New offline maps
1907 8 2022-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hartsideman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 498855 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone please tell me how to select say the whole of the UK ... All I get is a small rectangle that covers about half a city of a few square miles , granted I can move this around but I'm hoping to download more like a county or even whole of UK to my RC controller but it's pityfull the size I can select currently
2022-12-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The rectangle is pretty small and even worse north / south
2022-12-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-11 17:31
I believe it only downloads what is in the rectangle but you can download multiple rectangles. I would prefer to just draw my own custom box & download everything in the box.

No doubt a custom box would be much more useful than the rectangle provided.  

2022-12-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 12-11 19:23
The rectangle is pretty small and even worse north / south

I like Dirty Bird's idea of making it a customizable box.  Shouldn't be that hard for DJI to make happen.
2022-12-12
Use props
djiuser_wHy708CGkpRQ
lvl.1
United States

It seems like a useless feature as of now. It should work as Google maps offline map - you select the size, it shows you how much memory it needs and you either download it or not. Otherwise it's just useless gimmick.
2022-12-12
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Agree with people here, it is a gimmick. Just let me download the UK to my SD card, I have enough space and be done with this nonsense of a tiny rectangular area. If we are going to do something; let's do it right DJI...
2022-12-12
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_wHy708CGkpRQ Posted at 12-12 14:20
It seems like a useless feature as of now. It should work as Google maps offline map - you select the size, it shows you how much memory it needs and you either download it or not. Otherwise it's just useless gimmick.

Absolutely right!   
2022-12-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its actually worse than caching the maps, i agree with everyone else, its needs to be customisable
2022-12-13
Use props
Luggruff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147684 ft
Greece

Have to agree. My 64 GB memory card with 59 GB free space have space for over 15000 of those little squares. It makes no sense at all. Also I noticed that the actually saved offline part, is much much smaller than what the initial square shows. Seems like the put a junior developer intern to make this. Does not scream DJI quality at all.
2022-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules