Phantom Vision Plus wont work with Android 4.4.2
4145 10 2014-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dave
New

United States

Any Ideas.

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro to use with my Phantom. However, the place I bought the Phantom said it wont work with Andriods newest version 4.4.2.

Will DJI do an update to fix this or should I return the Tablet????
2014-12-4
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

I read about that and its Dji who will need to fix the issue  so dont hold your breath might be better to send it back and buy a s/hand tablet  for now .
2014-12-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro is not listed as a supported device in the manual.
Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2 and Note 3 are supported.
Looks like you will have to wait for a new version of the app, or swap it for one of the supported devices.
2014-12-4
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ideally Android wouldn't have pushed an update that breaks existing applications but they did this time and it's breaking a fair number of existing apps.  Right now the number of devices running 4.4.2 is minimal but within a short time that will change and as other vendors will need to update their apps so will DJI be expected to do the same.

I agree that it might not be soon enough for your device but I also wouldn't expect it to be too long, your just a bit ahead of the adoption curve.

Note: I have heard of some people working just fine and I've read at least one place where the issue isn't the Android OS but more that Android removed the ability to turn off the setting in WIFI that ignores WIFI connections that cannot connect to the internal (which, the Phantom can't do).  I don't have a 4.4 device so I cannot comment directly, that is just what I've read.  If that is the case then there isn't going to be much DJI can do since the Android OS if the one deciding to allow (or not) the WIFI connection to be maintained.
2014-12-4
Use props
mark_turner6920
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1129 ft
United Kingdom

I use my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet occasionally with the v+, after months of no updates I Googled updates for it and saw there was an update but had to be done manually, I did it with the instructions from the website and now have a tablet running on 4.4.2 and now have the dji app installed too. All works okay up to now.
2014-12-4
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

dave Yes it does.  On the Google Playstore you will see that it tells you to go to a website to download.
See this thread :- http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... android&lang=en
2014-12-5
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I would return it, i returned my nexus 7 after android update 5.0 lollipop as the wifi didnt work properley anymore.
I now have a ASUS MEMO Pad7, works perfect, and will NOT be doing any updates.
2014-12-5
Use props
johnkilcline
lvl.3

Portugal

I have updated my Nexus 7 (2013) from 4.4.2 to 5.0 and it works fine!

2014-12-5
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.2

Germany

johnkilcline@gm Posted at 2014-12-5 18:37
I have updated my Nexus 7 (2013) from 4.4.2 to 5.0 and it works fine!

I'm using my PV2+ v3 with Asus 700 and 701 tablets (Android 4.4.2) and it works very well. The only thing is when I'm near at my wlan-router it's tries to make a connection to it, but after reconnection to my Phantom it works again. BTW: On my Archos80 G9 (Android 4.0.4) it works too, but I don't use it for the Phantom because it's too slow to handle the video.
2014-12-5
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Tesco Hudl & Hudl 2 are brilliant - real time footage.
2014-12-5
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.3
Flight distance : 865177 ft
South Korea

Galaxy Tab is too old..... It can;t support Vision app..
2014-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules