DJI V2 remote not working over SBUS pad in Betaflight.
8221 19 2022-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
llambkin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22858 ft
Australia

Hello all,

I have switched one of my quads over from a competing system to DJI since the Vista's are now compatible with my Goggles 2, and I wanted to use the Remote V2 with this craft. I could not get any channels movement when connecting the SBUS pin to the flight controllers RX pin.

I have updated the firmware on all components, and have checked the wiring, checked the CLI commands for DJI Fast baud, swapped out FC's and even tried switching from an RX pad to a TX pad to get it working. I lost patience with it, and just installed a ELRS RX into the craft to get it flying, but I would still like to be able to use the Vista with the Remote V2 if possible.

Thanks -Liam
2022-12-11
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

Is it an F7 or F4 FC? If it's F4, you need to use SBUS pad specifically. If it's F7, any RX pad should work, but make sure serial rx is enabled for that port in ports tab of the configurator and that sbus is selected in receiver tab under protocol. Fast baud sbus should be enabled both in cli and in goggle settings.
2022-12-11
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 12-11 15:27
Is it an F7 or F4 FC? If it's F4, you need to use SBUS pad specifically. If it's F7, any RX pad should work, but make sure serial rx is enabled for that port in ports tab of the configurator and that sbus is selected in receiver tab under protocol. Fast baud sbus should be enabled both in cli and in goggle settings.

Hi, any other thoughts on why the v2 remote wouldn't work?  F7 FC, using the full wiring harness for my caddx vista, I'm a little at a loss for setting the rx port since that would be the same as the video uart but I tried it anyways,  I'm bound but I lose OSD and still no stick movement.  
2022-12-12
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

smithe Posted at 12-12 07:26
Hi, any other thoughts on why the v2 remote wouldn't work?  F7 FC, using the full wiring harness for my caddx vista, I'm a little at a loss for setting the rx port since that would be the same as the video uart but I tried it anyways,  I'm bound but I lose OSD and still no stick movement.

Make sure you have sbus fast set in both the goggles and BetaFlight.

Also, if you switch between O3 and original DJI Air Units and Vista you will need to rebind the controller (but not the goggles).
2022-12-12
Use props
llambkin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22858 ft
Australia

Thanks this fixed the problem! Anyone would think I would know such things since I have been flying since Multiwii days :S
2022-12-12
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

smithe Posted at 12-12 07:26
Hi, any other thoughts on why the v2 remote wouldn't work?  F7 FC, using the full wiring harness for my caddx vista, I'm a little at a loss for setting the rx port since that would be the same as the video uart but I tried it anyways,  I'm bound but I lose OSD and still no stick movement.

No no, serial rx doesn't go on the same port as MSP! Check your FC's manual to see on which port the SBUS pad is, and enable serial rx on that one.
2022-12-14
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CappyA330 Posted at 12-12 10:26
Make sure you have sbus fast set in both the goggles and BetaFlight.

Also, if you switch between O3 and original DJI Air Units and Vista you will need to rebind the controller (but not the goggles).

Have those all setup, bound but no response in betaflight at all.  
2022-12-14
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 12-14 04:01
No no, serial rx doesn't go on the same port as MSP! Check your FC's manual to see on which port the SBUS pad is, and enable serial rx on that one.

I’m plugged in using the wiring harness to my FC, says UART 4 for RX and TX on that, there is an SBUS pin on the wiring harness/port on FC but nothing in the FC’s manual says what that port

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/ ... g.docx?v=1621575522
2022-12-14
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

smithe Posted at 12-14 06:32
I’m plugged in using the wiring harness to my FC, says UART 4 for RX and TX on that, there is an SBUS pin on the wiring harness/port on FC but nothing in the FC’s manual says what that port

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0507/4380/4074/files/Rekon_5_Analog.docx?v=1621575522

2022-12-14
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, I’ll try that when I get home.  I must be blind…
2022-12-14
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Got home and I was already on UART1 so there is something else.  I’ve done the sbus fastbaud command and it’s set in the goggles.
2022-12-14
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

smithe Posted at 12-14 19:14
Got home and I was already on UART1 so there is something else.  I’ve done the sbus fastbaud command and it’s set in the goggles.

Is sbus selected as receiver protocol in your receiver tab? If it is, then it could be a hardware issue. Check wiring. If you have another sbus receiver to test, try that to make sure your sbus pad is working.
2022-12-15
Use props
smithe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Found the problem, I couldn't really see it but I had one wire that came off the pad, soldered it back up and all good!  Thanks all for the help!
2022-12-19
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem, DJI controller 2 and Goggles 2 both bind alright but controller sticks are dead. I got a Cinebot30 O3 from GEPRC that supposed to be PNP ready, they just slapped the parts together without testing the drone and shipped.  O3 unit was bolted in certain way that I could not use the O3 USB port or the SD card port, neither could reach the bidding hole.  I had to make openings in the frame wall with a Dremel, such a shame.

All 3 Firmware's are updated, checked CLI...they had Sbus OFF, changed to ON (also goggles) all configuration on Betaflight seems to be correct... Serial UART, SBUS, AETR1234, Serial Rx Switch, the only thing I can think about is that they  set the wrong port, I don't know if that would matter as the FC is a GEP-F722-45A AIO v2.  Their customer service is zero, open tickets and no one replies, or replies to emails.

Anyway, got sick of it, ordered a Frsky R-XSR receiver and will use my Taranis XD9+...... will need figure out which cable/s I need to cut from O3 Air Unit going to FC, I think in the first DJI Air Unit was the yellow...any ideas?
2022-12-23
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Croatia

HDPS Posted at 12-23 20:01
I have the same problem, DJI controller 2 and Goggles 2 both bind alright but controller sticks are dead. I got a Cinebot30 O3 from GEPRC that supposed to be PNP ready, they just slapped the parts together without testing the drone and shipped.  O3 unit was bolted in certain way that I could not use the O3 USB port or the SD card port, neither could reach the bidding hole.  I had to make openings in the frame wall with a Dremel, such a shame.

All 3 Firmware's are updated, checked CLI...they had Sbus OFF, changed to ON (also goggles) all configuration on Betaflight seems to be correct... Serial UART, SBUS, AETR1234, Serial Rx Switch, the only thing I can think about is that they  set the wrong port, I don't know if that would matter as the FC is a GEP-F722-45A AIO v2.  Their customer service is zero, open tickets and no one replies, or replies to emails.

Pinout is in the user manual (both for AIO and for O3AU).
2022-12-26
Use props
fansb0159189
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7910364 ft
United States

So ridiculous how complicated this ... is
2023-2-1
Use props
djiuser_AHFCzkwiXpBE
New
Flight distance : 216552 ft
Austria

Hallo ich habe mir den DJI Remote controller 2, googles 2 und die Mark 5 mit dji 03 system gekauft. Ich habe auch alles miteinander verbunden. Ich habe das Problem, dass ich bei betaflight keine signale von meinem remote controller 2 erhalte. Ich habe in den googles und auch in bethaflight auf sbus eingestellt und habe ihn auf auf on gestellt. Was könnte ich ändern, dass ich Signale erkenne? Bei Anslüsse ist bei Konfiguartion UART1 und UART4 aktiv und bei Serieller Empfänger UART2 aktiv. Muss ich da etwas umstellen?
2023-5-4
Use props
fans02b6fdc5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1627920 ft
  • >>>
Ecuador

Same problem here with the cinelog20 o3
2023-5-30
Use props
fansb0159189
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7910364 ft
United States

good luck finding any dji support
2023-7-2
Use props
Proper Films
lvl.2

United States

fans02b6fdc5 Posted at 5-30 11:13
Same problem here with the cinelog20 o3

Same situation with the o3 unit on a Cinelog 35, I flew it fine and then a few hours later I tried to fly again and the goggles linked to the camera but stopped showing specs on the goggle screen and the controller would 'bind' but not connect. I've tried updating the CLI since but the controller will still not connect.

Curious if you've had any update to your problem
2023-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules