Insurance for the DJI Phantom Vision 2+ V3
1630 3 2014-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ctsrconrad
lvl.2

United States

I just got one of these things for my video business and I was wondering what you guys do for insurance on these things and what the cost would be?

I would not do anything crazy with it, as in fly out of my sight. In fact I will try and limit it to around 400 feet or below, never fly it out of my sight, and not use at night. I also would limit the speed that it would fly at so it would not go too fast. Also, it is not something that I would use too often, only to the shoot that I was hired and also to practice. This is a part-time business for me, so I would not be doing this as a full-time business.

Thanks a lot.

PS FIRST POST

2014-12-4
Use props
sean.batson
New

Canada

In some jurisdictions no insurance and no flight license required if used for recreational purposes.
2014-12-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Business insurance will be expensive, but its the price you have to pay to operate commercially.
You will need to contact a few insurance brokers in your country.
2014-12-4
Use props
ctsrconrad
lvl.2

United States

An idea that popped into my head was, what if I get like 5-10 clients this year, would it be best if I were to insure it for the days of the shoot only? I have heard of that happening. That seems like it should be cheaper.
2014-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules