628 9 2022-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_tXfql7tWsUI3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68970 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I did my first timelapse today on the OA3. I set it up using v1.8.8 of the Android Mimo app. The parameters were for a 5 hour limit, 10 seconds between shots. The app reports that will make a 1 minute video. However the app showed a message saying "Insufficient storage", even though it showed 02:30:07 available on the sdcard at the top of the screen (see screenshot below). Luckily I could just click "Next" and it all worked ok. But seems like there's a bug in the Mimo app.

Screenshot_20221212-173221.png

As an aside can I put in a feature request to be able to choose a custom length for the timelapse as well as the predefined ones?

Many thanks,
Darren

2022-12-12
Use props
lutzmix
lvl.4
Germany

same here
it is a bug in the mimo app
2022-12-12
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

Personally, I don't see a need for having a custom length for timelapse in addition to the predefined values. For a custom length, just set it to infinity, set a timer on your favorite device, and when it rings, just stop the recording.
2022-12-12
Use props
djiuser_tXfql7tWsUI3
lvl.2
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 12-12 14:42
Personally, I don't see a need for having a custom length for timelapse in addition to the predefined values. For a custom length, just set it to infinity, set a timer on your favorite device, and when it rings, just stop the recording.

> Personally, I don't see a need for having a custom length for timelapse in addition to the predefined values. For a custom length, just set it to infinity, set a timer on your favorite device, and when it rings, just stop the recording.

Sure, but given that DJI have added some arbitrary lengths already why not give us the ability to choose the length that we want (as well as keep infinity of course)?
2022-12-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Darren. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. About your feature request, we will have it forwarded to our related team for attention. And concerning the error encountered, we need to collect some information to isolate the issue.  May we ask for the SD card model used on your action camera? If possible, kindly try to format the SD, but remember back up the important files before doing so. Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Mimo app to see if the same issue appears? If not, kindly do so. Please note that we need to check all variables possibly causing this behavior. Kindly keep us updated. Thanks for your cooperation.
2022-12-13
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

same here it is a bug in the mimo app
2022-12-14
Use props
djiuser_tXfql7tWsUI3
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-13 20:39
Hi, Darren. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. About your feature request, we will have it forwarded to our related team for attention. And concerning the error encountered, we need to collect some information to isolate the issue.  May we ask for the SD card model used on your action camera? If possible, kindly try to format the SD, but remember back up the important files before doing so. Also, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Mimo app to see if the same issue appears? If not, kindly do so. Please note that we need to check all variables possibly causing this behavior. Kindly keep us updated. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi Tony,

I've uninstalled 1.8.8 and installed 1.8.4 and still get the same error. Upgrading back to 1.8.8 still gives the same error. My card shows 2:42:43 free. Selecting 3h duration at any interval shows the "Insufficient storage" error. A 2h duration at any interval doesn't show the "Insufficient storage" error.  If I change the resolution down from 4K to 2.7K the free time on the card shows as 04:31:12. With that a 3h duration works but a 5h one doesn't. When I switch to 1080p my card is shown as 06:46:52 free and then the 5h duration works.

My guess is the app is simply looking at the duration and not taking into account the interval and comparing that with the amount left on the card. It should be looking at the total time the final video would be (eg. a 5h duration at 10s would make a 1 minute video) to see if it fits.

For completeness my sdcard is a 128GB SanDisk Extreme (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FCMKK5X/)  I backed it up and formatted it on the camera. It shows 2:50:18 free (at 4k resolution selected) and I get the same issue.

Cheers,
Darren
2022-12-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_tXfql7tWsUI3 Posted at 12-15 14:47
Hi Tony,

I've uninstalled 1.8.8 and installed 1.8.4 and still get the same error. Upgrading back to 1.8.8 still gives the same error. My card shows 2:42:43 free. Selecting 3h duration at any interval shows the "Insufficient storage" error. A 2h duration at any interval doesn't show the "Insufficient storage" error.  If I change the resolution down from 4K to 2.7K the free time on the card shows as 04:31:12. With that a 3h duration works but a 5h one doesn't. When I switch to 1080p my card is shown as 06:46:52 free and then the 5h duration works.

Thank you for your response, Darren. We have forwarded your concern to our related team and it has been confirmed to be normal behavior. Additionally, in cases where the resolution is the same, please note that the frame rate change will not change the code stream change, so the resolution will not change, and the recording time will not change. The lower the resolution, the smaller space it takes. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Keep safe.
2022-12-16
Use props
naked_techie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-16 03:25
Thank you for your response, Darren. We have forwarded your concern to our related team and it has been confirmed to be normal behavior. Additionally, in cases where the resolution is the same, please note that the frame rate change will not change the code stream change, so the resolution will not change, and the recording time will not change. The lower the resolution, the smaller space it takes. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Keep safe.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I think it's the wrong behaviour though. If I set a 5 hour duration with a 10 second interval the final video will be 1800 frames. At 30 fps that makes a 1 minute video. This is shown on the app at the top of the screen in the Mimo app (05:00:00>00:01:00). So when the app reports over 2 hours of recording space available on the sdcard popping up an "Insufficient storage" message for a 1 minute video is clearly not correct.

Cheers,
Darren
2022-12-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

naked_techie Posted at 12-16 03:59
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I think it's the wrong behaviour though. If I set a 5 hour duration with a 10 second interval the final video will be 1800 frames. At 30 fps that makes a 1 minute video. This is shown on the app at the top of the screen in the Mimo app (05:00:00>00:01:00). So when the app reports over 2 hours of recording space available on the sdcard popping up an "Insufficient storage" message for a 1 minute video is clearly not correct.

We understand your input, Darren. We will forward your feedback to our related team, and hopefully, this will be evaluated and will optimize the App functions. We appreciate your kind understanding. Have a nice day.
2022-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules