flashing lights error
13391 24 2022-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rseg80
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11765 ft
United States

when I put power to my mini 2 the first two lights light sequencially like it's charging without even hitting the power button.  After a few seconds the right 2 lights next to the power button flash 3 times simultaneously.  Trying to figure out where the problem is so that I can replace the part.  These are not very hard to work on so I do not mind fixing it.  I checked the ribbon cables and they are all secure and completely pressed down.  Gimbal does not initialize so I was thinking it's a gimbal problem but it does not even connect to the remote or phone so I'm thinking it's a power issue.  The question is, is it the power distribution board or the main board.  If someone has some insight to this and not just send it in, please let me know.  Trying not to buy unneccessary parts to try to diagnose the issue.  Also it will not connect to the computer to connect to assistant.

Thanks
Rob
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the unpleasant experience. This kind of LED indicator may mean a Battery Communication error. Kindly ensure that the battery is properly inserted into the drone. To cross-test, please try to insert the battery into another aircraft if available, or use another battery on the same aircraft. Additionally, please be informed that self-repair is not recommended, and it will void the warranty. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Keep safe.
2022-12-13
Use props
Rseg80
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-13 21:10
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and we're sorry to read about the unpleasant experience. This kind of LED indicator may mean a Battery Communication error. Kindly ensure that the battery is properly inserted into the drone. To cross-test, please try to insert the battery into another aircraft if available, or use another battery on the same aircraft. Additionally, please be informed that self-repair is not recommended, and it will void the warranty. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Keep safe.

Hey Tony warranty is over on the drone.  Thank you for the reply, I used a working battery from another drone and it gave the same lights and didn’t connect or work.  I pulled and reinserted the battery multiple times too, and still no luck.  The battery plugs directly into the esc, do you think it is faulty?

Thanks
Rob
2022-12-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is most likely that all Tony is permitted to say is that the drone should be sent to a repairer.
Note that if the problem is a defective mainboard or the gimbal then changing either of those will mean that the 'new' combination will have to be re-paired ( = calibrated to each other ).
2022-12-14
Use props
Rseg80
lvl.2
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-14 02:46
It is most likely that all Tony is permitted to say is that the drone should be sent to a repairer.
Note that if the problem is a defective mainboard or the gimbal then changing either of those will mean that the 'new' combination will have to be re-paired ( = calibrated to each other ).

Thanks for the reply, I understand everything you said, I’m also aware of the Linux scripts that need to be run to repair gimbal and main board.  The problem is that DJI keeps their error codes secret.  I was reading this morning and seems course of action is best

1 clean and check pins 1 and 6 on esc
2 replace esc cable
3 replace esc

I found 1 other person with this issue after I posted this.  Seems 1 person had a cable issue that posted in the comments and another replaced the esc.  

Hopefully this might work

This was the insight I was hoping for here
2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rseg80 Posted at 12-14 02:04
Hey Tony warranty is over on the drone.  Thank you for the reply, I used a working battery from another drone and it gave the same lights and didn’t connect or work.  I pulled and reinserted the battery multiple times too, and still no luck.  The battery plugs directly into the esc, do you think it is faulty?

Thanks

Hi, Rseg80. Thanks for your response, and you are welcome. We highly recommend wiping the metal contact pins on the aircraft with isopropyl alcohol (concentration > 75%). We understand that sending the drone for repair is not ideal for you. However, if the issue remains, we strongly suggest that you send it for a proper diagnosis and repair. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
2022-12-14
Use props
Rseg80
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-14 22:32
Hi, Rseg80. Thanks for your response, and you are welcome. We highly recommend wiping the metal contact pins on the aircraft with isopropyl alcohol (concentration > 75%). We understand that sending the drone for repair is not ideal for you. However, if the issue remains, we strongly suggest that you send it for a proper diagnosis and repair. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Here is an update on the issue.  I bought this mini 2 used so that being said, there was not full disclosure I guess.  When I opened it I didn't even realize the white dji stickers where red, as I was replacing the esc I noticed the motherboard and esc sticker were red... I guess this drone took a bath.  Either way I replaced the esc and got the same blinking lights.  

I decided to clean the contacts on the main board where the power ribbon connects and now I am getting a new error code and I was hoping you could tell me what these flashing lights mean.  

When I plug the battery in the first three lights light sequentially like it is charging and then it switches to a very slow first light ...then second light... then third light.  About 1 flash per second.  

I was hoping you could give me insight on what these lights mean.  I'm reassessing my situation and I am starting to think the main board is not good, but maybe there is an easier fix.  

Thanks
Rob
2022-12-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rseg80 Posted at 12-17 19:58
Here is an update on the issue.  I bought this mini 2 used so that being said, there was not full disclosure I guess.  When I opened it I didn't even realize the white dji stickers where red, as I was replacing the esc I noticed the motherboard and esc sticker were red... I guess this drone took a bath.  Either way I replaced the esc and got the same blinking lights.  

I decided to clean the contacts on the main board where the power ribbon connects and now I am getting a new error code and I was hoping you could tell me what these flashing lights mean.  

We're very sorry to read that the issue remains. Regretfully, there is no remote solution that we can further provide other than sending it back in. If you would consider sending it for repair, our designated team will be able to properly diagnose and repair the damages. Alternatively, we hope that you can get some recommendations here from your DJI Co-Pilots. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-18
Use props
Rseg80
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-18 22:00
We're very sorry to read that the issue remains. Regretfully, there is no remote solution that we can further provide other than sending it back in. If you would consider sending it for repair, our designated team will be able to properly diagnose and repair the damages. Alternatively, we hope that you can get some recommendations here from your DJI Co-Pilots. Thank you for your continued support.

So those 3 lights don’t mean anything? 1.. 2..3… about 1second per light.  Thanks
2022-12-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 12-18 22:00

Tony (the "expert") forgot to ask for a video showing the remaining LEDs that does not light up!
2022-12-19
Use props
Rseg80
lvl.2
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 12-19 05:43
Tony (the "expert") forgot to ask for a video showing the remaining LEDs that does not light up!

I’m suspecting that this is standard DJI waste your time jargon.  I think he just gave up.  It would be nice if they could at least tell you what the light codes mean.  Give a direction to what parts to test.  
2022-12-19
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Rseg80 Posted at 12-19 08:33
I’m suspecting that this is standard DJI waste your time jargon.  I think he just gave up.  It would be nice if they could at least tell you what the light codes mean.  Give a direction to what parts to test.

They are "administrators". Hence they have no clue whatsoever what a DJI Mini 2 is!
Their wet dream is to be Influencers so they can push their zero-knowledge to the people!
2022-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rseg80 Posted at 12-19 01:55
So those 3 lights don’t mean anything? 1.. 2..3… about 1second per light.  Thanks

Hi, Rseg80. We understand that you would like to check this further, and we'd like to help you with it. To further investigate, we'll need a sample video of the behavior of the LED lights to forward to our engineers for confirmation. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you.
2022-12-21
Use props
Rseg80
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-21 00:25
Hi, Rseg80. We understand that you would like to check this further, and we'd like to help you with it. To further investigate, we'll need a sample video of the behavior of the LED lights to forward to our engineers for confirmation. We will be waiting for your update. Thank you.

Here are the lights

https://youtube.com/shorts/v-Kzm8K4H8o?feature=share

2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rseg80 Posted at 12-21 02:02
Here are the lights

Thank you for sharing this. We have reported your concern to our related team for feedback. We'll update you the soonest time possible. Have a nice day.
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rseg80 Posted at 12-21 02:02
Here are the lights

Hi there. We just need to ask some follow-up questions regarding the issue with your DJI Mini 2. May we know if the battery charges when the official charger is used? We'll wait for your confirmation. Thank you.
2022-12-25
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 22:32
Hi there. We just need to ask some follow-up questions regarding the issue with your DJI Mini 2. May we know if the battery charges when the official charger is used? We'll wait for your confirmation. Thank you.

Incredible! You cannot find a solution even with a video! Thus you have to hide your incompetence by asking irrelevant questions!
2022-12-26
Use props
Rseg80
lvl.2
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 12-26 06:54
Incredible! You cannot find a solution even with a video! Thus you have to hide your incompetence by asking irrelevant questions!

Seriously, silly question.  I’ll comply though
2022-12-26
Use props
Rseg80
lvl.2
United States

I’ve tried different batteries.  I’ve tried that battery in different drones.  As soon as the battery is plugged in the lights start so it doesn’t matter if I plug it in or not.

I have tried with the original charger and the same result.

However, if I don’t use the battery with the original plug I get the old light sequence error
2022-12-26
Use props
Rseg80
lvl.2
United States

I’ve tried different batteries.  I’ve tried that battery in different drones.  As soon as the battery is plugged in the lights start so it doesn’t matter if I plug it in or not.

However, if I don’t use the battery with the original plug I get the old light sequence error
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Johnny_J Posted at 12-26 06:54

Hi, Johnny_J. During an investigation, all variables must be considered. Our DJI Engineers need the details posted above to further confirm the issue. We welcome and appreciate all suggestions and feedback that contribute to the progress of the said investigation. Hope you have a nice holiday.
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rseg80 Posted at 12-26 07:31

Thanks for the confirmation, Rob. We'll have this relayed right away. Happy holidays!
2022-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rseg80 Posted at 2022-12-26 07:31

Hi, Rseg80. We apologize for the late update. We just received an update from our related team. We regret to inform you, as initially suggested, our related team has advised you to send the drone back for repair. We understand that this is not the answer you look forward to hearing, but there is no other remote fix for this kind of issue. We really hope that you would consider this recommendation so you can get to use the drone after. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-1-10
Use props
Rseg80
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-10 00:33
Hi, Rseg80. We apologize for the late update. We just received an update from our related team. We regret to inform you, as initially suggested, our related team has advised you to send the drone back for repair. We understand that this is not the answer you look forward to hearing, but there is no other remote fix for this kind of issue. We really hope that you would consider this recommendation so you can get to use the drone after. Thank you for your understanding and support.

So what you are saying is the lights have no meaning.  I just wanted direction.  So I didn’t have to waste money buying parts until I found the problem.  I’m guessing it’s the main board.  I’ll try a couple cables first.  I have an extra gimbal to try too but I’d have to swap the camera.  I was trying to avoid that.  I do have an extra main board but it’s in a working mini 2 and I didn’t want to take it back apart because I finished repairing that one and it’s up and flying.  Your tech support stinks btw.  I was just trying to get meaning from the lights so I could plan my attack.  I was never really interested in sending it back since the cost to repair is really high through DJI.  Thanks for nothing.
2023-1-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rseg80 Posted at 1-10 02:07
So what you are saying is the lights have no meaning.  I just wanted direction.  So I didn’t have to waste money buying parts until I found the problem.  I’m guessing it’s the main board.  I’ll try a couple cables first.  I have an extra gimbal to try too but I’d have to swap the camera.  I was trying to avoid that.  I do have an extra main board but it’s in a working mini 2 and I didn’t want to take it back apart because I finished repairing that one and it’s up and flying.  Your tech support stinks btw.  I was just trying to get meaning from the lights so I could plan my attack.  I was never really interested in sending it back since the cost to repair is really high through DJI.  Thanks for nothing.

We completely understand where you're coming from, and we're sorry that only a repair from DJI can fix this. We respect your decision. We can only hope that you would consider our solution. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules