future drone models?
DJI is committed to complying with the new European Drone Regulation for other existing drone models. We will work with notified bodies to obtain additional drone certificates over the coming year. More details will be announced in due course.

6 My drone type is Mavic 3/mavic 3 cine, but neither a popup message nor apply portal on my DJI fly app, why?
The C1 label application portal is only available when your drone fulfills the following 3 conditions:
a. Your drone type is Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Cine.
b. Both the firmware and APP need to be upgraded. (Firmware version 01.00.0900 and above, APP version 1.9.0 and above).
c. Drone now is in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Once your drone is ready with the above 3 conditions, a message will pop to your DJI fly app to remind you to apply for the certificate. Then you can follow the 5 steps in this thread to get the label and certificate document.

7. Why my drone is not able to apply the C1 label in none EEA regions?
At present, the new European Drone Regulations (2019/945 and 2019/947) only apply to the drones used in European Economic Area (EEA). So no worries, you can fly the drone without a C1 label freely in the none EEA regions. The application will be available when you have the need to use the drone in European Economic Area and your drone is located in the European Economic Area.

2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, members. If you encounter difficulties in uploading the pictures. Please PM me your application number and three required pictures. You may upload it to a cloud drive and send me the link. Please make sure to open the authority.  We will forward your picture and application to our related teams.  We have forwarded your feedback to our designated department.  We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
2023-1-18
Use props
feder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

I don't get this pop up window, nor this option "C1 Class Identification Label" is available in Customer Support section of the app. I updated my M3 to the latest FW version as soon as it was available. I am using Smart Controller connected to WiFI.
2022-12-9
Use props
fansfb16bea5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

feder Posted at 12-9 04:12
I don't get this pop up window, nor this option "C1 Class Identification Label" is available in Customer Support section of the app. I updated my M3 to the latest FW version as soon as it was available. I am using Smart Controller connected to WiFI.

OK, I see we need to update the app, as the current version available is 1.8.0, while the requirement is to have at least version 1.9.0. Does it means, that a new version will be available soon?
2022-12-9
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

fansfb16bea5 Posted at 12-9 04:26
OK, I see we need to update the app, as the current version available is 1.8.0, while the requirement is to have at least version 1.9.0. Does it means, that a new version will be available soon?

It is already out. Waiting for my   DJI RC to update qnd do the procedure and of course test waypoints
2022-12-9
Use props
fansebf23a28
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451975 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

fansfb16bea5 Posted at 12-9 04:26

already out
2022-12-9
Use props
MaxP4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Step 5 – Final Download
Your final document will appear in the Fly App within 3 working days. Download it. Keep it with you when flying. That’s it!

Just for clarity, in the last step you can download the C1 certificate to keep while flying.
As for the Mavic 3 Classic, is this certificate (which I don't have) not needed?
2022-12-9
Use props
djiuser_VRrFZHFQmIXB
lvl.1

Finland

I got the C1 popup after Fly app update. Tried fill the address form, country field was disabled, so couldn't finish. Tried going back, but it exited to the main view and pop-up hasn't shown again. How to try again?
EDIT: found the way: Profile -> upper right corner has "customer support" icon and there is the C1 button. And this time the country was preselected.
2022-12-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice!
2022-12-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im very pleased to see DJI has managed to achieve this,    well done DJI.
2022-12-9
Use props
Toma345
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22566 ft
France

Hello,
When is the DJI Fly 1.9.0 version for the dji rc
thank you
2022-12-9
Use props
MaxP4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Toma345 Posted at 12-9 08:55
Hello,
When is the DJI Fly 1.9.0 version for the dji rc
thank you

It's already available
2022-12-9
Use props
Toma345
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22566 ft
France

MaxP4 Posted at 12-9 09:13
It's already available

it just appeared on my rc
thanks
2022-12-9
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So no good if you live in the UK re your three conditions as we are not in the EEA. A bit annoying if you wanted to take on holiday and have the C1 label...
2022-12-9
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

Dji, please bring this retro certification also to older models like mavic 2 series etc. it was kind of promised for enterprise series (which technically are same drones) and since it looks like it can be certified just by firmware upgrade (by bringing max speed down a bit and set some restrictions in tracking etc), i can't see any reason, why this cant be done also for other models.
Some update in this department would be realy realy appreciated, since regulations will make majority of drone on the market obsolete or only usable in non rural areas.
Thanky you.
2022-12-9
Use props
ejwjohn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177408 ft
United Kingdom

This procedure doesn’t work for me I live in the UK but travel into the Eu regularly and would like to have the C Lable.

I have the new RC and the older controller which i use with the iPhone and both say there are NO firmware upgrades available.

But i have no option to apply for the C Label via the pop up or via the Support Service.

What’s happening DJI???

Thanks

JohnW
2022-12-9
Use props
Giu65
lvl.1
Belgium

I just completed de process on my RC Pro. The worst experience ever! Why do they make the fonts so small?
2022-12-10
Use props
geevade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53911 ft
Switzerland

I'm in Switzerland, which is supposed to be in the EEA region. Updated my Mavic 3, RC, RC-N1 to the latest firmwares, doesn't show up anyway, with or without GPS. Am I missing something?
2022-12-10
Use props
yorkie9668
lvl.2
Flight distance : 268248 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated Mavic 3 to 1000 and fly app to 1.9.0 yesterday, but still no pop-up, why?I have friends in the UK who have been able to get the pop-up and apply for the label, so why isn't it working for others, no option in customer care neither!
2022-12-10
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Support Posted at 12-9 07:58
FAQ:1. How to get the C1 Label for my Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Cine?The C1 label application portal is only available when your drone fulfills the following 3 conditions: a. Your drone type is Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Cine;b. DJI APP version is 1.9.0 or above and Firmware version is 01.00.0900 or above;c. Drone now is in the European Economic Area (EEA) ;If your drone fulfills the above conditions,  Please follow the 5 steps in this thread to get the label and certificate document.
2. How long does it take to receive the C1 label after submitting the documents to aftersales/customer support?Usually, the label will be shipped out within 5 working days and it may take about 10- 20 days to arrive via a stamped envelope from the submission of the application. The time between application and issuing the label depends on the number of customers who wish to obtain the label. We will put additional resources into place to ensure that there will be no lengthy delays. But if the label did not arrive 20 days after you submitted the application, please contact DJI support to get another label.
3. What happens if I do not want to get a C1 label for the Mavic 3? How does this affect me?You are allowed to fly without a C1 certificate and C1 label until the end of 2023. However, until then, you can only fly in the Open A2 category and you will have to have an A2 “Remote Piloting License”. From 1 January 2024, you would only be allowed to fly in the A3 Open Category.

Hi DJI  
It would be really useful to expand this for users located in the UK given how frequently many of us travel to Europe.  The fact that the UK's CAA have recently stated they will not recognise the C1 classes should not stop us in the UK getting the label, as it's useful to get this label sorted before we travel to Europe, not once we are there as it will take too long.   
Thanks, Ian
2022-12-10
Use props
djiuser_U6SxHX2W9IHN
New
Flight distance : 435348 ft

Hong Kong

Thx for information
2022-12-10
Use props
djiuser_4FTrRHDiizwU
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Support Posted at 12-9 07:58
FAQ:1. How to get the C1 Label for my Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Cine?The C1 label application portal is only available when your drone fulfills the following 3 conditions: a. Your drone type is Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Cine;b. DJI APP version is 1.9.0 or above and Firmware version is 01.00.0900 or above;c. Drone now is in the European Economic Area (EEA) ;If your drone fulfills the above conditions,  Please follow the 5 steps in this thread to get the label and certificate document.
2. How long does it take to receive the C1 label after submitting the documents to aftersales/customer support?Usually, the label will be shipped out within 5 working days and it may take about 10- 20 days to arrive via a stamped envelope from the submission of the application. The time between application and issuing the label depends on the number of customers who wish to obtain the label. We will put additional resources into place to ensure that there will be no lengthy delays. But if the label did not arrive 20 days after you submitted the application, please contact DJI support to get another label.
3. What happens if I do not want to get a C1 label for the Mavic 3? How does this affect me?You are allowed to fly without a C1 certificate and C1 label until the end of 2023. However, until then, you can only fly in the Open A2 category and you will have to have an A2 “Remote Piloting License”. From 1 January 2024, you would only be allowed to fly in the A3 Open Category.
I bought a Mavic 3 in Switzerland where I live , to use it in France.  Switzerland does not give access to new C1 process after softwares update ! Any good reason waiting  ???

The problem is that It is 100% sure I will have problem using it as C1 uas with the French bureaucracy !

Please don't wait giving access to C1 process to everybody living on our planet ! People travel in a such stupid world !
2022-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_4FTrRHDiizwU Posted at 12-10 22:15
I bought a Mavic 3 in Switzerland where I live , to use it in France.  Switzerland does not give access to new C1 process after softwares update ! Any good reason waiting  ???

The problem is that It is 100% sure I will have problem using it as C1 uas with the French bureaucracy !

Hi, there. We understand your concern, at present, the new European Drone Regulations (2019/945 and 2019/947) only apply to the drones used in European Economic Area (EEA). So no worries, you can fly the drone without a C1 label freely in the none EEA regions. The application will be available when you have the need to use the drone in European Economic Area and indeed your drone is in the European Economic Area.

Here is the applicable area FYR: (EEA, i.e. EU plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein) *The EU countries are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.  
If you have any more questions, please feel free to let us know.

2022-12-10
Use props
Ian in London
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-10 23:05
Hi, there. We understand your concern, at present, the new European Drone Regulations (2019/945 and 2019/947) only apply to the drones used in European Economic Area (EEA). So no worries, you can fly the drone without a C1 label freely in the none EEA regions. The application will be available when you have the need to use the drone in European Economic Area and indeed your drone is in the European Economic Area.

A small tip: The applicable area of C1 Certification is the European Economic Area. (EEA, i.e. EU plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein)

HI Natalia
We all understand the areas, but if we're in the European continent (ie Switzerland and the UK) then many of us travel to Europe frequently.  
There is no harm in letting us also get the new C1 labels, but there is a big problem if we are made to wait until we actually visit Europe, as the process takes many days . few weeks.  It would be good to allow UK and Swiss flyers the ability to get this sorted before they travel to Europe.  
Ian
2022-12-11
Use props
geevade
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53911 ft
Switzerland

Hi, there. We understand your concern, at present, the new European Drone Regulations (2019/945 and 2019/947) only apply to the drones used in European Economic Area (EEA). So no worries, you can fly the drone without a C1 label freely in the none EEA regions. The application will be available when you have the need to use the drone in European Economic Area and indeed your drone is in the European Economic Area.

A small tip: The applicable area of C1 Certification is the European Economic Area. (EEA, i.e. EU plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein)

The thing is Switzerland adopts the EU regulation as of 1.1. 2023 https://www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/de/home/themen/bazl_vorstellung/medien/Medienmitteilungen.msg-id-91929.html (sorry no english) and https://www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/en/home/drohnen/verstaendnishilfe/faq.html.
We can do the online courses for A1, A2,.. certification but now the drones aren't properly labelled. I hope this will be corrected, since otherwise the market for drones above 250g is basically not there anymore, the rules without C1 are simply too strict.
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ian in London Posted at 12-11 00:06
HI Natalia
We all understand the areas, but if we're in the European continent (ie Switzerland and the UK) then many of us travel to Europe frequently.  
There is no harm in letting us also get the new C1 labels, but there is a big problem if we are made to wait until we actually visit Europe, as the process takes many days . few weeks.  It would be good to allow UK and Swiss flyers the ability to get this sorted before they travel to Europe.  

Hi, Lan.
Thank you for your feedback. And we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We will forward your feedback to the relevant team and see how we can do better asap.
Thank you for your understanding.
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

geevade Posted at 12-11 00:21
The thing is Switzerland adopts the EU regulation as of 1.1. 2023 https://www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/de/home/themen/bazl_vorstellung/medien/Medienmitteilungen.msg-id-91929.html (sorry no english) and https://www.bazl.admin.ch/bazl/en/home/drohnen/verstaendnishilfe/faq.html.
We can do the online courses for A1, A2,.. certification but now the drones aren't properly labelled. I hope this will be corrected, since otherwise the market for drones above 250g is basically not there anymore, the rules without C1 are simply too strict.

Hi, geevade. Thank you for your timely reply.
We will forward your feedback to the relevant team asap.
2022-12-11
Use props
fansebc4f41b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148 ft
Germany

Zertifizieren
2022-12-11
Use props
fansebc4f41b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148 ft
Germany

rolf.fuehrer
2022-12-11
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would be good if those of us in the UK could follow this process for if/when we took the drone to an EAA country, in advance to going, otherwise we would have to apply once over there if we follow your process.
2022-12-11
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, DJI need to allow this from all of Europe, not just the EU, so we can make our drones C1 compliant before we visit EU countries.  As it's no good waiting until we are already over there for our week's break, as DJI's process will surely take far longer than that.  For many EU countries, from the UK, it means jumping on a plane and lugging a (fairly useless without C! certification) heavy Mavic 3 onboard.

Come on DJI, please consider applying an element of common sense on this, and soon.
2022-12-11
Use props
Airlfix.dk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8077667 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I have updated my Mavic 3 Cine and RC Pro to latest firmware. Located in EU - but I don't get the prompt to apply for the certificate on the RC Pro when I go to About > "Check for Updates". It just responds that firmware it up to date.

Despite being updated, the option to apply for C1 does not show up on the RC Pro. And of course the RC and aircraft is powered on and connected.
So how do I apply within the RC Pro?

dji.jpg
2022-12-12
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

izotop Posted at 12-9 11:49
Dji, please bring this retro certification also to older models like mavic 2 series etc. it was kind of promised for enterprise series (which technically are same drones) and since it looks like it can be certified just by firmware upgrade (by bringing max speed down a bit and set some restrictions in tracking etc), i can't see any reason, why this cant be done also for other models.
Some update in this department would be realy realy appreciated, since regulations will make majority of drone on the market obsolete or only usable in non rural areas.
Thanky you.

if i may re-post my question, i hope dji will notice this time:

is this online C certification (via registering and firmware update) also coming for other existing models, since clearly can be done with just simple update?
please let your costumers know, we invest lot of money in drones etc and we need to know this. even if its C2 etc (but honestly, real weight of mavic 2 series is below 900g for ex., to be honest) , it would be better than just use in non rural areas, away from people and objects. this is ridiculous.
2022-12-12
Use props
djiuser_0FnnQWUWjTUm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237054 ft
Australia

Here is the applicable area FYR: (EEA, i.e. EU plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein) *The EU countries are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.  

Hi @natalia - I am planning to travel from Australia in Mar 22 for a few weeks. I am not sure how to apply for it while in EU as I ll be moving from different countries and also I dont have time to wait for it to arrive. Please allow global users to apply for this
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_0FnnQWUWjTUm Posted at 12-12 06:24
Hi @natalia - I am planning to travel from Australia in Mar 22 for a few weeks. I am not sure how to apply for it while in EU as I ll be moving from different countries and also I dont have time to wait for it to arrive. Please allow global users to apply for this

Hi, there. Please don't worry, users from around the world can fly in Europe, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Iceland without C1 certification until the end of 2023. So you do not need to apply the label until the end of 2023.

2022-12-12
Use props
djiuser_0FnnQWUWjTUm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237054 ft
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-12 18:16
Hi, there. Please don't worry, users from around the world can fly in Europe, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Iceland without C1 certification until the end of 2023. So you do not need to apply the label until the end of 2023.

Hi Natalia .. without the label do I get the freedom to fly as a A1 category without any A2 licence and within the 50m distance
2022-12-13
Use props
danielson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2217149 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi Nathalia. Thank you very much.
2022-12-13
Use props
fans766a742d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 283901 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As I live close to the Republic of Ireland, also registered with the caa and the Irish air authority,is there any way I can obtain the C1 cert through other means.
2022-12-14
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What I do not get here is, why only the drones inside EU get the C1 label. In my opinion this is not necessary at all, every M3 around the world can get the additional C1 compliance symbol. A device sold around the world may be compliant to CE, FCC, CAA or whatever concerning hardware. The local compliance depends on the firmware and settings that are locally activated, which DJI already does on base of GPS location data.

Why different labels for same hardware in different countries?
Do not get the point yet. Shop shelfs are full with devices carrying different certification logos.
2022-12-14
Use props
yakuzadrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 449774 ft
Norway

It got Shipped today! What will be the first thing you do when you get your C1 label?
2022-12-14
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules