3125 17 2022-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2c79705b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123976 ft
Australia

Hello friends,

I got the DJI mic 1 month ago and I do mostly weddings and I cant stress enough the headache of having problem in AUDIO that the DJI mic is giving me.

Few problems I notice so far:
  • Interference problem even not using LAVALIER
  • Jumpcuts on Tx Internal Recording

Anyone had the same issue?

Here is the link for the problems I had so far.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11gwrU9GPl7CAjXqcTkYUBLY5D8b0DeSR?usp=share_link

Cheers,

J
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if you are using wireless microphone? Please confirm that the maximum transmission range of the DJI MIC without any interference.
2022-12-13
Use props
jcruzi
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-13 23:04
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if you are using wireless microphone? Please confirm that the maximum transmission range of the DJI MIC without any interference.

If you opened the Google drive you can see its not even 50m and i get interferance
2022-12-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

jcruzi Posted at 12-13 23:47
If you opened the Google drive you can see its not even 50m and i get interferance

Thanks for your reply. We would also like to know the average maximum range when the interference is controlled to the least.
2022-12-14
Use props
jcruzi
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-14 01:13
Thanks for your reply. We would also like to know the average maximum range when the interference is controlled to the least.

So far... all my weddings have interferance, I honestly cant check everything until I get to edit them...
2022-12-14
Use props
jcruzi
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-14 01:13

Lets not forget the other problem Tx Internal Recording Jumpcuts
2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

jcruzi Posted at 12-14 01:36
Lets not forget the other problem Tx Internal Recording Jumpcuts

Hello, we let our engineers check your videos and problem:
We will put the solutions of your issues here separately:
The interference issue:
1. The DJI Mic transmitter adopts an advanced antenna design to achieve a communication range of 250 meters while having stronger anti-interference capacity. This may happen when the transmitter is used with a collar microphone with poor anti-interference capacity.
If this happens, we recommend that you keep the collar microphone away from the transmitter (the top left side of the DJI Mic transmitter) antenna or use a collar microphone with better anti-interference capacity to obtain better audio pickup effect.
2. The human body contains a lot of water and absorbs most RF energy. When there is one person between the DJI Mic transmitter and receiver, the wireless signal will be greatly attenuated, which will affect the audio transmission. During shooting, do not use the DJI Mic against the receiver to achieve the maximum range of signal transmission and ensure usage effect.
The jump cuts issue:
1. Check whether the DJI Mic’s firmware is the latest version.
2. Check whether the transmitter has been connected to an external microphone.
* If so, disconnect the external microphone for independent testing and determine the component which is malfunctioning .
3. After formatting the transmitter’s internal storage using the receiver, conduct an independent recording test.
* Before formatting, please back up the audio file in the transmitter’s internal storage.
4. Test another transmitter and see if the same issue occurs.
2022-12-14
Use props
jcruzi
lvl.1
Australia

1. I am using the mic clipped on without any 3rd party microphone/lapel.
2. I understand this but RODE Wireless GO doenst have this problem - as you can see my set up is less than 50meters away.

The jump cuts issue:
1. Its latest firmware
2. Nope not connected.
3. I will do this on my next wedding.

Defintely this is a BAD COPY and its not acceptable to give a consumer grade product with such flaws.
2022-12-14
Use props
barryo12321
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello all,

Did you get anywhere with this?

I've just done three separate recordings using both DJI mics without the receiver and the internal memory both mics have jumpcuts throughout.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!
2023-5-9
Use props
barryo12321
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Exact same thing happened to me. I'm recording directly into mics, not using receiver on camera.
2023-5-9
Use props
jcruzi
lvl.1
Australia

Sent it back to DJI they sent me a new mic so far so good!
2023-5-9
Use props
barryo12321
lvl.1

United Kingdom

jcruzi Posted at 5-9 07:14
Sent it back to DJI they sent me a new mic so far so good!

cool, thanks!
2023-5-10
Use props
fans48abce45
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4284826 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issue with my DJI mic, is that the only way to solve the problem is to replace my unit, instead of updating the firmware or any other action that I can do it myself?

dji mic.jpg

2023-5-10
Use props
barryo12321
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have done some trouble shooting. It would appear it happens once you've already got several hours of recording on the internal memory. This may only be me though - has anyone else in this thread found similar?

I did another recording having formatted the machines I haven't had the issue again. I'm still going to swap my mics though.

DJI shouldn't be suggesting you can get as many hours recorded as they are.
2023-5-18
Use props
fansd8781149
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31145 ft
  • >>>
Russia

hey man. i had same issue  jumpcuts. i was very wonder and did'n understand what this. its unacceptable   
2023-7-14
Use props
Alex Fresneda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 172037 ft
Spain

Yo tambien he tenido problemas de no grabar toda la boda, solamente un archivo y cuando hace el corte por tamaño del archivo se corta y no graba, y lo último que me ha pasado es bastante grave, después de grabar una boda en Iglesia, apago la grabación meto todo en la caja y al llegar a casa para volcar la grabación sorpresa que ha desaparecido todo, ni siquiera existe la carpeta de todo lo que ya tenía grabado, y no me vale que si he formateado, estoy completamente seguro que apague como siempre y los metí en la caja. Es increíble, ahora quien me recupera la grabación?
2023-9-18
Use props
CasperHR1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have had this jump-cut issue and it's not good enough for such an expensive product. I have 2 sets of these mics, which have massive range and recording issues. I have now switched to the new Rode mics; they have no problems and a better build quality. It's a shame to have wasted £750 on these mics..... You would have thought DJI would have better quality control.
1-18 08:56
Use props
djiuser_dacair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91368 ft
Romania

Hello everybody, does the latest firmware (v02.00.72.87) solve the jumpcuts on Tx internal recordings?
2-14 02:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules