Feature request for Fly app: horizon indicator
440 3 2022-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guzewski
lvl.2

Canada

One thing I would find very useful is to have a horizon indicator overlaid on the video from the drone. As you tilt the camera down, the horizon indicator would of course move up on the dispay. If you tilt down far enough the horizon indicator would have to disappear off-screen.

I'd really like to see what's above and below my horizontal flight line, especially for low-level flying, and when the camera is tilted it's not always that easy.

I (maybe naively) think this should be quite easy. You already have the option for a few grid types. For the horizon, all you have to do is overlay a horizontal line based on what the camera angle is. I think this could be implemented entirely in the app, except maybe for things like spotlight mode, where the drone would report the gimbal angle in the telemetry.

This could be an option right underneath the grid settings.

2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Rest assured that we are doing our best to gather customers' inquiries and work on solutions to provide the best customer service to our consumers. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can see this if you turn on the radar view.  
2022-12-12
Use props
Guzewski
lvl.2

Canada

DAFlys Posted at 12-12 05:51
You can see this if you turn on the radar view.

OK, thanks for the info. I was not using the radar view because it's a little unfamiliar, but I'll try it soon. I think I'd still like the horizon indicated on the video feed, but the radar view might do the job.
2022-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules