avata resists landing
326 2 2022-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnweim
lvl.2
United States

Still getting used to avata differences with air2s.  Never have used the motion controller as I have been flying FPV for a couple of years with tiny whoops and Geprc cinewhoops.  What I'm running into is trouble with landing in manual mode.  When I come in over my 6'x6' landing fabric (because of dust/dirt in AZ desert) and try to land, the avata suddenly takes off backwards and rises about 10 to 15 feet.  I have tried 3 times in one flight to land with the same thing happening. That time I just gave up and landed in a parking lot nearby.  I tried to solve this by switching to Normal or Sport mode and that seems to work so far.
Does anyone have the same problem?  Any ideas why this is happening?  Thanks again in advance for your help.
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Before landing, please choose an area with a flat surface away from water, and ensure no obstacles are nearby. It is recommended to use the aircraft in Normal mode for landing. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-9
Use props
SirStabbs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218799 ft
United States

Are you able to touch the ground before it flying back up? I think it has to do with how the Avata is programmed. when landing in Manual Mode, and you hit the ground a little too hard, it kicks off its safety mechanism where it tries to level itself and can sometimes cause the motors to ramp up for a bit. At least from my experience. I also fly full manual with my other drone, but for the Avata i have a hard time landing manual and i just flip it to Normal / Sport and land from there. it is definitely safer and easier too. kinda wish my drones have that feature. lol
2022-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules