Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Software to view Mavic 3 Video Files on MAC
4487 11 2022-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

I've shot MP4 and MOV files but my Mac says quicktime player can't view these files. I have FCPX but I don't like just viewing my files with it when I get home from a shoot. Not sure what everyone else uses to view them. I don't want to covert them so I can view them. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
2022-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what video resolution did you use for those files? Also, please try to use different software like QQ Player, SPlayer, OmniPlayer, or VLC media player and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-10
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

vlc will play pretty much anything
2022-12-10
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-10 17:48
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what video resolution did you use for those files? Also, please try to use different software like QQ Player, SPlayer, OmniPlayer, or VLC media player and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

4K 60FPS, DLOG, H.264 if that's what your asking for.....
2022-12-10
Use props
FabioV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

svencool Posted at 12-10 21:56

Based on my experience on DLOG files that come out from my Air 2s, they cannot be viewed without some postprocessing, because they appears very flat and desaturated. Anyway, i can play them on the Mac with QT and VLC. I downloaded a DLOG sample taken with a Mavic 3. The difference is that it is encoded using Aple ProRes 422HQ instead HEVC. I can view it too on the Mac with QT. In wich format (codec) are the files you cannot play on your Mac ?
2022-12-11
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

h.264 combined with the 10bit DLog footage is your problem here.

Playback of 10bit files in h264 never works very well. h.265 is a much better and Mac-friendly codec to film in, you should swap the codec to this in the settings on your M3 and you'll have no issues with playback.

I've never had any issues with QT or FCPX playing M3 videos, but have run into this issue in the past. The stuff you've shot isn't wasted, but it's going to need transcoding.

Download handbrake.fr and transcode all the clips in this software to be able to play them as normal and make sure you use h.265 moving forward.

2022-12-11
Use props
FabioV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

CloudVisual Posted at 12-11 01:59

Playback of 10bit files in h264 never works very well. h.265 is a much better and Mac-friendly codec to film in, you should swap the codec to this in the settings on your M3 and you'll have no issues with playback.

If in addition to FCPX he has also Compressor, the recoding can be easily done with it. Handbake has many options, but its  interface  is more complex than the one from Compressor.
2022-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for CloudVisual's answer,  absolutely spot on
2022-12-11
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 12-11 01:59

Playback of 10bit files in h264 never works very well. h.265 is a much better and Mac-friendly codec to film in, you should swap the codec to this in the settings on your M3 and you'll have no issues with playback.

I will give this a shot and thank you for taking the time to explain that to me. I have an Inspire 1 and things are much different with the M3 in a good way I'm sure of it. Going to see if I can find that handbrake as you suggested.
2022-12-11
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

svencool Posted at 12-11 05:50
I will give this a shot and thank you for taking the time to explain that to me. I have an Inspire 1 and things are much different with the M3 in a good way I'm sure of it. Going to see if I can find that handbrake as you suggested.

I doubt that Inspire 1 will be getting much airtime once you've got the M3 sorted out. The I1 will feel like a heavy and unstable drone by comparison.
2022-12-11
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

CloudVisual Posted at 12-11 06:33
I doubt that Inspire 1 will be getting much airtime once you've got the M3 sorted out. The I1 will feel like a heavy and unstable drone by comparison.

Yes the M3 is more compact and easier to transport around. Not to mention offers allot more options than my inspire. I have noticed that on some windy days I think the inspire1 seems to handle that better. Thanks again for your and everyone elses help.....
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your response. You may refer to the suggestion of CloudVisual in post #6 about switching to h.265 and try to record a video and play it on your MAC to see if the issue persists. Please let us know if you still experience the issue for us to help you further. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules