Using/Activating stand-alone Goggles V2
690 8 2022-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pilot_Dave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31407 ft
United States

I'm enjoying my FPV setup, and really like the intuitive control with the Motion Controller.  It makes control of the drone fly like an aircraft.

I've purchased a second set of goggles to "take" passengers aloft.  It's unclear to me how to activate the second pair.  Can anyone provide step-by-step instructions?  I used the DJI Fly app on my phone to activate the original equipment...do I activate the stand-along goggles through that too?  Do I need to activate at all?

Thanks for the advice.  I'm actively searching the forum and the 'net for the answer(s) but I'd appreciate anyone's knowledge.

--Dave.
2022-12-9
Use props
Pilot_Dave
lvl.1
United States

So I downloaded the most current Assistant 2 software onto my Mac.  Everything connected and goggles powered on.  The Assistant 2 app on the desktop won't recognize the goggles connected.  Help...
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific version of the DJI Assistant 2 are you using? Kindly please try to download the version below and check if there are any changes. If the issue persists, try to use a different USB communication cable to connect your Goggles to your MAC. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-12-9
Use props
Pilot_Dave
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the reply.  I'm using Assistant 2 Version 2.1.14, please see the attached screenshot.  I tried two different USB-C/USB-C cables on my Macbook Pro M1Max.

2022-12-9
Use props
Pilot_Dave
lvl.1
United States

No changes.  Your link is the same version.
2022-12-10
Use props
Pilot_Dave
lvl.1
United States

I just noticed new version V2.1.15 is available.  I cannot find a download link.  Perhaps that would help...
2022-12-10
Use props
Pilot_Dave
lvl.1
United States

Okay, so uninstalled the Assistant 2 Consumer Drones series.  Installed Assistant 2 FPV Series instead.  Changed to USB-C/USB-A plus dongle.  The software FINALLY recognized the goggles.

When I select to update firmware to V01.00.0607, my computer downloads the firmware, but then seems to hang on "transmitting firmware" which I assume is actually using the cable.  

Firmware failed.  Also tried earlier firmware versions .604, .606, and .607 again.  Nothing is updating the goggles.
2022-12-10
Use props
Pilot_Dave
lvl.1
United States

Screenshots:

2022-12-10
Use props
Pilot_Dave
lvl.1
United States

I wonder what failure code 5-100-4 means...  mods???
2022-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules