Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AggieRC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1118091 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello all,

I have an issue with my avata currently where video is fine straight ahead and fine looking up, but if I rotate the gimbal down, the video will freeze when I pass about -1 / -1.5. It hasn't always done this, and developed the problem recently.

Is this something anyone else has seen, or that I am likely to be able to safely check or fix myself? Or is it time to use my DJI Care for the first time.
2022-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please upload the original file showing the issue via Google drive or Youtube and send the link here for us to check the footage? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-10
Use props
SirStabbs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218799 ft
United States

Turn the Avata off, and move the gimbal slowly up and down, check the cables make sure theres nothing restricting its movements. Turn the Avata on, and do a gimbal check/calibration within the goggles setting. see if that helps.
2022-12-10
Use props
AggieRC
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SirStabbs Posted at 12-10 17:34
Turn the Avata off, and move the gimbal slowly up and down, check the cables make sure theres nothing restricting its movements. Turn the Avata on, and do a gimbal check/calibration within the goggles setting. see if that helps.

Good call, SirStabbs, but sadly not a fix. The gimbal feels free floating and behaves normally, and the cables I can see (that aren't inside the structure of the gimbal itself) seem fine and not snagged on anything, etc.

Gimbal calibration ran successfully, but I still lose video during the lower part of the gimbal arc. If I immediately pull back up to about -1 I can get it bacl, but if I leave it more than a moment it never returns. Telemetry continues as normal though - I'm editing together a video of a quick test as per DJI Paladin's post above
2022-12-11
Use props
AggieRC
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-10 17:32
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please upload the original file showing the issue via Google drive or Youtube and send the link here for us to check the footage? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi Paladin, video is here:

As you can see, when I move the gimbal down past a certain point, the video stays on a single frame, but the gimbal keeps moving (I have confirmed with app view that it continues to move without problems). If I move it back up in time, the video reappears but without the auto adaption to the low lighting in the room I filmed in. The second time I move past that point, it goes black.

This happens reliably in flight and on the ground, no visible errors are generated in the app.

The video saved to SD Card or internal storage does the same thing, though it records for about a second longer than the goggle video does before freeze framing.

I have DJI refresh on this avata, what I want to know is if this is something I can fix myself, or if I need to send it off under refresh (and how I do that)
2022-12-11
Use props
AggieRC
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For this next reply I include the onboard video from the avata itself - as you can see it freezes on a frame further down the gimbal move than the goggles do, then comes back in the same state above. On the second scroll down the onboard video just ends.

I have experienced this twice in flight, thankfully my spotter had eyes on and could guide me in after I took the goggles off.
2022-12-11
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

It looks like a cable / connector problem for sure.
2022-12-12
Use props
AggieRC
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BadBert Posted at 12-12 00:11
It looks like a cable / connector problem for sure.

That's the vibe I'm getting. I've not been shy of doing mavic maintenance in the past, but this is so new (and under Care) That I wanted to check in before doing anything mad with it
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AggieRC Posted at 12-11 17:04
Hi Paladin, video is here:

Video on Youtube

Thank you for your response and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-12
Use props
AggieRC
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-12 03:54
Thank you for your response and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you Paladin, I have raised a request and am awaiting a shipping label.

And thank you everyone, this was exactly what I needed to be confident in acting - can't wait to have her back and flying again
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AggieRC Posted at 12-12 05:41
Thank you Paladin, I have raised a request and am awaiting a shipping label.

And thank you everyone, this was exactly what I needed to be confident in acting - can't wait to have her back and flying again

You are most welcome. We hope that you can get your drone asap. Should you have any additional inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for always choosing DJI!
2022-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules