5287 10 2022-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A1axx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50312 ft
United Kingdom

Hey,

After purchasing the avata pro view and 4 o3 air units, I am thankful that some work has been done by DJI for MSP osd compatibility.

However, this so far only has limited compatibility with Betaflight 4.3 and no forward for betaflight after 4.3. There is also no compatibility for ardu pilot or inav, aside from interim workarounds.

For a premium pair of goggles / hd fpv system, DJI could do better here with full MSP-DP implementation, allowing fonts to be uploaded by the user to the goggles 2.

This way on going compatibility can be expected and satisfy customers that are paying a big premium.

Competitors such as Walksnail & HD zero have implemented MSP-DP correctly.

Thanks
2022-12-14
Use props
mosca
lvl.1

Norway

Yes, please!
2022-12-14
Use props
djiuser_2kKLR89T2BVy
lvl.1
Netherlands

I would like this too! The current OSD is very limited and I also can't move the elements all the way to the side so they are kind of stuck in the middle. It's currently pretty disappointing for such expensive Goggles and Air Units.
2022-12-14
Use props
sleepchampion
lvl.1

United States

+1, Agreed on all points.

US customer here. MSP-DP and future BF support are critical features. Please continue to develop them and seek feedback from community members.
2022-12-14
Use props
djiuser_1QFPewjS8LtP
New

Australia

The solution is not difficult to implement, and would mean current AND future compatibility for ALL systems that support MSP-DisplayPort, AND doesn't alienate customers, AND increases DJI revenue.  Come on DJI!
2022-12-14
Use props
djiuser_MlLrzNfuTucG
lvl.1

Spain

Yeah please add support for native ardupilot and inav fonts
2022-12-14
Use props
djiuser_VM6tmFAaXTkB
lvl.2

United States

At this point I own two pairs of DJI Goggles v2, one pair of Goggles 2, about 35 Air Units, and now 9 O3s.

This functionality for support of HD OSD with Betaflight 4.4 and other flight control software is critical to get the most out of the sytem.

It makes no sense to have high resoluition, clean, clear and crisp video, only to have it cluttered up with giant fonts in the current OSD implementation. Whether or not fonts can be customizable, the key thing is full support for HD OSD standards now available in major flight control software
2022-12-14
Use props
fansfc0e4b8b
lvl.1

Canada

yes we need this, that would make a great product even better.
2022-12-14
Use props
f.wing
lvl.1

Germany

I'm on the edge to buy O3 air units. But I won't if MSP DP is not fully supported. I'm an INAV plane guy who needs a fully functional OSD.

Please DJI go ahead and listen to your customers. It's no big deal for you if you see what the WTF team did and maybe will do in the future.

tia
2022-12-16
Use props
MojoRisin
lvl.1

United States

Just putting my vote into this thread as well.  Please figure out a way to support additional font packs. A good portion of your customer base doesn't use Betaflight on all of their models. You'd think you may have picked up on that in the years since the original system was released. I'm more than disappointed this wasn't taken into account before this release, but I'm still holding on to the thinnest thread of hope that your team of developers are bright enough to sort this out.
2022-12-16
Use props
djiuser_CuLwkj8zjQNp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 253648 ft
United States

We need custom fonts
2023-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules