Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9610797 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello Dji team.

I have done some tests of the new firmware using action 2 on the top of a 2,5'' cinewhoop; when i fly slow and smooth i have some bugs. I will post two link, wetransfer and youtube; in the Wetransfer link you could use the original file to test some settings on Gyroflow and on youtube you can see the stabilzed file.

Wetransfer: https://we.tl/t-lKrmucaWDS
Youtube:

Anyway, as you can see, there is this strange bug like a nudge during the flight after the stabilizzation at these points: 00:18, 00:23, 00:25,  00:38, 00:40, 00:51, 01:01, 01:08, 01:17, 01:22, 01:27, 01:29, 01:41, 01:46, 02:42, 02:46, 02:52, 03:01, 03:04, 03:10, 03:29, 03:55, 04:01, 04:05, 04:20, 04:26, 04:33.
I don't know what happened, seems like the bug appear when i change a little bit direction and the stabilization doesn't work good; anyway i'm sure can be solved. I haven't seen other bugs and seems all perfect.

Thanks in advance
2022-12-22
Use props
fans54016cc6
lvl.3
Japan

AlbertoMancini Posted at 12-22 10:03
Hello Dji team.

I have done some tests of the new firmware using action 2 on the top of a 2,5'' cinewhoop; when i fly slow and smooth i have some bugs. I will post two link, wetransfer and youtube; in the Wetransfer link you could use the original file to test some settings on Gyroflow and on youtube you can see the stabilzed file.

I have a bad feeling...

These twitches that you encountered are similar to the old one at RockSteady. I will show you two videos. They were using RockSteady.
You can more clearly see these in the second video.(e.g.0:18, 2:03)

In the first video, because RockSteady had the twitch, the guy was using the gyro data of FC for Gyroflow and the twitch had gone. Based on these things, I think there may be a physical problem with action2's gyroscope itself.
2022-12-22
Use props
SentieriNatura
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7441824 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello everyone. First test with Action 2 new firmware and gyroflow 1.4. Shot in 4K 4:3 50fps Wide no stabilization.
Stabilization and downsampling in fullHD with gyroflow.

As you see, there is a lot of vibration (open it full screen). How can be solved ??

2022-12-22
Use props
fansf4cad4b2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 930482 ft
Russia

SentieriNatura Posted at 12-22 16:56
Hello everyone. First test with Action 2 new firmware and gyroflow 1.4. Shot in 4K 4:3 50fps Wide no stabilization.

I have same problem - vibration and wobbling in video
2022-12-22
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

AlbertoMancini Posted at 12-22 10:03
Hello Dji team.

I have done some tests of the new firmware using action 2 on the top of a 2,5'' cinewhoop; when i fly slow and smooth i have some bugs. I will post two link, wetransfer and youtube; in the Wetransfer link you could use the original file to test some settings on Gyroflow and on youtube you can see the stabilzed file.

thanks for the feedback, we will check that
2022-12-22
Use props
Uncle Longbeard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295 ft
United Kingdom

Isaac RC Posted at 12-22 01:01
This post should be about beta gyro firmware but for the sake of busting some unfounded myths of color science it's worth reminding some known facts:
- About color, what has been having folks complaining is only a color look or LUT that is designed to desaturate both extremes of shadows and highlights, its intended use is for a finished image not a procedimental one where it's standard practice to preserve as much info in-camera, 10-bit idea is ok but why one would want to shoot anyways in the actual Normal or D-cinelike when they have a color cut-off that's basically erasing color data. A simple way to check that is by lowering the exposure compensation by -2 stops and then in computer bringing up the gain by 2 stops and see how much of a carnage has been done to color data.
- About sharpness myths, oh crap reached the word limit, check out this film-maker's video comparing an 8K smartphone cam versus a 2K Hollywood cinema cam: https://youtu.be/XjPDVtCklJE

Sure, we might discuss only gyro firmware issues here, however, I think that every issue is worth mentioning when it comes to firmware update conversation. Don't you think?

Anyways, going back to the topic. The new firmware is working rather well for me, with no new problems noticed so far. Previously, when it came to stabilization the biggest issue I had  was just one thing - the horizon leveling which wasn't working well when you start recording a quick clip. It was starting to level itself after 2seconds or so but with new firmware I can do it in post obviously and that is good. Also I did a few quick test and it looks that it works better in camera as well. Don't know for certain though as I would need to test it on the motorcycle like before to replicate the conditions.

And then... loosing the colour in deep shadows is another big issue IMO. It ruined a few shots for me. I am an experienced photographer and know exactly how it works with colours Isaac. With DJI A2 I always had issues with shadows saturation which wasn't the case with gopro or other cameras I had.

When it comes to sharpness - I don't see any myth here. The image coming from the A2 is rather on the soft side, so it may require a bit of USM at the end.  Normally I don't mind applying the required amount of sharpening in post but for things like simple youtube videos, that additional step is just a waste of time. It would be much simpler to have a few levels of sharpening available to choose from in camera. Simple as that, no myths or comparisons to 2k pro cameras.
2022-12-23
Use props
djiuser_AGja2UBLEZyX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61266 ft
Belgium

Hi.

Did some test now. I've Jello on my 30 fps records. My quad is perfectly tuned and close to perfection, it flies better than well.
While recording on 50 or 60fps, everything seems smooth and perfect
Files are uploading, gonna share link asap
2022-12-24
Use props
Maxime Bermond
lvl.3
Italy

djiuser_AGja2UBLEZyX Posted at 12-24 02:13
Hi.

Did some test now. I've Jello on my 30 fps records. My quad is perfectly tuned and close to perfection, it flies better than well.

+1

Same here. 4K (4:3) @ 25/30 fps is shaking/wobbling. 4K (4:3) @ 50 fps is OK/Smoothing
2022-12-24
Use props
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Maxime Bermond Posted at 12-24 06:23
+1

Same here. 4K (4:3) @ 25/30 fps is shaking/wobbling. 4K (4:3) @ 50 fps is OK/Smoothing

No man, 50 fps is not smooth; check my post pls
2022-12-24
Use props
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

djiuser_AGja2UBLEZyX Posted at 12-24 02:13
Hi.

Did some test now. I've Jello on my 30 fps records. My quad is perfectly tuned and close to perfection, it flies better than well.

If you have jello, your quad doens't fly good and is not tuned correctly
2022-12-24
Use props
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

SentieriNatura Posted at 12-22 16:56

If you can post original file here i can try it on gyroflow; pls send me the original file i think i can solve with some different settings
2022-12-24
Use props
Maxime Bermond
lvl.3
Italy

AlbertoMancini Posted at 12-24 07:10
If you can post original file here i can try it on gyroflow; pls send me the original file i think i can solve with some different settings

Ciao Alberto, se risolvi puoi postare i settaggi qui per cortesia?

Hi Alberto, if you solve it can you post the settings here please?
2022-12-24
Use props
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Maxime Bermond Posted at 12-24 07:22
Ciao Alberto, se risolvi puoi postare i settaggi qui per cortesia?

Hi Alberto, if you solve it can you post the settings here please?

Give me the link of the original file and i'll post the settings here, no problem!
2022-12-24
Use props
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-22 19:33
thanks for the feedback, we will check that

I will wait; if you need other test let me know!
2022-12-25
Use props
djiuser_AGja2UBLEZyX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61266 ft
Belgium

AlbertoMancini Posted at 12-24 07:08
No man, 50 fps is not smooth; check my post pls

We're here to report our test results, not just speaking about yours.
As we reported, we encountered shaki /jello results on 30fps videos, and perfectly smooth videos on 48/50/60 fps.
I didn't encountered the same problem than you.

Here's a link with some video tests :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-3UIIfvPSy-9Gvr7yfvoJRXnmUqLKD4h
2022-12-26
Use props
Rentacheese
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi there, could you please add me to the beta firmware list my mimo acount email is: rentacheese@gmail.com
2022-12-26
Use props
djiuser_vcbJtMeeQEiL
New

Finland

Hi there, I have enrol but have not receive any notification of the update.

2022-12-26
Use props
Isaac RC
lvl.4

Spain

Uncle Longbeard Posted at 12-23 08:29
Sure, we might discuss only gyro firmware issues here, however, I think that every issue is worth mentioning when it comes to firmware update conversation. Don't you think?

Anyways, going back to the topic. The new firmware is working rather well for me, with no new problems noticed so far. Previously, when it came to stabilization the biggest issue I had  was just one thing - the horizon leveling which wasn't working well when you start recording a quick clip. It was starting to level itself after 2seconds or so but with new firmware I can do it in post obviously and that is good. Also I did a few quick test and it looks that it works better in camera as well. Don't know for certain though as I would need to test it on the motorcycle like before to replicate the conditions.

As someone who has been censored more than once in Gopro’s support forums only by helping each other to discern a plague of factory malfunctions from firmware bugs, I was encouraging a communication strictly in technical facts rather than personal interests so anyone can join to the discussion, in fact I also share your position about sharpness in a certain degree. More importantly I see some Gyroflow feedback that has issues and in theory computer stabilisation should be much better as it can see past and future movement, you did got “chosen” by the beta firmware? How is it going?
2022-12-26
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

djiuser_vcbJtMeeQEiL Posted at 12-26 09:50

There's no notification. Just go to DJI Mimo app, connect to your Action 2 and if you're in the beta, you will see an update.
2022-12-27
Use props
fans8337a10c
lvl.2
United States

Carlos PC Posted at 12-20 01:14
First of all, thank you very much for supporting an outdated product like Action 2.
New beta firmware installed successfully, everything seems ok, but the gyroscope data is only available in 4K recording, which in 4:3 mode only supports H265 codec, this can be a problem with slow computers. Can you add the gyro data to lower resolutions like 2.7k 4:3 that can work with H264?
Thank you.

Outdated product?
2022-12-27
Use props
AlbertoMancini
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

No man, i really like Action 2  is not outdated
2022-12-28
Use props
id4alexey
lvl.4

Russia

I ran a quick test that was not related to FPV.

Only the mode with recording gyroscope data was tested. The results are encouraging.

Pros: Wider FOV and better resolution due to Gyroflow dynamic zoom.

Cons: The need for individual processing of each clip, which can be a problem with a large number of clips. A partial solution might be to use Gyroflow-ofx.

Wishes:

• Implement the ability to shoot video with the full resolution of the matrix.
  •   Implement the ability to record gyroscope data in all modes including "STEADY" and "RS". Using Gyroflow in stabilized modes will allow you to have a wider FOV when leveling the horizon due to dynamic zoom.

Example -  from left to right: the original video in 4K50P, the video stabilized in Gyroflow, the video shot with "RS".

P.S. The original video shows insufficient bitrate.

2022-12-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rentacheese Posted at 2022-12-26 02:32
Hi there, could you please add me to the beta firmware list my mimo acount email is:

Hi, sorry for the belated reply, sent the beta to your account, please check for the update.
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_vcbJtMeeQEiL Posted at 2022-12-26 09:50

Hi there, sorry for the belated reply. As per the information, the beta firmware has been forwarded to your account, please try to connect the camera to DJI Mimo app, and make sure that the internet has been connected to the Mimo app.
Please check again and see if you have the update notice.
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_xLkLyPqZZTay Posted at 2022-12-20 09:59
still haven't received my update.My username is: Kaiser_fpv

Sorry for the belate reply, the firmware has been forwarded to your account. Please check for the update.
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc7c8243f Posted at 2022-12-20 10:39
Same, still haven't received my updape

Sorry for the belated reply, please check the update now.
2023-1-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jnrabreu Posted at 2022-12-20 14:09
Cant you send the beta firmware for me?

II am sorry for the belated reply, please check for the update now.
2023-1-1
Use props
KaleidoFPV
lvl.2

Spain

Hello DJI.

I think the gyro update ratio is not enough to smooth some vibrations in some drone scenarios. I have been using blackbox in the past and looked really great so far, also I have been using goPro9 and still, perfect.

DJI gyrodata is not quick enough. I think you need to increase the refresh / update ratio.

Can you please provide some option to try different modes?

Here is video, stabilized and no stabilized, wind was strong that day,
NO STAB:

STAB:

2023-1-2
Use props
dotSynergy
lvl.1

Italy

Hi, can i be added to the beta? currently with embedded stabilization i always get jello.
2023-1-3
Use props
Rentacheese
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 1-1 23:35
Hi, sorry for the belated reply, sent the beta to your account, please check for the update.

Yes i got it thank you very much
2023-1-3
Use props
Grishock
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124816 ft
Russia

DJI Susan Posted at 1-1 23:43

hello! I also want to participate in beta testing. add me please! Dzhashock@gmail.com
2023-1-4
Use props
djiuser_GqWkMXLU5R8U
New
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 1-1 23:43

Can you send the beta firmware to me too? Ralf.morscheck@gmail.com thank you
2023-1-4
Use props
GGkwon
lvl.2

Germany

Hi DJI, can i also get access to the beta firmware? yiquang3@yahoo.de .thanks in advance
2023-1-4
Use props
Timarr
lvl.1
Canada

Happy New year to all !

Well, I did manage to get some testing done over the festive season and have been putting it all together the last couple of days. I tested in two film formats and found the same results after using gyroflow 1.4.2. Before stabilizing my videos, they showed absolutely no shakes, vibes or what I call a fine shake when quad is either climbing slowly or diving. After stabilizing, you will see it appear in the split screen, with the top being not stabilized and the bottom is. It gets better when rolling shutter is disabled and very low smoothness is used. It does look great when flying fast flat with lots of rolling turn. No ND filters were used during this test, as I did not want to add other variables. Also, to note when looking at the gyro data in, gyroflow on the x-axis seems to be where gyroflow has to work the hardest. Forgot to mention as well, the quad flying is a first edition of the chimera 7 1300kv motors and has been tuned more from the stocked version as you can see from the destabilized footage. The only thing more I should do is to add even more expo to roll.

Test 1 :
4k 30fps 4:3 rocksteady off
100 shutter with iso set 100-400
d-cine
WB auto

Gyroflow Settings
Fov-1.000
Smoothness-0.050
Rolling Shutter is diabled. When enabled it created even more shakey footage.
Export settings
H.264/AVC
Output- 3840x2160
Using GPU encoding (Geforce RTX 2060)

https://youtu.be/5Q-sVryVNLw

Test 2 :
4k 60fps 4:3 rocksteady off
120 shutter with iso set 100-400
d-cine
WB auto

Gyroflow Settings
Fov-.930
Smoothness-0.025
Rolling Shutter is diabled. When enabled it created even more shakey footage.
Export settings
H.264/AVC
Output- 3840x2160
Using GPU encoding (Geforce RTX 2060)

https://youtu.be/5Q-sVryVNLw

Thx DJI for allowing me to test this beta version. I look forward to doing more testing, within the camera settings.

Randy

2023-1-4
Use props
djiuser_oMbi6bjgRcpL
lvl.1
  • >>>
South Korea

Hello, I'd like to participate.
Can you send me the beta firmware as well?
redgem18@naver.com
2023-1-4
Use props
djiuser_hdWi9B20rQKK
lvl.1

Germany

hey, is it still possible to get the update? Just got the Action 2 today and would like to stabilize FPV flights with Gyroflow
2023-1-5
Use props
jnrabreu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132375 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi DJI

Here is my test.

First part is normal FPV stabilized with default gyroflow settings. Quad used was a 4" freestyle.
Second part was with a 2,5" cinewhoop. Stabilized with Horinzontal lock and dynamic zoom, and at about half the footage it changes to horizontal lock without dynamic zoom.

Overall i am happy with the results. There is some minor woobles when using horizontal lock.

2023-1-5
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Add new members to the DJI Extend Gyro Data beta firmware.
I want to participate in testing shakutnev@gmail.com
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Grishock Posted at 1-4 06:09
hello! I also want to participate in beta testing. add me please! Dzhashock@gmail.com

Hi there, firmware sent.
2023-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dotSynergy Posted at 1-3 09:06
Hi, can i be added to the beta? currently with embedded stabilization i always get jello.

I have sent you the beta, please try it out and keep us updated on the result.
2023-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules