3801 90 2022-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airflix.dk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8077667 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I have updated my Mavic 3 Cine and RC Pro to the latest firmware. I'm located in the EU.

But I don't get the prompt to apply for the certificate on the RC Pro when I go to About > "Check for Updates". It just responds that firmware it up to date.

Despite being updated, the option to apply for C1 does not show up on the RC Pro.
So how do I apply within the RC Pro?

dji.jpg
IMG_4332.jpeg
2022-12-12
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Is the RC connected to the drone and powered on?
2022-12-12
Use props
Airflix.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Niknik Posted at 12-12 03:42
Is the RC connected to the drone and powered on?

Yes of course. But I don't get the option to apply.
2022-12-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If I remember correctly, the RC app was always a bit behind the 'regular' app.
2022-12-12
Use props
Airflix.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Montfrooij Posted at 12-12 03:52
If I remember correctly, the RC app was always a bit behind the 'regular' app.

I understand DJI is really bad at software updates and reliability.
But I have heard of others who did manage to update via the RC Pro.
2022-12-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Airflix.dk Posted at 12-12 04:07
I understand DJI is really bad at software updates and reliability.
But I have heard of others who did manage to update via the RC Pro.

I'm not sure if they are bad at it, it is just that the embedded app of the RC is usually late compared to the regular apps.
But they have improved this drastically compared to their first 'all in one' remotes (with the crystal sky)
2022-12-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-12 04:22
I'm not sure if they are bad at it, it is just that the embedded app of the RC is usually late compared to the regular apps.
But they have improved this drastically compared to their first 'all in one' remotes (with the crystal sky)

He shouldn't be having this issue since he is using the RC PRO and not the RC (that came out with the Mini 3).  You can update the Fly App on the RC Pro just like you do on any mobile device.  Unlike the RC where you are stuck waiting on DJI's next RC FW update.
2022-12-12
Use props
Airflix.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

Montfrooij Posted at 12-12 04:22
But they have improved this drastically compared to their first 'all in one' remotes (with the crystal sky)

I would say it's pretty bad when the Waypoints settings are flawed and buggy, fx. I can't see the the POI icon on the map, but it's set because I can set the directions on the waypoint to the POI. That's a bug.
I can save and rename a waypoint mission, and when I come back it didn't remember the new name. That's another bug.

I can't apply for C1 on the RC Pro, while others can? A refresh didn't help. That is third bug.

So, I would say DJI are pretty bad at software updates.

2022-12-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Are you using Fly App V 1.9.0 on the RC Pro?  If not that might be the issue.  Just throwing it out there just in case.
2022-12-12
Use props
Airflix.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-12 04:37
Are you using Fly App V 1.9.0 on the RC Pro?  If not that might be the issue.  Just throwing it out there just in case.

Yes. Both aircraft and RC Pro are on the latest fw.
2022-12-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Airflix.dk Posted at 12-12 04:36
I would say it's pretty bad when the Waypoints settings are flawed and buggy, fx. I can't see the the POI icon on the map, but it's set because I can set the directions on the waypoint to the POI. That's a bug.
I can save and rename a waypoint mission, and when I come back it didn't remember the new name. That's another bug.

So far I never ran into one of them during the last 3 years.
I'm probably not the most in depth user out there, but so far I feel their update policy worked well for me.
And yes, I read about others having issues, so I must be lucky.
2022-12-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-12 04:35
He shouldn't be having this issue since he is using the RC PRO and not the RC (that came out with the Mini 3).  You can update the Fly App on the RC Pro just like you do on any mobile device.  Unlike the RC where you are stuck waiting on DJI's next RC FW update.

Yeah, that will be a factor.
2022-12-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you gone into Profile  > Service and Support > C1 Class Identification Label
2022-12-12
Use props
SeehawerB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Another important constraint will probably be having GPS fix on both RC PRO and M3. I understood you may only apply if you are in the EU, this implicates GPS fix for both RC and Drone.

Do you have a stable GPS fix on both devices? Tried it outdoors?
The time I got the popup I still had a different firmware on the RC PRO:

Screenshot_20221209-133638.jpg
2022-12-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Have you checked this thread?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556
2022-12-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Airflix.dk Posted at 12-12 04:38
Yes. Both aircraft and RC Pro are on the latest fw.

I saw that you had updated latest firmware but my inquiry was to ensure the Fly App had been updated to v1.9.0 as that is where they intro'd getting the C1 label.  

Anyway, hope you get it sorted out and have a great weekend.
2022-12-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-12 04:49
Yeah, that will be a factor.

Now that I have both the RC Pro and the RC I much prefer the RC Pro.  The biggest differences are the Pro has 1000 Nits vice 700 Nits, HDMI out vs no HDMI out on RC, you can load Apps and update Fly App so much faster and that is also not possible on the RC.  The RC Pro boots faster and updates firmware faster.  But then again you are paying for more the better controller and it is a bit heavier.  I use a lanyard so the extra weight is a non-starter for me.  
2022-12-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-12 13:21
Now that I have both the RC Pro and the RC I much prefer the RC Pro.  The biggest differences are the Pro has 1000 Nits vice 700 Nits, HDMI out vs no HDMI out on RC, you can load Apps and update Fly App so much faster and that is also not possible on the RC.  The RC Pro boots faster and updates firmware faster.  But then again you are paying for more the better controller and it is a bit heavier.  I use a lanyard so the extra weight is a non-starter for me.

Is it also heavier compared to a regular controller with a phone?
2022-12-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-12 23:39
Is it also heavier compared to a regular controller with a phone?

Not by much and it really depends on which mobile device you are using.  My Mini 2 doesn't get a lot of flying time because it takes longer to hook it all up and fly whereas with the Air 2S or Mini 3 Pro I can just turn both on and boot up and fly.  No wires to plug and unplug is nice.  

My youngest grandson doesn't have a smart phone so getting him a Mini 3 Pro with the screened RC was the only way to go.  He loves the Mini 3 Pro so it turned out to be a great birthday gift.
2022-12-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-13 04:23
Not by much and it really depends on which mobile device you are using.  My Mini 2 doesn't get a lot of flying time because it takes longer to hook it all up and fly whereas with the Air 2S or Mini 3 Pro I can just turn both on and boot up and fly.  No wires to plug and unplug is nice.  

My youngest grandson doesn't have a smart phone so getting him a Mini 3 Pro with the screened RC was the only way to go.  He loves the Mini 3 Pro so it turned out to be a great birthday gift.

That is true.
Every hurdle is one too many sometimes.
Still I find it pretty quick to get started.
Charging the batteries is more of a pain in the thing.
2022-12-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-13 04:49
That is true.
Every hurdle is one too many sometimes.
Still I find it pretty quick to get started.

True, it doesn't take long to hook up the Mini 2 but it is more of a convenience thing I guess to me to use RC or RC Pro and just get airborne.  Too bad they don't make the RC compatible with the Mini 2.  I bet the sales of RC would increase quite a bit.
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, Airflix.dk. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate you providing detailed information. Since everything is updated and you're currently in the EU, it is more likely to be a region identification problem. Please check if the Wireless Lan is okay (IP is in the EU) by going to Setting>System>Date&time>Use network-provided time zone (or Manually select the European regions). If the issue still persists, please provide us with a video of the operation. I can see that you have replied to this thread already but I'll be leaving this link in case you need more information: Europe: How to Get The C1 Label for Your Mavic 3 & Cine. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2022-12-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-13 05:21
True, it doesn't take long to hook up the Mini 2 but it is more of a convenience thing I guess to me to use RC or RC Pro and just get airborne.  Too bad they don't make the RC compatible with the Mini 2.  I bet the sales of RC would increase quite a bit.

Yeah, that would be nice.
Although I now will save for Mi3P
2022-12-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-13 06:02
Yeah, that would be nice.
Although I now will save for Mi3P

Or maybe Mini 4 Pro.  I'm wondering what the Air 3 will bring.  

I'm also interested in seeing what the Pocket 3 will offer.  
2022-12-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-13 11:40
Or maybe Mini 4 Pro.  I'm wondering what the Air 3 will bring.  

I'm also interested in seeing what the Pocket 3 will offer.

Yes, there are some interesting things in line.
2022-12-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-13 23:36
Yes, there are some interesting things in line.

I guess the Pocket 3 got preempted by the release of the stripped down Mini 3 and the Mavic 3 Classic.  The profit margin is probably higher for these 2 items over what the Pocket 3 would have been otherwise they would have released it in time for the Christmas buying season.
2022-12-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-14 04:44
I guess the Pocket 3 got preempted by the release of the stripped down Mini 3 and the Mavic 3 Classic.  The profit margin is probably higher for these 2 items over what the Pocket 3 would have been otherwise they would have released it in time for the Christmas buying season.

Maybe P3 is not ready yet.
2022-12-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-14 04:44

I feel their pocket like is sort of 'ok' for now and demands are not that high so they will take their time.
But eventually one will come.
2022-12-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-14 05:18
Maybe P3 is not ready yet.

That's also a distinct possibility.  
2022-12-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-15 03:23
That's also a distinct possibility.

At least I'm curious about it.
2022-12-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-14 05:19
I feel their pocket like is sort of 'ok' for now and demands are not that high so they will take their time.
But eventually one will come.

When the P3 rumors started there seemed to be a lot of interest but since then it has died down considerably.  Personally, I can do with or without a new Pocket but I'd really like to see what improvements they can make over the Pocket 2.
2022-12-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-15 03:30
When the P3 rumors started there seemed to be a lot of interest but since then it has died down considerably.  Personally, I can do with or without a new Pocket but I'd really like to see what improvements they can make over the Pocket 2.

Yeah, there are improvements to be made, but they will probably lead to a (much) bigger device and also much more expensive probably. So I'm not sure if that will be worth it for me.
But time will tell.
2022-12-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-15 03:29
At least I'm curious about it.

Me also, but I'm not as excited about the P3 as I was the Mini 3 Pro.  
2022-12-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-15 04:11
Me also, but I'm not as excited about the P3 as I was the Mini 3 Pro.

Same here.
I can live with the P2 as is.
2022-12-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-15 03:32
Yeah, there are improvements to be made, but they will probably lead to a (much) bigger device and also much more expensive probably. So I'm not sure if that will be worth it for me.
But time will tell.

Based on comments I've read it seems that lots of current P2 users are wanting a bigger screen.  Personally I think the smaller screen and size of the P and P2 are perfect as in easy to carry and use.
2022-12-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-15 04:16
Based on comments I've read it seems that lots of current P2 users are wanting a bigger screen.  Personally I think the smaller screen and size of the P and P2 are perfect as in easy to carry and use.

I don't think they realize what makes the P2 so good.
I can put it in my pocket and almost don't notice it.
Yes, I would love more screen size, yes, I would love more controls, yes I would love a bigger sensor and better lens (zoom even).
But......
The thing is 'pocket'.
2022-12-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-15 04:14
Same here.
I can live with the P2 as is.

I bought a used P2 and also still have the original P1.  The P1 rarely gets used except for an occasional short video. Loaned P2 to middle grandson and  may not get it back as he seems to love it.  
2022-12-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-15 04:18
I don't think they realize what makes the P2 so good.
I can put it in my pocket and almost don't notice it.
Yes, I would love more screen size, yes, I would love more controls, yes I would love a bigger sensor and better lens (zoom even).

If they keep making it bigger and bigger then you might as well just buy the OA3.  

For what the Pocket series was designed to do I think it is close to be ideal.
2022-12-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-15 05:30
I bought a used P2 and also still have the original P1.  The P1 rarely gets used except for an occasional short video. Loaned P2 to middle grandson and  may not get it back as he seems to love it.

For me, the P2 gets much more usage than I anticipated, so it does something very well.
2022-12-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-15 05:34
If they keep making it bigger and bigger then you might as well just buy the OA3.  

For what the Pocket series was designed to do I think it is close to be ideal.

I totally agree.
But I don't want another device using my phone.
I'm even hoping to be getting a drone with the pro RC once.
2022-12-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules