Fly Safe Geo Zone Map technical problem
1180 10 2022-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PFJvideo
lvl.1
Japan

Not sure what's the right category to post this to, but this is a message for DJI webmaster. There seems to be a technical issue currently with the DJI Flysafe map:https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

It's not showing the usual red overlay for restricted zones, it's only showing the pins. Attaching a screenshot for Tokyo area as an example (usually this would be almost completely red). Even if you change to different drones in the pulldown box, there is no difference. I tried different browsers and both desktop and mobile (and in DJI Go app).

796b5592440dc9270d43e6adf0582664.png
2022-12-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Kindly please try to zoom in on the map on your mobile device browser or desktop and see the difference. We strongly recommend using a desktop for a better view. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-10
Use props
PFJvideo
lvl.1
Japan

Hi, this issue still persist. I don't think this is only on my end as I tried various browsers and devices (and operating systems) at different zoom levels. The restricted zones overlay doesn't show anywhere (it was fine until earlier this month). Anybody else seeing this problem?
2022-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

PFJvideo Posted at 12-16 16:27
Hi, this issue still persist. I don't think this is only on my end as I tried various browsers and devices (and operating systems) at different zoom levels. The restricted zones overlay doesn't show anywhere (it was fine until earlier this month). Anybody else seeing this problem?

Hi there, could you please also provide us with a screenshot for better confirmation? May I ask if you've tried on a computer to see if the issue also exists?
2022-12-17
Use props
djiuser_smGWx06Dvo1a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130472 ft
United Kingdom

I've been having this problem for 2 days - no flight zones showing on the map for whole of UK
1-8 14:09
Use props
samanthacaplan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello, I am having the  same problem, I am in the UK. Any suggestions really appreciated as I use my drone for work and live close to an airport. Thanks in advance.
1-9 06:18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_smGWx06Dvo1a Posted at 1-8 14:09
I've been having this problem for 2 days - no flight zones showing on the map for whole of UK

Hi there, may I know if you were referring to the no-fly zones that have been removed in the UK? If yes, it is correct. When civilian drones first emerged on the market, there was a void of applicable laws or regulations. To support the healthy growth of the sector, DJI set restricted zones on its initiative to prevent the improper use of drones. Alongside the development of UAV technology and promulgation of pertinent laws and regulations, we will update our restricted zone policy and map in accordance with local laws and regulations. The regulatory power and responsibility rest with local authorities. While this eliminates the need to submit an unlocking request, users still need to file applications as required by local laws and regulations and ensure flight safety and compliance.
1-9 06:20
Use props
samanthacaplan
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi thank you for replying. I regularly unlock Authorization Zones for work as I live near an airport but for some reason the airport and in fact any airport in the UK are no longer showing on the DJI unlock request map.  In the whole of the uk there is only one geo spot showing which is in the lake district. I have attached two images, one zoomed in to my local airport which is Liverpool, and another zoomed out showing  there is only one zone showing in the UK. I really need to unlock zones for work so any help much appreciated.

1-9 06:48
Use props
fansd725cbe4
New

Switzerland

There also no flight zones showing on the map for whole of Switzerland.

1-9 12:24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

samanthacaplan Posted at 1-9 06:48
Hi thank you for replying. I regularly unlock Authorization Zones for work as I live near an airport but for some reason the airport and in fact any airport in the UK are no longer showing on the DJI unlock request map.  In the whole of the uk there is only one geo spot showing which is in the lake district. I have attached two images, one zoomed in to my local airport which is Liverpool, and another zoomed out showing  there is only one zone showing in the UK. I really need to unlock zones for work so any help much appreciated.

[view_image]

Hello, there. As DJI Susan explained above, DJI Updated the GEO system. The regulatory power and responsibility rest with local authorities. While this eliminates the need to submit an unlocking request, users still need to file applications as required by local laws and regulations and ensure flight safety and compliance.
You can check this news for more information:
https://www.dji.com/uk/newsroom/ ... s-to-its-geo-system
1-9 22:29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansd725cbe4 Posted at 1-9 12:24
There also no flight zones showing on the map for whole of Switzerland.

Hello, there. DJI Updated the GEO system. The regulatory power and responsibility rest with local authorities. While this eliminates the need to submit an unlocking request, users still need to file applications as required by local laws and regulations and ensure flight safety and compliance.
You can check this news for more information:
https://www.dji.com/uk/newsroom/ ... s-to-its-geo-system
1-9 22:29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules