DJI GO: Aircraft requires upgrade? v1.3.20
4385 14 2015-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
basherdesigns
New

United States

Hello,
I've upgraded my firmware on my aircraft, RC & batteries. All the .txt log files report "success".  But when opening up DJI GO app, it reports "Aircraft requires upgrade."

Am I missing something or is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Basher
2015-8-15
Use props
sjammyers
New

United States

Please take my answer for what it is.  To be honest, I am a total NOOB to quadcopters, and the P3P is my very first.  I only had it three weeks, and two of those were spent at a repair facility after hitting a tree (because I was stupid).  I have no idea whether what I am saying makes any sense, but after 30+ years as a computer geek, I read things a little differently than normal people.  By that I am referring to the term "Smart Battery".  To me, that means there is probably firmware (smarts) in the battery as well as in the QC.

I successfully performed the upgrade to v1.3.20, but when I put in a different battery, the upgrade message displayed again.  Anyway, I went through the upgrade process with all three batteries and the upgrade message doesn't display whan starting anymore.  I did one battery twice and got the message that the firmware was already at the level of the file on the Micro SD.  Anyway, give it a try, I'm pretty sure you can't hurt anything.
2015-8-15
Use props
sjammyers
New

United States

My apologies...I see you already said "batteries", thus proving I am a NOOB.
2015-8-15
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

I have same issue after 1.3.20. I get this info only once after update. Since then, I have not get it.
2015-8-15
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

try shutting everything down, make sure you kill the app on your device, if android go clear the app cache in settings. then shut everything down.
then start RC, then start app and sign in your profile, then start P3
2015-8-15
Use props
samrob52
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Same problem here.
2015-8-19
Use props
ArmoredRevenge
lvl.1

Canada

Same issue here, Doesn't appear to be compromising operation
2015-8-19
Use props
brossern
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73314 ft
Norway

Same problem here and at  the same time I got problem with the connection to the RC
2015-8-21
Use props
brossern
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73314 ft
Norway

RE: DJI GO: Aircraft requires upgrade? v1.3.20

Same problem here and at  the same time I got problem with the connection to the RC
2015-8-21
Use props
will.sentinelit
New

Australia

Same issue here too (iOS and Android). No issues with flight however.

I cut my flight short so I'd have 60% battery remaining, and came home to download the new update, and there's nothing new to download....
2015-8-27
Use props
manuelnegronpr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10933205 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem here. Try to re-install DJI GO, this resolved the issue to me.
2015-8-27
Use props
CameraLensRent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have 8 Phantom 3's and would get the message after updating bird, batteries, etc.  After some trial and error, I do not get it when I do this.
1. Turn on Ipad/Android and fire up the App.
2. Turn on Controller
3. Turn on Phantom 3.
When doing it in that sequence, I never get the message. When doing it in any other order, I will get the message.
2015-9-2
Use props
rolyf
lvl.1

United States

CameraLensRent Posted at 2015-9-2 11:31
I have 8 Phantom 3's and would get the message after updating bird, batteries, etc.  After some tria ...

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but I have always booted by your sequence and have also never had any issues. [Other than finding out I have to update each battery separately!]
2015-9-2
Use props
lvl.4

United States

I had the error too.  I did an IMU calibration, gimbal calibration and calibrated the compass.  All gone.
2015-9-2
Use props
tmmatherne
New

United States

CameraLensRent Posted at 2015-9-2 10:31
I have 8 Phantom 3's and would get the message after updating bird, batteries, etc.  After some tria ...

Thanks!  It worked for me.
2015-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules