How to export Waypoints?
5979 30 2022-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gorlicky
lvl.1

Poland

Hi,

I have a question to DJI team. How can I export waypoints from one device to another one. I'm using tablet with large screen and high resolution "satellite" google maps to plan waypoints and I would like to export it to my RC Pro Controller. I have found that wayponts are saved on device in Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\waypoint. I've tried to copy it to my RC Pro but it doesn't work - device doesn't see it. Any idea how to do it?

2022-12-13
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good question.
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, gorlicky. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, there's no option to export the waypoint missions from the DJI Fly as of this writing. I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward this information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding.
2022-12-13
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-13 05:05
Hello, gorlicky. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, there's no option to export the waypoint missions from the DJI Fly as of this writing. I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward this information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding.

... a backup would also be very useful if the data is lost from the RC, or when the storage medium is formatted or during a factory reset...
2022-12-14
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

waypoints are a kmz file.  i don't know if you can save the directory, an keep them that way.  but a better question.  does anyone know how to delete the mission once you make them.  not the actual waypoint, the whole mission.  theres no option to delete it...
2022-12-14
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

... see below.
2022-12-14
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-14 12:19
waypoints are a kmz file.  i don't know if you can save the directory, an keep them that way.  but a better question.  does anyone know how to delete the mission once you make them.  not the actual waypoint, the whole mission.  theres no option to delete it...

"Touch" the mission to delete and slide your finger to the left.  
Then a red trash can appears on the far right...
2022-12-14
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

It would be very handy to not only have the option to export them to a file but also import, obviously.
Another reason I would like to see this feature in the future is because I have a tool called Mission Planner to Litchi Surveys which allows you to create a mapping mission in Mission Planner and then convert it into a Litchi mission to execute it on a DJI drone, but the Mavic 3 doesn't support Litchi as of now, and Waypoints in DJI Fly are even a better solution, but mapping is not possible without 3rd party apps as of now because it is impossible to import waypoint files into DJI Fly, if DJI adds this feature, I would add a feature to my converter to also be able to export Mission Planner .waypoint mission file straight to DJI Fly mission file format.
2022-12-15
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 12-14 23:03
"Touch" the mission to delete and slide your finger to the left.  
Then a red trash can appears on the far right...

thank you.  i thought i tried everything.  rofl.  
2022-12-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

frankymusik Posted at 12-14 08:05
... a backup would also be very useful if the data is lost from the RC, or when the storage medium is formatted or during a factory reset...

Hi, frankymusik. We appreciate your insight! Rest assured that this suggestion has been forwarded to our relevant team. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-12-17
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may try this. On the new RC goto waypoints and create and save new mission, repeat this up to the count of the missions you want to import from the old RC. Then you need to rename all your old missions to have the names that the new RC generated for it's new missions. Then delete the new missions from the new RC and copy paste the old but with new names missions and it should work.
2023-1-9
Use props
JBCM Media Production
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Info in this video will help how to load missions to the pro controller. Not exact, but you can figure out from here:

2023-2-17
Use props
joelschat
lvl.1

Canada

I am low key terrified to leave my RC Pro in a car unattended, or even in my house for that matter! I basically take it everywhere with me as I am scared of losing all of my waypoint flights.
+1 for being able to export them as losing all of the waypoint flight paths would be devastating! Even just a way to back them up and then put them onto a new RC Pro for the worst case scenario would be amazing.
2023-3-9
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's been 3 months, any news on a SAVE feature? DJI RC user here
2023-3-13
Use props
gorilladrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5592011 ft
United Kingdom

Any news on this?
T'his is literally stopping an upgrade from the Mavic 3 to Mavic 3 Pro now.
2023-5-19
Use props
Killboydotcom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 346883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Still waiting DJI.  Waypoint backup should be a serious priority here.  What's the point of having a repeatable flight path feature if you could just lose it any time a remote fails, or gets damaged, or gets lost.
2023-6-10
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Killboydotcom Posted at 6-10 20:08
Still waiting DJI.  Waypoint backup should be a serious priority here.  What's the point of having a repeatable flight path feature if you could just lose it any time a remote fails, or gets damaged, or gets lost.

2023-6-10
Use props
David the Drone
lvl.1

United States

DJI also weighing in here, that having a way to export and import waypoints is a must have feature. I can export the files off the DJI Fly app when I use my phone with the base level RC, but I can't export them off the more expensive RC Pro to save them in case I lose my RC? Come on this is common sense.
2023-7-25
Use props
JoeyChm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1482448 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-12-13 05:05

Please please please. This is a necessity

Thank you.
2023-11-20
Use props
7CVjSacK3YdS
lvl.2
United States

Did this ever get resolved? We need to be able to export and import.
2023-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JoeyChm Posted at 11-20 05:08
Please please please. This is a necessity

Thank you.

Thank you for additional input on this matter. Please stay assured that we've forwarded this idea to our relvant team.
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

7CVjSacK3YdS Posted at 11-22 09:53
Did this ever get resolved? We need to be able to export and import.

We regret to inform you that this function is still not available at the moment. Rest assured user will be notified if there will be changes. We hope for your understanding.
2023-11-23
Use props
djiuser_eQBM9LNLhIJa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37464 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2022-12-13 05:05

This should be priority for DJI,  simple way to copy and transfer Waypoints on SD card.  Geez.
I have upgraded to Pro Rc , I have client Way point on the RC 2 controller I cant move then to the ProRC unit.  Absolutely unacceptable support.
1-16 17:28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_eQBM9LNLhIJa Posted at 1-16 17:28
This should be priority for DJI,  simple way to copy and transfer Waypoints on SD card.  Geez.
I have upgraded to Pro Rc , I have client Way point on the RC 2 controller I cant move then to the ProRC unit.  Absolutely unacceptable support.

Hello, there. We truly apologize to hear about the inconvenience. Rest assured that we will continuously communicate with our relevant team regarding this limitation with the feature.
1-18 03:13
Use props
GuiG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 780548 ft
Netherlands

The RC is the central point of your drone operations. You keep it in your hand and control the aircraft. Not being able to back up is a real problem.

I have a mini 3 pro and am already on my 3rd rc and lost valuable hyper-lapse mission data. I could not export and import them into a Mavic 3 Pro with the same app. If I had a phone with the DJI fly app, it would be no problem.

How hard can it be to back up to the RC SD Card?

So I my opinion this should be priority one. I am afraid to lose my RC Pro because of all the customer-related waypoint missions that are on there that I cannot back.
1-28 05:31
Use props
panikos2020
lvl.1
Flight distance : 553871 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-11-23 00:23
We regret to inform you that this function is still not available at the moment. Rest assured user will be notified if there will be changes. We hope for your understanding.

I own a Mavic 3 classic with RC 2 and last summer someone stole my bag so i lost everything including my waypoints.
Sadly, i had to plan new waypoints from the start.

Now i want to upgrade to a Mavic 3 pro with RC Pro, but stil there is no way to transfer my waypoints.
This is so disappointing from dji!!!!
1-29 01:15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

panikos2020 Posted at 1-29 01:15
I own a Mavic 3 classic with RC 2 and last summer someone stole my bag so i lost everything including my waypoints.
Sadly, i had to plan new waypoints from the start.

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about the recent incident and disappointment. Please stay assured that we keep striving to meet our customer's demands and provide an even better product experience. Your input will be cascaded to our relevant team for attention.
2-1 02:43
Use props
Ulven
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1195394 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I would like to use the same waypoints from my Mavic 3 on my mini 4 pro and vs.
Hope for å sollution to sync to cloud :-)
2-9 04:14
Use props
ejmotta
lvl.1
Flight distance : 644249 ft
Brazil

this may be a solution, I did not tested it, but looks ok.
3-18 07:48
Use props
NYC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20169501 ft
United States

joelschat Posted at 2023-3-9 19:48
I am low key terrified to leave my RC Pro in a car unattended, or even in my house for that matter! I basically take it everywhere with me as I am scared of losing all of my waypoint flights.
+1 for being able to export them as losing all of the waypoint flight paths would be devastating! Even just a way to back them up and then put them onto a new RC Pro for the worst case scenario would be amazing.

That's equal parts hilarious and unfortunate. I haven't invested much time in way points yet but I'd do the same if I had. This needs to get fixed!
3-18 08:22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ulven Posted at 2-9 04:14
I would like to use the same waypoints from my Mavic 3 on my mini 4 pro and vs.
Hope for å sollution to sync to cloud :-)

Hi. We will take this as a suggestion and forward it to the relevant team for evaluation. We greatly appreciate your support. Have a nice day.
3-19 00:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules