Airtag to find the lost Avata?
841 9 2022-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
celltx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7399311 ft

Israel

I wonder if anybody tried to attach Airtag to Avata to make its search easier? It should work well even if Avata's battery slides out in an impact. In fact, one could attach yet another Airtag to the battery to find it separately.
a1.JPG

2022-12-13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

In terms of frequency, AirTag is not very powerful, this should not pose a problem although they are on the same frequencies, to be used with caution at the beginning.

2022-12-13
Use props
fansea07921b
New

United Kingdom

2023-5-6
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3432372 ft
United States

Airtags need to piggyback on bluetooth connections to work, so you (or others with phones) have to be pretty close for them to work properly. So a better-than-nothing solution, but certainly not without major limitations. Also consider getting a battery strap (check them out at originaldobo) to make sure you don't lose your battery in a crash.
2023-5-8
Use props
djiuser_9XPxXSMK9RLr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7230000 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an AirTag on my Avata. I can use DJI “find my drone” to get somewhat close to it and then track it with more precession using the airtag.
2023-5-8
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

air tag needs someone with an Apple device ate least 30 feet from it to be able to use Bluetooth , is not going to work in remote areas. You would need a GPS tracker, but will have a month fee...not worthy
2023-5-8
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

2wheeledphotog Posted at 5-8 08:47
Airtags need to piggyback on bluetooth connections to work, so you (or others with phones) have to be pretty close for them to work properly. So a better-than-nothing solution, but certainly not without major limitations. Also consider getting a battery strap (check them out at originaldobo) to make sure you don't lose your battery in a crash.

I can vouch for the - "Jock Strap" Battery clip I purchased on Etsy from Original Dobo for my Avata.

Best Design Ever - Totally Effective Solution - Excellent Quality Device - used many, many times.

I think it is the best battery clip for the Avata on the market.

The air tag is not going to help in the middle of no where - I thought about that early on. Not alot of attach options either except the top of the battery.
That being said it's chaep insurance and it is very light. But the Avata is heavy day one - and the extra 11G may not be welcome if your hauling a Go pro - etc.

would like to see more research as I can see you loosing the Avata in a field in tall grass and cars driving by on the highway - 100' away - helping yo find it.

It could happen......
2023-5-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nitro-Tom Posted at 5-9 13:00
I can vouch for the - "Jock Strap" Battery clip I purchased on Etsy from Original Dobo for my Avata.

Best Design Ever - Totally Effective Solution - Excellent Quality Device - used many, many times.

i have the jock strap but i have never used it; has it helped retain your battery in a crash?  did you lose your battery in previous crash?  im asking because you praise it alot so i'm wondering what i am missing.  i fly thru half a dozen batteries and it just too much a pain to use it repeatedly when i never crash (knock on wood).  not a big fan of the airtag either but we'll see....
2023-5-9
Use props
2wheeledphotog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3432372 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-9 15:16
i have the jock strap but i have never used it; has it helped retain your battery in a crash?  did you lose your battery in previous crash?  im asking because you praise it alot so i'm wondering what i am missing.  i fly thru half a dozen batteries and it just too much a pain to use it repeatedly when i never crash (knock on wood).  not a big fan of the airtag either but we'll see....

I have one, but I always forget to use it ...and I've definitely lost my battery in crashes where I didn't have it strapped in.
2023-5-10
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-9 15:16

Not that I crash a lot but I do....if your pushing it you bump into things......it happens.

I have crashed a lot of drones and ejected a lot of batteries in the past 6 or so years. none from my Avata due to the Jock strap IMHO.

The jock strap is awesome because it works and its easy as pie and yes - I bet it will hold in a serious frame cracking full speed crash - I just have never done that yet.....but the few bumps and bruses I have gotten I am sure my ESC will be beeping for whatever battery I have left, because it is one with the frame once that device is on. And it is easy to hit the power button - causes no inconvience at all which is another reason I like it. good value and good design if you ask me
2023-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules