Accessing / downloading logs on V2 goggles from a DJI FPV, how?
1292 4 2022-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Currently I connect the goggles and controller to the drone and a phone to the goggles. Every thing switched on.
Previously, when I opened the flight records section of the app I got the logs downloaded, from the goggles to the phone at some point, and there were 70+ .txts PLUS the accompanying DAT's.
I do not keep the logs on the phone but MOVE them to my computer.

I DO NOT sync with DJI and I DO NOT want to sync with DJI.
I have the impression the original logs stay on the goggles because, when I next connected the phone to the goggles, all the logs reappeared on the phone.

Then I got caught with a forced up date and thinsg seem somewhat different since the update.

Yesterday I connected the phone to the goggles and ONLY 8 logs appeared.

In the flight records section if I touch ''more'' I move to the log list, there is a clock icon in the upper right corner of the screen. If I touch that clock I see some messages about syncing the goggles and the phone or downloading logs to the phone etc. The ''clock'' changes to two,white semi circular arrows and a list of logs, white print on a black blackground. So far so goood or reasonably so but here come where I start having problems, if I touch the two semi circular arrows I get a huge, scrollable list of logs?, white print on a black blackground.

NONE of the timestamps of those logs? correspond with the timestamps in the names of the logs I already have. Also I do not seem to be able to download those logs? to the phone.

Attached is an edited sceen capture of part of that ''huge, scrollable list''.

Five questions,

1) What is this ''huge scrollable list'' a list of?
2) Can I download it to the phone?
3) If so, how?
4) Can logs be removed from the goggles?

5) If so, how?

Thanksfor any information and answers.

Black screen poss log list.png
2022-12-11
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

This may not be exactly the advice you wanted. But, those .DATs are all encrypted so you might want to consider not trying to save them on your desktop.

However, there are .DATs that are not encrypted that exist in the Fly App. Retrieving them is a two step process; 1) transferr them from the goggles to the Fly App, and 2) transfer from the Fly App to the desktop. Here is an explanation

https://fpvdronepilots.com/threads/dat-available.4225/

2022-12-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers BudWalker, I am about to read your link, thanks.
So is it your thinking that the "huge scrollable list" is a list of files on the drone itself and, perhaps, just a list of titles and file sizes, .... akin to the output of a DIR command in Windows?
I made a screen recording of the list and am slowly working my way through it entering the date/time stamp on a spread sheet to see if I can work out some sort of correlation.

The DATs I got off my phone ( In the 'old way'  ) are readable but I will have to check to see if the new ones still are. edit. They are
Actually I am a bit puzzled by those DAT's, I happened to notice DAT's that some show now motor starts and NO corresponding .txt, as if they were DAT's from the drone itself ..... as we can get off the older drones e.g. the P3 Adv.
And I don't mean a continuation or a 'prequel' of a DAT caused by a disconnection etc., I mean an entirely free standing DAT with its own, incremented index number.
2022-12-11
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-11 08:37
Cheers BudWalker, I am about to read your link, thanks.
So is it your thinking that the "huge scrollable list" is a list of files on the drone itself and, perhaps, just a list of titles and file sizes, .... akin to the output of a DIR command in Windows?
I made a screen recording of the list and am slowly working my way through it entering the date/time stamp on a spread sheet to see if I can work out some sort of correlation.

I almost never have the AC connected when I look at the files in the FLY App. So the huge list are files residing on the Fly App. I suspect the files labelled DJI FPV came from the FPV itself and those labelled DJI Goggles V2 came from the goggles.

The .DATs with no motor start or corresponding .txt were created when the Fly App was connected to the powered up FPV but there was no flight.
2022-12-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BudWalker Posted at 12-11 09:34The .DATs with no motor start or corresponding .txt were created when  the Fly App was connected to the powered up FPV but there was no flight.

Duuuhh my brain isn't working, Homer moment

''I suspect the files labelled DJI FPV came from the FPV itself and those labelled DJI Goggles V2 came from the goggles.''

Good thinking, that thread's a good read, cheers

2022-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules