DJI Mini 3 In-Depth Review: Everything You Need to Know!
1280 19 2022-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mini 3 In-Depth Review: Everything You Need to Know!

2022-12-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had seen this video on YT and I agree with his recommendation at the end of the video to go with the Mini 3 Pro.  
2022-12-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice find.
Not my drone unfortunately.
2022-12-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-12 00:12
Nice find.
Not my drone unfortunately.

Not mine either,    Im more a pro guy.
2022-12-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 12-12 05:14
Not mine either,    Im more a pro guy.

I'm not right now. But I want to be
2022-12-12
Use props
ciaranmcorcoran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2204134 ft

United States

I wish I went with the pro.
2023-1-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ciaranmcorcoran Posted at 1-3 07:24

The Pro has been a great drone for me.  
2023-1-3
Use props
ciaranmcorcoran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2204134 ft

United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-3 07:52
The Pro has been a great drone for me.

It was just a bit too expensive at the time
2023-1-3
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

I've got a Mini 3 on order and it is NOT the Pro version because battery life is absolutely crucial for me, which gives the Min 3 a definite edge over the Mini 3 Pro.  I have no use whatsoever for obstacle avoidance sensors because I have hundreds of simulator hours flying all manner of drones and as a result have never crashed any drone into an obstacle over the past 5 years I've launched drones both for manual flight and for Litchi waypoint missions flown under full auto-pilot from start to finish.

By the same token, I can live with the Mini 3 only being capable of filming in 4K/30 fps as opposed to the Mini 3 Pro's capacity to film in 4K/60 fps because that marginally longer flight duration of the Mini 3 is far more important to me than being able to produce slow motion footage.  The only reason I might have cause to regret buying a Mini 3 would be IF it turns out that the option to COMPLETE waypoint missions beyond the reach of the RC signal, without reverting to RTH is NOT offered with the DJI Fly waypoint mode.  It is now clear that DJI Fly's waypoint mode will be introduced by DJI as a substitute for Litchi waypoints which are evidently going to be locked out by DJI, thus ending a partnership I would have loved to see last forever.
2023-2-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Muttley7 Posted at 2-24 22:28
I've got a Mini 3 on order and it is NOT the Pro version because battery life is absolutely crucial for me, which gives the Min 3 a definite edge over the Mini 3 Pro.  I have no use whatsoever for obstacle avoidance sensors because I have hundreds of simulator hours flying all manner of drones and as a result have never crashed any drone into an obstacle over the past 5 years I've launched drones both for manual flight and for Litchi waypoint missions flown under full auto-pilot from start to finish.

By the same token, I can live with the Mini 3 only being capable of filming in 4K/30 fps as opposed to the Mini 3 Pro's capacity to film in 4K/60 fps because that marginally longer flight duration of the Mini 3 is far more important to me than being able to produce slow motion footage.  The only reason I might have cause to regret buying a Mini 3 would be IF it turns out that the option to COMPLETE waypoint missions beyond the reach of the RC signal, without reverting to RTH is NOT offered with the DJI Fly waypoint mode.  It is now clear that DJI Fly's waypoint mode will be introduced by DJI as a substitute for Litchi waypoints which are evidently going to be locked out by DJI, thus ending a partnership I would have loved to see last forever.

For a couple of extra minutes of flight time I would buy the pro every time.   In real world use neither drones get close to the advertised times as we can never fly in perfect conditions.
2023-2-24
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-24 23:41
For a couple of extra minutes of flight time I would buy the pro every time.   In real world use neither drones get close to the advertised times as we can never fly in perfect conditions.

The Mini 3 Pro's obstacle avoidance sensors would be VITAL for drones that are flown in close proximity to trees and structures, but for my needs, which entail flying long-distance autonomous Litchi waypoint missions at 150 feet above the ground, obstacle avoidance is completely unnecessary while also consuming battery power that I'd rather see devoted to squeezing every last minute possible of flight time out of each battery charge.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that since Litchi is now locked out of DJI's new drones, DJI Fly's waypoint feature will work as well it does for the Mavic 3, which offers the function to complete waypoint missions when the signal between the drone and controller is broken.   
2023-2-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Muttley7 Posted at 2-25 04:34
The Mini 3 Pro's obstacle avoidance sensors would be VITAL for drones that are flown in close proximity to trees and structures, but for my needs, which entail flying long-distance autonomous Litchi waypoint missions at 150 feet above the ground, obstacle avoidance is completely unnecessary while also consuming battery power that I'd rather see devoted to squeezing every last minute possible of flight time out of each battery charge.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that since Litchi is now locked out of DJI's new drones, DJI Fly's waypoint feature will work as well it does for the Mavic 3, which offers the function to complete waypoint missions when the signal between the drone and controller is broken.

Ive had OA kick in and save the drone when flying at around 250ft in open country side,  it can be very useful.
2023-2-25
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-25 23:54
Ive had OA kick in and save the drone when flying at around 250ft in open country side,  it can be very useful.

What on earth would have triggered OA at 250 feet AGL?   Was it a bird attack, a cellphone tower, or a mountainside?
2023-2-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Muttley7 Posted at 2-26 10:44
What on earth would have triggered OA at 250 feet AGL?   Was it a bird attack, a cellphone tower, or a mountainside?

Swallows playing
2023-2-26
Use props
Muttley7
lvl.4
United States

Ah, I see.  Such an impact could have brought the drone down for sure
2023-2-26
Use props
Jake. A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

ciaranmcorcoran Posted at 1-3 07:24

I wouldn't stress about it. I've been using it for about 3 months now and its fantastic
2023-3-31
Use props
Sophia0110
lvl.1

United States

I adore mini DJI, I've been using it for a year, and it has never disappointed me. I plan to change it for a newer model with the prefix pro
2023-4-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sophia0110 Posted at 4-19 20:50
I adore mini DJI, I've been using it for a year, and it has never disappointed me. I plan to change it for a newer model with the prefix pro

You might want to hold off and see what Mini 4 brings to the table.  
2023-4-19
Use props
Staffydog33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1348881 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can tell you that being owner of 2 x DJI mini 2, 2 x mini 3 Pro and a very experienced user of DJI M600...... The one I chose to buy and keep.....100% Mini 3 NON pro...not worth pay hundreds more when no matter how immense they claim the 'PRO' version is, trust me, myself and my Care Refresh accidental damage know how the smallest of twigs will NOT be picked up by these 'PRO' sensors and like my PRO, went crashing to the ground.

The way DJI make it out sometimes, is almost like you can sprint like a lunatic through a dense forest and the 'PRO' will even sense a bumblebee...lol.

Pro....nah, been there done that, MUCH prefer the Mini 3 with DJI RC permanent free FCC hack.

If you need the PRO because of avoiding big objects - money be better spent on flying lessons.

Mattt

2023-5-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Staffydog33 Posted at 5-4 08:07
I can tell you that being owner of 2 x DJI mini 2, 2 x mini 3 Pro and a very experienced user of DJI M600...... The one I chose to buy and keep.....100% Mini 3 NON pro...not worth pay hundreds more when no matter how immense they claim the 'PRO' version is, trust me, myself and my Care Refresh accidental damage know how the smallest of twigs will NOT be picked up by these 'PRO' sensors and like my PRO, went crashing to the ground.

The way DJI make it out sometimes, is almost like you can sprint like a lunatic through a dense forest and the 'PRO' will even sense a bumblebee...lol.

Only problem with that is a lot of us bought the pro the day it was released,   we weren't going to wait for almost a year for a non pro that wasnt even rumoured at the time.    I had over 5000km on mine before the non pro was released.  
2023-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules