WAYPOINTS!!!! PLEASE!!!
1984 32 2022-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DJI, you implemented waypoints for the Mavic 3 - NOW FOR THE AIR 2S!!!! PLEASE!!!
2022-12-9
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

I second this. Strongly. Make it happen. The functionality is already available and coded, all that is needed is for DJI to turn it on for this device.
2022-12-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

the good news is perhaps the air 3 might have it at launch.
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Mobilehomer. Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-9
Use props
LeBang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1042448 ft
Vietnam

Strongly agree

Please turn on Cruise control on Air 2S.

2022-12-9
Use props
Aerial Moments
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1460653 ft
Greece

Tottaly agree !! Air2s needs to have these updates also... DJI shoudnt forget about that awesome drone ..
Lets wait about the latest info...
2022-12-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree we need this and cruise control on the Air2 s
2022-12-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Waypoints would be great as well as adding cruise control.  Let's hope DJI takes your input seriously.  
2022-12-10
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

I agree we need cruise control and waypoints  on the Air 2s.
2022-12-10
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

Yes! Please!
2022-12-11
Use props
Foxyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261365 ft

South Africa

I also agree! the cruise site control will be extremely useful to enhance the photography element as it could allow the pilot the ability to quickly reset settings!
2022-12-11
Use props
djiuser_vodlIxeCfgLk
New

Chile

We need waypoints.
I bought my drone having read that you where to include them for the 2S
2023-1-1
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

I Agree too.
2023-1-5
Use props
fans50b43703
lvl.3
Flight distance : 424865 ft
Australia

Plus ONE!!!!
2023-1-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-12-9 18:48
Hi there, Mobilehomer. Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks, Paladin Waypoints would be so beneficial!
2023-1-7
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

We need it on Mavic Air 2 and Mini 3 Pro as well!!! PLEASE don't forget these drones, DJI!
2023-1-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-7 08:02
Thanks, Paladin Waypoints would be so beneficial!

You are most welcome, Mobilehomer. Thank you for your continued support. Have a blessed day ahead!
2023-1-8
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

You all do understand why they haven't, right?
The Air 2S doesn't have sideways OA sensors. If they enable waypoints, their repair claims are going to skyrocket. It's cheaper for them to not do it.
2023-1-9
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

blue_canyon21 Posted at 1-9 06:17
You all do understand why they haven't, right?
The Air 2S doesn't have sideways OA sensors. If they enable waypoints, their repair claims are going to skyrocket. It's cheaper for them to not do it.

It has nothing to do with side OA. The 2S and Mini 3 already have waypoints for Hyperlapse.
2023-1-9
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-9 08:49
This is a red herring argument.  None of the Phantom 3 series, the original Phantom 4, the Spark, or the Mavic Pro had side sensors.  Phantom 3 birds had only rudimentary bottom sensors (the P3 Standard lacked even that), yet ALL of those birds support Waypoints.  Sensors are not necessary to fly a Waypoint mission & I certainly hope no one is counting on OA to save their bacon on an autonomous flight.  What matters is doing your homework & properly planning the mission.

Thank you for your response. I did not know that all of those models had waypoints without the side sensors.
My argument just comes from the responses I've gotten when I've asked DJI Support about it on their website chat.
2023-1-9
Use props
Irrelevantmonky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2170174 ft
United Kingdom

+1 for waypoints
Always seemed odd it didn't come with it ready to use.
2023-1-17
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

It's not going to happen. Prove me wrong, DJI, but I doubt very much that you care. It's not like any engineering is involved - it's already coded and available in the Fly software, it's just a matter of enabling it for this drone. If DJI had any intention of making it available they would have done it a year ago. There's no "forwarding this to the appropriate department" going on, despite what the DJI reps always says.
2023-1-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sduck Posted at 1-18 15:08
It's not going to happen. Prove me wrong, DJI, but I doubt very much that you care. It's not like any engineering is involved - it's already coded and available in the Fly software, it's just a matter of enabling it for this drone. If DJI had any intention of making it available they would have done it a year ago. There's no "forwarding this to the appropriate department" going on, despite what the DJI reps always says.

"it's already coded and available in the Fly software"

could you please post a copy of the code showing it already there?  many of us would like to see it please.  perhaps it needs some debugging so the more eyes the better.
2023-1-18
Use props
BladeZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1111969 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have never used waypoints until the last firmware for Mavic 3. I love it!  It sure would be nice to have them on my Air 2S.
Put me in for the suggestion.
2023-1-18
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-18 17:05
"it's already coded and available in the Fly software"

could you please post a copy of the code showing it already there?  many of us would like to see it please.  perhaps it needs some debugging so the more eyes the better.

Come on, I don't have the code. I'm just going by my knowledge of how apps work, and the same app is used for other drones that have waypoints, so my assumption is that the code is in there. Again, as I mentioned, I would love to be proved wrong!
2023-1-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sduck Posted at 1-18 17:49
Come on, I don't have the code. I'm just going by my knowledge of how apps work, and the same app is used for other drones that have waypoints, so my assumption is that the code is in there. Again, as I mentioned, I would love to be proved wrong!

ok.  so let's say dji turned this code on and enabled it and the drone pauses at every waypoint for 2 seconds.  would you launch it anyway or would you turn it off until you can figure out why and maybe do something about it?  it's just an example, not saying that is happening.
2023-1-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-18 17:52
ok.  so let's say dji turned this code on and enabled it and the drone pauses at every waypoint for 2 seconds.  would you launch it anyway or would you turn it off until you can figure out why and maybe do something about it?  it's just an example, not saying that is happening.

The code IS there. BUT, the firmware of the drone is what accesses that code. So, just because the code is in the Fly app means nothing.

DJI, PLEASE update the Air 2S firmware to enable waypoints!!!
2023-1-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-18 18:15
The code IS there. BUT, the firmware of the drone is what accesses that code. So, just because the code is in the Fly app means nothing.

DJI, PLEASE update the Air 2S firmware to enable waypoints!!!

i guess im trying to say there is more to it then just the code being there and needing to be enabled.  personally, i think it's more to it than just "turning it on."  for example, quality.  disagree?

it would be like apple iphone 13 owners saying the code is already there for emergency satellite text messaging (since the iphone 14 works) and all they need to do is "enable" it.  is that true?
2023-1-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-18 19:18
i guess im trying to say there is more to it then just the code being there and needing to be enabled.  personally, i think it's more to it than just "turning it on."  for example, quality.  disagree?

it would be like apple iphone 13 owners saying the code is already there for emergency satellite text messaging (since the iphone 14 works) and all they need to do is "enable" it.  is that true?

I don't know about IOs, but the Fly app is the same for all the drones that use it. The only difference is how the drone firmware interacts with Fly. If you have Mini 2, Air 2, 2S, Mini 3 Pro and a Mavic 3 you can use a RC N1 for all. Not only do the Fly app appearance and settings change with each drone, the function of the controller also changes. O1, to O2, to O3, Fn button.
2023-1-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-19 09:27
I don't know about IOs, but the Fly app is the same for all the drones that use it. The only difference is how the drone firmware interacts with Fly. If you have Mini 2, Air 2, 2S, Mini 3 Pro and a Mavic 3 you can use a RC N1 for all. Not only do the Fly app appearance and settings change with each drone, the function of the controller also changes. O1, to O2, to O3, Fn button.

i suspect for the drones that don't work with some of the features in the fly app, those features are turned off by dji.  i guess you are asking for those features to turned on whether they work (well) or not, is that right?
2023-1-19
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 1-19 14:02
i suspect for the drones that don't work with some of the features in the fly app, those features are turned off by dji.  i guess you are asking for those features to turned on whether they work (well) or not, is that right?

What we all want is for DJI to add the waypoint coding to the 2S firmware.
2023-1-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 1-19 14:06
What we all want is for DJI to add the waypoint coding to the 2S firmware.

oh ok; my guess is they will once they get it working right.
2023-1-19
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

They will after they add an option to disable the 20% battery beeping on the Mini 2.
2023-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules