Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hyperlapse Auto - how does it work?
2909 2 2022-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
czbo
lvl.1
United States

I am unable to find any documentation on how the auto frame rate works in hyperlapse mode. I see the speeds are Auto, 2X, 5X, 10X, 15X, and 30X. Reading another forum thread on the Osmo Action 3 (https://forum.dji.com/thread-280191-1-1.html), I would imagine the Action 2 Hyperlapse Auto works similarly; it defaults to a specific frame rate, then based on detected motion, it adjusts the rate. I wish someone can share the specifics on what speeds are used under what conditions.

Another issue I encountered while using the hyperlapse is that sometimes the camera would get switched to 1X speed because I am putting it on my chest while walking, and the walking motion makes the screen repeatedly swing away and towards the body, translating to a finger tap. I suppose this is because I am using the battery module and mounting it on the lanyard, therefore the touch screen is below the backing plate and is dangling below the backing plate. I was using it for a long duration recording and needed to plug in an external battery, so I needed the battery module attached.
2022-12-10
Use props
BehindTheGeek
New
Flight distance : 10220 ft
United Kingdom

I experienced the exact same issue with hyperlapse last night but didn’t know it had reverted to normal speed until I downloaded the videos and found part way through it had changed.  Same scenario, attached to lanyard with battery module as I was planning on recording around 25 mins of footage in hyperlapse mode.
2022-12-10
Use props
czbo
lvl.1
United States

I guess if the magnetic lanyard backing plate were to be extended to the length of the camera plus battery module, this issue would be solved. I also find that the issue of accidentally switching to 1X speed in hyperlapse mode happens more frequently if I am wearing a t-shirt and mounting the camera to the center of my torso. If I am wearing thicker clothes or button shirt (mounting the camera slightly off center), then it happens less. In my use case I have the camera in hyperlapse mode for about 10 hours a day (transferring files to SD card during meal times).
2023-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules