Second hand drone, can't unbind drone
1252 15 2022-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msacco
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62 ft

Israel

Hey, I recently bought a DJI Mini 3 Pro as my first drone, I bought it from someone that used it for just a few dozen minutes, which means they basically didn't use it at all.
Since they didn't use it much, they weren't very familiar with the binding thing, and since it's my first drone, I didn't knew about that thing.

When I received the drone and RC, both were connected to the same account, he just sold it to me like that since he didn't knew much about it. Unfortunately for me, since I didn't knew it either I first disconnected the account from the RC before unbinding the drone from the account, and now I'm pretty much stuck with the drone which I can't unbind.

I have talked to the guy I purchased the drone from, but they don't remember the account and gmail since they created it just for the drone, he says he'll try to recover the account, but I don't know if he'll manage to do that.

I tried to reach out to DJI, but their reply is "we'll try to contact the previous owner and try to resolve it", I don't know if they might do something useful since he can't remember both the gmail and account..They told me not to worry, but tbh I am worried, it sounds like I'm kinda f**cked with no solution possible.

1. Are there any suggestions? Any ideas what can I do now?
2. What are the consequences of not being able to bind the drone to my account? It seems like I can still fly the drone and it does register the info to my account..
3. Is there some unofficial way of unbinding the drone in a different way without the account?

Thanks for the help.
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I have the serial number of the aircraft for us to check here if there's any existing ticket? Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-12-11
Use props
msacco
lvl.1

Israel

DJI Diana Posted at 12-11 16:50
Hi there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I have the serial number of the aircraft for us to check here if there's any existing ticket? Thank you for your cooperation.

I guess there should be a ticket.
The SN is: 1581F4XFD224R006JJGN
2022-12-11
Use props
msacco
lvl.1

Israel

I tried to call the local DJI support, they basically told me to go f*** myself, that the only way to solve it is by the previous owner magically remembers the credentials he forgot, but I've also ssen this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=262404&page=4&mobile=2#pid2900082

Which seems to prove that DJI in fact CAN assist even when the account is lost, so what the hell is the verdict here? Can DJI help here or not?..

That's super confusing.
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

msacco Posted at 12-12 06:11
I tried to call the local DJI support, they basically told me to go f*** myself, that the only way to solve it is by the previous owner magically remembers the credentials he forgot, but I've also ssen this thread:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=262404&page=4&mobile=2#pid2900082

Thank you for providing the serial number. Apologies for the confusion. For further assistance on this, I sent you a private message. Kindly check. Thank you.
2022-12-12
Use props
msacco
lvl.1

Israel

DJI Diana Posted at 12-12 10:01
Thank you for providing the serial number. Apologies for the confusion. For further assistance on this, I sent you a private message. Kindly check. Thank you.

I have replied, thanks.
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

msacco Posted at 12-12 12:34
I have replied, thanks.

Please be advised that we received your message. Kindly check our response. Thank you.
2022-12-12
Use props
msacco
lvl.1

Israel

msacco Posted at 12-12 06:11
I tried to call the local DJI support, they basically told me to go f*** myself, that the only way to solve it is by the previous owner magically remembers the credentials he forgot, but I've also ssen this thread:

So now DJI blocked the message that I've linked, maybe because it proves that they can assist but maybe they don't want to.
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

msacco Posted at 12-13 00:28
So now DJI blocked the message that I've linked, maybe because it proves that they can assist but maybe they don't want to.

Hello, there. We sincerely apologize for your misleading. As we mentioned in the thread, that was a mistake by our support. Your case has been forwarded to our teams. We will contact you as soon as possible.
2022-12-13
Use props
msacco
lvl.1

Israel

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-13 02:04
Hello, there. We sincerely apologize for your misleading. As we mentioned in the thread, that was a mistake by our support. Your case has been forwarded to our teams. We will contact you as soon as possible.

What was the mistake? It wasn't DJI that actually unlocked the drone?
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

msacco Posted at 12-13 02:08
What was the mistake? It wasn't DJI that actually unlocked the drone?

We upload the principle of the case by case. In your case, kindly let the original owner recall his account and password. Our teams will also contact him and you as well. Thanks for your understanding.
2022-12-13
Use props
msacco
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-13 03:42
We upload the principle of the case by case. In your case, kindly let the original owner recall his account and password. Our teams will also contact him and you as well. Thanks for your understanding.

Well, that doesn't give me much hopes since he doesn't remember the DJI account or the gmail account, but it is what it is I guess...I'll just wait.
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

msacco Posted at 12-13 03:44
Well, that doesn't give me much hopes since he doesn't remember the DJI account or the gmail account, but it is what it is I guess...I'll just wait.

Thanks for your understanding. Your case will be followed up by our supervisor teams. You may communicate with our supervisor by email.  
2022-12-13
Use props
djiuser_xnySL2Lb2BJW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21883 ft

United Kingdom

Hi
I have just bought a “just like new” mini 2 from Amazon warehouse and it is bound to another user.  Can Dji resolve this for me and delete the user or do I need to send it back to Amazon for a refund?
Thanks
2022-12-29
Use props
msacco
lvl.1

Israel

djiuser_xnySL2Lb2BJW Posted at 12-29 09:58
Hi
I have just bought a “just like new” mini 2 from Amazon warehouse and it is bound to another user.  Can Dji resolve this for me and delete the user or do I need to send it back to Amazon for a refund?
Thanks

If it's not too much of a hassle, I'd return it to amazon.
DJI support is the worst thing you could ever encounter, just save yourself the trouble and the need to deal with these stupid people if you can.
Technically, it might not matter at all, but it's still better.
2022-12-29
Use props
Greendog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21883 ft

United Kingdom

msacco Posted at 12-29 10:35
If it's not too much of a hassle, I'd return it to amazon.
DJI support is the worst thing you could ever encounter, just save yourself the trouble and the need to deal with these stupid people if you can.
Technically, it might not matter at all, but it's still better.

Ok I think I will do.
thank you for your reply.
2022-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules