Open USB C Door
2074 11 2022-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TroutManiac
lvl.2
United States

Osmo,

You should look into producing a USB C Open Door so a USB C cable can be plugged into the USB C port to continuously power the device. Easy win.
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what Osmo product are you referring to on this suggestion? Also, are you referring to a product modification or an accessory? Can you please post an example so we can forward it to our relevant team? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-11
Use props
TroutManiac
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-11 20:17
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what Osmo product are you referring to on this suggestion? Also, are you referring to a product modification or an accessory? Can you please post an example so we can forward it to our relevant team? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Osmo action 3. Here's two examples that exist for GoPro.

https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/usb-pass-through-door/ADCOD-001.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAv9ucBhBXEiwA6N8nYPZM-YPyB3kaJoi_cDDoDkpWd_-e43_cfsQ9MO0PObU__Jj4wI51BxoCgSsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.ulanzi.com/products/pre-sale-ulanzi-g9-2-battery-lid-for-gopro-hero-9?_pos=9&_sid=c84ae4034&_ss=r
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi TroutManiac,
You can simply remove the USB C Open Door on the action3:
08:38
2022-12-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-12 04:10
Hi TroutManiac,
You can simply remove the USB C Open Door on the action3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZKLLG4OYR8 08:38

think you are not understanding his question :

we want a Pass through door, so when it is ON we can slip a USB cable on it while the rest is covered.

like so

2022-12-12
Use props
TroutManiac
lvl.2
United States

Exactly. Removing my car door isn't the answer for me to just get some wind through being able to bring a window down. Also, even if a 'solution' was to just remove the door entirely there should still be a USB cable with a grommet\gasket around the male connector that helps seal around the female port like GoPro does.
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

TroutManiac Posted at 12-12 04:38
Exactly. Removing my car door isn't the answer for me to just get some wind through being able to bring a window down. Also, even if a 'solution' was to just remove the door entirely there should still be a USB cable with a grommet\gasket around the male connector that helps seal around the female port like GoPro does.

I see.
Gopro has this battery door accessory because its battery and sd card will be exposured when charging.
We considered this and make the charging port at the other side of the camera. so if any one wants to charge while using action3, the battery and SD card will not be affected. No need for that door accessory.

So... If a door like ulanzi , it cannot protect type-c door.
2022-12-12
Use props
TroutManiac
lvl.2
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-12 04:48
I see.
Gopro has this battery door accessory because its battery and sd card will be exposured when charging.
We considered this and make the charging port at the other side of the camera. so if any one wants to charge while using action3, the battery and SD card will not be affected. No need for that door accessory.

I understand and didnt realize that the design does only isolate the usb c port on this side here, and the battery and sd card are unapplicable. Good thought into that design. I guess it just comes down to then it being an unfinished looking implementation with the door removed, even if functional. Fair enough, thanks for the information. Ill just purchase the GoPro USBC cable with the hood aroudn it to help protect any moisture and water splashes from making its way to the actual port.
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

TroutManiac Posted at 12-12 05:49
I understand and didnt realize that the design does only isolate the usb c port on this side here, and the battery and sd card are unapplicable. Good thought into that design. I guess it just comes down to then it being an unfinished looking implementation with the door removed, even if functional. Fair enough, thanks for the information. Ill just purchase the GoPro USBC cable with the hood aroudn it to help protect any moisture and water splashes from making its way to the actual port.

we will collect more feedback of the usb port. and reach some thirdparty manufacture to see whether they have interests in this kind of accessory.
the door is quite mandatory for gopro to charge while shotting, so some manufacture makes the accessory. For Action3, if more people want it, it should be considered.
2022-12-12
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

the Port door protects:
  • USB slot
  • dust from entering
  • water from the USB port

having a open door:
  • offers protection from the rain, moisture and foul weather
  • limits the dust and lint to enter while using it
  • with  the thought of a rubber sleeve o add weather resistant for extended record times, timelaspes etc.

thesolution till DJI can make or or get one  started will be getting a protective silicone cover, make a small hole and  problem solved, costing less then the door that will be made, be a loss for dji a win for the customer not what DJI wants, but we understand being stuck with inventory on it...

Screenshot_20230106_072613.png
2023-1-6
Use props
Vedranius
New
Croatia

Hi,
is there any news about this?
I can't find any alternative for this use. And I'm sick of covering my DJI Osmo 3 action camera every time I'm shooting outside for longer times.
If only there is a seal around that connector and that it is kinda tucked into the camera by few milimeters.
As some other IP cameras that have USB-C and can work outside are weatherproof and they only have USB-C connector tucked into the camera body...
For example:

2023-8-29
Use props
adamw
lvl.2
Israel

I was confident that such a door with an opening for a USB C connector existed but I was wrong. There is such a door for GoPro 9-12.
4-10 12:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules