all in one handle won't connect to google pixel 4a 5g
840 3 2022-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bucky gargoyle
New

United States

I purchased the Pocket 2 creator combo so that I would get the all-in-one handle, but it won't connect to my Google Pixel 4a 5g. This is not an old or obscure phone, so it seems like it should work. But when I try to follow the small amount of pitifully inadequate documentation, it won't work.
2022-12-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Hello and sorry to hear about your problems.

For what I know, DJI Pocket 2 doesn't officially support the Pixel 4A 5G on their list, however there are many more phones that do work although not officially sanctioned.

I have lists for tested phones and tablets that are or aren't compatible with the Pocket 2, they both also include a list of troubleshooting tips to help solving connection/activation issues.

The notes I have received for the list from other forum members, do not specifically mention the 5G version of the Pixel 4A, however there are specific notes considering the "basic" version of 4A. Maybe those could help you too?
(The notes mentioned are:
UPDATE: With new Mimo versions, the wireless connection should now work without the need to resort to workarounds. If your version doesn't work and you want to use this model wirelessly, either update to a newer version or do the following:
  1. Turn off mobile data on your phone
  2. Open your phone's WiFi settings and select DJIPocket-xxxxxx from the list of available WiFi networks
  3. Open DJI Mimo
  Inability to use mobile data possibly means no livestreaming available for this phone model when connected wirelessly)

If that helps, great! If not, the lists still have troubleshooting tips that you still could try to see if something from those could help.

To see the list of phones, you can check https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190 and if you end up trying a tablet instead, you can check out https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518

Finally, if you end up testing this yourself, you can contribute to the lists by posting your model and results on the relevant thread. Any contributions would be highly appreciated.

Good luck for your troubleshooting and have a nice upcoming week!
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

HI there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm if your  DJI Pocket 2 cannot detect the Do-It-All handle or if the DJI Pocket 2 can detect the Do-It-All handle but there is no connection on the DJI Mimo app? If your Pocket 2 cannot connect to the mobile device please try the suggestion of HGDC on post #2 and you may include the troubleshooting steps below to see if the issue persists.

For Android mobile devices (using a Huawei mobile phone as an example)

1. Set the IP to DHCT (dynamic) and input 192.168.2.100 in the IP address column. Then, try again.
2. If the issue persists, switch it to a static IP to reconnect and retry.
3. Switch to DHCT (dynamic) and then input the IP. Reconnect to it.

Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-12-11
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

For what I know, DJI Pocket 2 doesn't officially support the Pixel 4A 5G
2022-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules