9486 81 2022-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13363842 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't help but think DJI went out of their way to intentionally limit the capabilities on the Mavic 3E. I purchased this drone with the idea it would be my all in one work horse UAV. I do mapping, 3D modeling, landscape/real estate photography & videography as well as film commercials for local businesses. Well for anything that needs a video shot, the M3E is just about useless. You have a whopping TWO modes to choose from to shoot a video with. 1080 and 4K, both of which 29.97 fps. Good luck putting that on a 24 fps timeline... Want slow motion..? Forget about that. Where's the spotlight/active track? I use that for so much of my photogrammetry workflow. Isn't that one of the fields this drone was supposed to be made for? I was excited about the Mavic's newer Quick Transfer feature.. until I bought one that didn't come with it. So far anyone who brings up these type of issues is told by DJI "If you want those features buy a Mavic 3". That is an incredibly money hungry reply to give your most loyal and experienced customer base, being the Enterprise level. I did just buy a Mavic 3 DJI, I just didn't realize it was missing litterally half of the features I had been excpecting. Mechanical shutters are what I have been waiting on the most, but in order to get that so much more was lost. It was all done on purpose is the worst part. Everything on the hardware level is there already. DJI would just rather sell someone two drones instead of making the perfect one. The way it's looking now, the Mavic 3's SDK will never be released so that's a deal breaker for me. Plus this brand new $1200 RC Pro Enterprise would be useless with it.

I've been a DJI fanboy since the Phantom 2's era. This obvious money grab buisness model DJI seems to be taking lately doesn't look good. This is what happens when one company controls an entire market. DJI needs stronger competition to give them a reality check. You still have time to correct this DJI, don't screw over your Enterprise level customers like this.

Many thanks,
           John
2022-12-14
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

EXACT SAME THOUGHTS.
I received my Mavic3E today, I have been a DJI customer since the phantom 3, following all the models, today I have a Matrice 300 with P1 and L1 in fleet, a Mini3PRO and this M3E, for which I sold the Mavic3CINE.
I thought the same thing too, to sell 3CINE and switch to enterprise and do more or less the same things. Today I'm thinking I need to buy a 3 classic to do the silly videos at the very least.
I look forward to firmware updates although I doubt it. Honestly this 3E at the moment, with some features still missing regarding the mapping in addition to all those for the classic shots, is more of a disappointment than anything else.
2022-12-14
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Panph Posted at 12-14 13:34
EXACT SAME THOUGHTS.
I received my Mavic3E today, I have been a DJI customer since the phantom 3, following all the models, today I have a Matrice 300 with P1 and L1 in fleet, a Mini3PRO and this M3E, for which I sold the Mavic3CINE.
I thought the same thing too, to sell 3CINE and switch to enterprise and do more or less the same things. Today I'm thinking I need to buy a 3 classic to do the silly videos at the very least.

May I know what brings you to do mapping with an M3E when you have a P1?
The Enterprise range is not focused on video production.  Lots of people get confused.  At DJI there are three ranges, the "consumer" which includes recreational drones equipped with sensors from the simplest to the most efficient for high quality video content.  Then there is the "Enterprise" range which is centered on topography, inspection, SAR... And finally the "Agras" range which includes products intended for agricultural/forestry operations.  
DJI could manufacture a drone that combines all these functions, the price would be affected, how many users need to consolidate everything on a drone?  DJI simply made a logical economic choice.
The M300 is a platform that meets all uses with its interchangeable payload capacity and open to third parties.  His problem is his weight, and that may be the answer to my original question.
2022-12-14
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-14 13:55
The Enterprise range is not focused on video production.  Lots of people get confused.  At DJI there are three ranges, the "consumer" which includes recreational drones equipped with sensors from the simplest to the most efficient for high quality video content.  Then there is the "Enterprise" range which is centered on topography, inspection, SAR... And finally the "Agras" range which includes products intended for agricultural/forestry operations.  
DJI could manufacture a drone that combines all these functions, the price would be affected, how many users need to consolidate everything on a drone?  DJI simply made a logical economic choice.

Of course the weight is the answer. I bought the M3E because of Italian Regulation. P1 is an incredible camera for photogrammetry, but I can't use it everywhere.
I'm an engineer with surveying core business. But sometimes I need to shot videos for commercials or real estate. I sold my M3CINE because I haven't the rtk and mechanical shutter, but today when I had my hands on the M3e, I discovered the complete lack of video' settings. There's anything you can customize, just pick video and shot. No color profile, no fps, no quality. This platform can handle all this feature, but they decided to lock under "not your business, with this thing you can just map and inspect"!
I don't want DJI to create a Mavic3E with all the features of a Cine version, but here's less than basics.
2022-12-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The Enterprise range is not focused on video production.  Lots of people get confused.  At DJI there are three ranges, the "consumer" which includes recreational drones equipped with sensors from the simplest to the most efficient for high quality video content.  Then there is the "Enterprise" range which is centered on topography, inspection, SAR... And finally the "Agras" range which includes products intended for agricultural/forestry operations.  
DJI could manufacture a drone that combines all these functions, the price would be affected, how many users need to consolidate everything on a drone?  DJI simply made a logical economic choice.

Not a single bit of added R&D would have to be invested to fix the problems with the M3E. The fix was already there, DJI went out of their way to make sure these limitations and handicaps were set in stone. A simple firmware update could unleash the beast of a drone that the M3E is. DJI is more focused on restricting certain features that they deem as "not needed". How about you let us, the users, decide that. If someone with an M3E doesn't need a certain video/photo mode.. then they don't have to use it. DJI shouldn't be making the decision on whether or not I need a 24 fps video clip. The M30 has Active Track on steroids, yet my M3E doesn't even have a spotlight or subject lock ability. Or an AEB mode, no Orbit, can't track anything, plus many more. My Original Mini can do all of these things mentioned. There's no defending this obvious greedy business decision someone made. DJI used to focus on making an awesome drone. Now they focus on segmenting the market they helped make so great. YOU CAN STILL MAKE THIS RIGHT!      
2022-12-14
Use props
RMKHFD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25925 ft
United States

Most options the Mavic 3 has the Mavic 3 Enterprise should have had. They don’t want to add these features to the DJI Pilot 2 software. And I don’t agree with some responses here, if you have an enterprise drone you should have all the features to use it in a wide variety of work.
2022-12-17
Use props
RMKHFD
lvl.1
United States

Most options the Mavic 3 has the Mavic 3 Enterprise should have had. They don’t want to add these features to the DJI Pilot 2 software. And I don’t agree with some responses here, if you have an enterprise drone you should have all the features to use it in a wide variety of work. POI is a must have as well as QuickTransfer, the list can just go on and on!!!
2022-12-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

All the consumer level Mavic 3 owners that are angry about DJI not releasing their SDK keep being told "Our focus right now is with our Enterprise products". If that's so then why can't I even get an explanation on the issues me and many others have mentioned? Shoot, I can't even get a reply at all from anyone with DJI. If your focus is 100% on your Enterprise line then that's pathetic. You've had over a year since the Mavic 3 launch to improve and optimize it. Then the M3E launches and it's a step in the wrong direction. The fact that DJI ignores these concerns doesn't give me much hope on fixing things with future firmware either.
2022-12-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-17 08:23
All the consumer level Mavic 3 owners that are angry about DJI not releasing their SDK keep being told "Our focus right now is with our Enterprise products". If that's so then why can't I even get an explanation on the issues me and many others have mentioned? Shoot, I can't even get a reply at all from anyone with DJI. If your focus is 100% on your Enterprise line then that's pathetic. You've had over a year since the Mavic 3 launch to improve and optimize it. Then the M3E launches and it's a step in the wrong direction. The fact that DJI ignores these concerns doesn't give me much hope on fixing things with future firmware either.

Where did you read that DJI states that "Our focus right now is with our Enterprise products" ?
I've been using products from the Enterprise range for a few years, and I can tell you that the support is no better than that of the Consumer range.

Good luck
2022-12-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

It's not breaking news or some secret. There's plenty of times DJI Support has said this on forums. I'm not asking for some magical new feature from their devs. Just a few things already available on much cheaper drones. Or even better, just let us use the DJI Fly app with our M3E. That'll never happen and I'm well aware of that.
Screenshot_20221217-120630.png
2022-12-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Their exact words "prioritize feature support". So people asking about our missing features should be expected. So far nobody from DJI will even touch this topic.
Screenshot_20221217-123738~2.png
2022-12-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-17 10:44
Their exact words "prioritize feature support". So people asking about our missing features should be expected. So far nobody from DJI will even touch this topic.

"We are welcoming the developers to contribute your effort to our official sample"

Well here we are! All you have to do is download VS.
2022-12-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I bought this thing to fly, not to be a developer for. If a company with 14,000 employees and a yearly revenue of $4 billion expects customers to finish a product after launch... the price tag should reflect this attitude.   
2022-12-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-17 11:18
I bought this thing to fly, not to be a developer for. If a company with 14,000 employees and a yearly revenue of $4 billion expects customers to finish a product after launch... the price tag should reflect this attitude.

Yes but from another point of view DJI could make a unique product as you wish.  The price would be affected and therefore not accessible to everyone.
And from an even more general point of view, no one is forcing us to buy DJI products.  Even less has to buy them without inquiring and trying them before.

2022-12-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-17 11:41
Yes but from another point of view DJI could make a unique product as you wish.  The price would be affected and therefore not accessible to everyone.
And from an even more general point of view, no one is forcing us to buy DJI products.  Even less has to buy them without inquiring and trying them before.

I'm not asking for anything new or unique here. Just a few basic features that they have already offered for years. A copy and paste from the other Mavic 3's firmware is all it would take on their part. The M30 has Smart Tracking, so POI is defiantly possible on the Pilot 2 app. Is a 24 fps video mode asking for too much?  The consumer line just received waypoints. So why can't we receive similar updates?
2022-12-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-18 09:17
I'm not asking for anything new or unique here. Just a few basic features that they have already offered for years. A copy and paste from the other Mavic 3's firmware is all it would take on their part. The M30 has Smart Tracking, so POI is defiantly possible on the Pilot 2 app. Is a 24 fps video mode asking for too much?  The consumer line just received waypoints. So why can't we receive similar updates?

Same observation as on your other thread.  You don't have the slightest idea of ​​how to build a firmware, you think it's enough to copy paste.  In your case what would have been necessary is to copy paste the specs and read them before buying.
2022-12-18
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I use copy/paste as a figure of speech. My point is if they've developed a feature like active track for one Mavic 3 then they don't have to start from scratch to bring it to this M3E. I don't really need active track but a Spotlight mode would be very handy. Spec sheet wise, I did my research and assumed it had similar abilities as other drones that carry the same Mavic name. In regards to the RC Pro Enterprise, DJI's page reads "Will support more DJI aircraft in the future." So what's wrong with me asking for a little more clarity on this statement? I realize I have a very niche product that isn't near as popular as the consumer model Mavic. That's why I am trying to bring it to DJIs attention very clearly because there's relatively not many other people with this drone.
2022-12-18
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-18 10:29
Same observation as on your other thread.  You don't have the slightest idea of ​​how to build a firmware, you think it's enough to copy paste.  In your case what would have been necessary is to copy paste the specs and read them before buying.

They said Enterprise models are their priority in development. M3E are the flagship of Mavic series, it's hard to belive it haven't the BASIC options for pictures/video shooting. These basic options are available in the M3 Classic, which is 1/4 of the price.
Today I did another a flight, not for mapping but for photographic shots with the M3E. I sincerely regret having sold the M3CINE.
2022-12-19
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

I have just discovered to my great regret that the panorama function has also been impaired by the possibility of taking photographs in RAW. The result is that even the landscapes are really bad. The one created automatically is almost correct in terms of exposure but the alignment is anything but perfect, with several lines that don't coincide, while the photos are perhaps badly exposed and being only in jpg they are not recoverable.
Well done DJI, I've had the M3E for 3 days, and I'm less and less satisfied.
2022-12-19
Use props
RMKHFD
lvl.1
United States

Enterprise is definitely for video production, is video production not commercial when it’s for events, real estate videos, and way other uses? They are definitely handicapping these enterprise drones
2022-12-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

RMKHFD Posted at 12-19 09:41
Enterprise is definitely for video production, is video production not commercial when it’s for events, real estate videos, and way other uses? They are definitely handicapping these enterprise drones

It has no relation.
Audiovisual production: "Consumer range"
Surveying, Inspection, SAR: "Enterprise range"

It's as simple as that.

You just have to look on the websites of good resellers. They won't sell you an M3E to make video production.
Take for example this French site:
https://www.studiosport.fr/
The M3 Cine and Classic are in the "audiovisual" category. The M3E is in the "photogrammetry" category. The M3T is in "inspection and thermal". Things are clear.
To say that DJI handicaps the drone, yes why not, i agree, because on the specifications the camera seems to be the same, its true. But we must also take into account that PILOT2 is not dedicated to audiovisual production but to mapping --> "Enterprise range"

I understand your frustration, choose your resellers better, find out before you buy. That's all the community can do to help you. Otherwise write to DJI, go to Schenzen, I don't know, be inventive, but I remain convinced that you are wasting your time complaining on the forum. The most culprit in the story is you if you bought without informing you, or your retailer if he sold you a dream. And again, and finally, no one is forcing you to buy DJI drones.

Let's take this opportunity to salute the DJI engineers, yes the firmwares are not always at the top, but the evolution since the days of the NAZA has been dazzling and has made our daily life easier.
2022-12-19
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157133 ft
  • >>>
United States

I started a thread in the Mavic 3 section because I could not find the M3E section on the forums.  I actually fall somewhere in the middle.  Instead of just repeating myself I will paste my initial thoughts at the end of this post.  Like LV_Forestry said, the specs are very clear on DJI's sales site and to be surprised by the lack of the things like high frame rates or active track I find to be a bit silly.  I find it careless to spend that kind of money on something without knowing what it can do.  

On the other hand the extremes it seems they went to to strip features is what I have an issue with.  

Here's part of what I wrote:

-I can not adjust the white balance in photo which forces me to shoot raw so I can change it on the computer later.  This adds time and storage space to my workflow.  

-I can not adjust white balance in video which leaves me a nightmare to grade in post production.

-There is no histogram.  This is honestly completely mind boggling to me.  I was shooting a snow covered job site yesterday and anyone who knows about photography or videography knows a camera will underexpose a scene such as that making the image very dark.  Well you need to compensate for that.  1 stop, 2 stops? Who knows because there is no histogram!!  I sepnt 10 minutes in the menus because I simply could not believe there was no histogram.  Here I am charging a client $800 for some photos and videos of the site and I am left to guess on my exposure.  It is completely unacceptable and I simply can't work that way unfortunately.  Now I have a drone I paid $3700 for and I can't return it so I have to sell it and take a loss.  

I won't even mention the 10 or other things stripped from this professional drone that you'll find in the $400 toy drones they sell.  In 10 years this is the first time I have been completely dissatisfied with my DJI purchase.

Now these things I mention wouldn't even be listed on a spec sheet because they are inherent parts of any camera these days.  Not in my wildest dreams did I think the M3E would lack a histogram, the ability to adjust the white balance and Auto Exposure Bracketing.  To say I need to buy one drone to do photogrammetry and a second drone to take properly exposed photos of the same exact site is ridiculous.
2022-12-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Just like you, I have already been "disappointed" by DJI products, but it was entirely my fault because I was too stupid to decipher the specifications. Now I ask to try before I buy. And on this point DJI is very strong because most retailers have demonstration models.

2022-12-19
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-19 12:07
Just like you, I have already been "disappointed" by DJI products, but it was entirely my fault because I was too stupid to decipher the specifications. Now I ask to try before I buy. And on this point DJI is very strong because most retailers have demonstration models.

So what about us who need a photography/videography drone with an available SDK?  That and the mechanical shutter are the reasons I jumped towards this model Mavic 3. I'm glad to see other M3E owners share the same concerns as me. I just hope DJI is getting the message.
2022-12-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-19 12:41
So what about us who need a photography/videography drone with an available SDK?  That and the mechanical shutter are the reasons I jumped towards this model Mavic 3. I'm glad to see other M3E owners share the same concerns as me. I just hope DJI is getting the message.

And what about us who needs simple photography drone for mapping ? We are very happy not to have too sophisticated tool.  Something optimized for photogrammetry, RTK, PPK, quick to implement, no need to fuss with camera modes.  From my point of view DJI made the right choice.  But I also understand your point of view.

Good luck!
2022-12-19
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-19 13:03
And what about us who needs simple photography drone for mapping ? We are very happy not to have too sophisticated tool.  Something optimized for photogrammetry, RTK, PPK, quick to implement, no need to fuss with camera modes.  From my point of view DJI made the right choice.  But I also understand your point of view.

Good luck!

There's nothing sophisticated about manual white balance or choosing our own frame rate. If having the ability to shoot in RAW is too sophisticated for you then you don't need anything from the enterprise line. If your camera stays in auto mode every flight grab a mini 3.
2022-12-19
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-19 13:39
There's nothing sophisticated about manual white balance or choosing our own frame rate. If having the ability to shoot in RAW is too sophisticated for you then you don't need anything from the enterprise line. If your camera stays in auto mode every flight grab a mini 3.

The thing is for me, I would have no way of knowing that DJI would release a drone without custom white balance or a histogram.  These things are bare minimums for taking a photo and recording a video clip.  No amount of reading DJI's entire website would have filled me in on that omission.  That is basically why I started a thread about it, so maybe I could get the word out and help someone avoid an unfortunate purchase like the one I made.  And to combat the almost comical idea that camera settings are too sophisticated and could actually hinder someone's experience, DJI could simply include a separate menu or menu button that houses these "advanced" settings.  If you don't need them you never have to hit that button.  As we speak I am trying to figure out how to get the most money back out of this drone.  I'll just keep using my P4Ps.  I was looking to upgrade because they both have hundreds or even thousands of hours on them and I just waiting for one to drop out of the sky from motor failure..
2022-12-19
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Jiggyb21 Posted at 12-19 14:06
The thing is for me, I would have no way of knowing that DJI would release a drone without custom white balance or a histogram.  These things are bare minimums for taking a photo and recording a video clip.  No amount of reading DJI's entire website would have filled me in on that omission.  That is basically why I started a thread about it, so maybe I could get the word out and help someone avoid an unfortunate purchase like the one I made.  And to combat the almost comical idea that camera settings are too sophisticated and could actually hinder someone's experience, DJI could simply include a separate menu or menu button that houses these "advanced" settings.  If you don't need them you never have to hit that button.  As we speak I am trying to figure out how to get the most money back out of this drone.  I'll just keep using my P4Ps.  I was looking to upgrade because they both have hundreds or even thousands of hours on them and I just waiting for one to drop out of the sky from motor failure..

The reason I started this thread wasn't to prevent someone from buying this drone. It is just a firmware update away from being the best drone on the market. I started this in hopes that DJI will listen and let it reach it's full potential. Problem is, this is how DJI wants to keep this drone. So far the only person who agrees with DJI is here thanking them for taking away basic options and settings. Honestly it sounds like someone who buys an enterprise drone and wonders where the prop guards are when unboxed.
2022-12-19
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I'm not trying to call DJ Tony out here, I'm sure he is a super nice guy... But really DJI WHERE IS THIS TYPE OF ATTENTION FOR THIS COMMUNITY? Enterprise is what you claim is priority with development but we haven't heard a peep from you. I'm not bashing any admins here, they are in a tough spot and god bless them. This is just a slap in the face though.
2022-12-19
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

2022-12-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-19 13:39

What don't you understand? Why are you talking about mini 3 now ? You mix up everything comrade.
I'll give you the details because obviously you understand quickly but you have to explain for a long time.

Audiovisual production: "Consumer range" Mini 3, Mavic 3 Cine, Mavic 3 Classic... With possible camera settings, which I call sophisticated.
Surveying, Inspection, SAR: "Enterprise range" Mavic 3 E, 3T... You take it out of the box, it works for what it's intended to do and that's it. +RTK Probably an unimportant detail for you.

In fact, you're just frustrated working with consumer drones because the enterprise range designation is more stylish. Appearances in fact!
I assure you, in my heart you will always be a professional.
2022-12-19
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-19 22:13
What don't you understand? Why are you talking about mini 3 now ? You mix up everything comrade.
I'll give you the details because obviously you understand quickly but you have to explain for a long time.

LV, that's you that are wrong. For PROFESSIONALS taking "out of the box" what DJI wants to give you, are not professional. With this product DJI could make life easier for rookie, for experts is a mess.
Even in surveying or in an ispection if you take bad pictures with the "full auto mode" they give you, you can't complete your work.
Today i'm going to write directly to DJI asking for answers.

By the way, I found another big "bug"(?), the live view and the final pictures could have completely different exposure. As the other user said, i had a mission yesterday surveying a building with some snow on roof. On preview on the screen the image was clear and with good exposure. In studio, after have downloaded the pictures, the ones on the roof were so underexposed, useless for photogrammetric reconstruction.
You see, a lack of "personalization", or as you call "the sophisticated things" made me make me a big mistake, with the consequence i have to go back to the site, take pictures again overexposed and pray to have made a good work.
This wouldn't have happen with a mavic 3, not even with a Mini.
2022-12-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Panph Posted at 12-19 23:55
LV, that's you that are wrong. For PROFESSIONALS taking "out of the box" what DJI wants to give you, are not professional. With this product DJI could make life easier for rookie, for experts is a mess.
Even in surveying or in an ispection if you take bad pictures with the "full auto mode" they give you, you can't complete your work.
Today i'm going to write directly to DJI asking for answers.

Ok tomorrow I call my clients and tell them sorry everything has to be redone.

But of course not.  already I rarely receive requests for RGB orthophotos.  I don't know what photogrammetric reconstruction software you use, but Metashape doesn't matter if the image is aesthetic or not, what matters is its resolution and the quality of its positioning.

And anyway I mostly use a LiDAR+P1.  If I have to use a Mavic it is for reasons of airspace regulations.

keep thinking what you want, if I had to follow all the recommendations given to me by all the guys who have been doing photogrammetry for 5 minutes so call expert, I certainly wouldn't be there.

It's very good to write to DJI, finally an action that makes sense, I congratulate you comrade.

2022-12-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

https://www.ugcs.com/news-entry/ ... -by-sph-engineering

This may interest you.

After that I have no other solution for you. Sell your drones and take platforms more suited to your needs. Try before you buy!
2022-12-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-20 15:06
https://www.ugcs.com/news-entry/unlocking-the-full-potential-of-dji-mavic-3-enterprise-series-with-ugcs-by-sph-engineering

This may interest you.

Thank you for the suggestion but have you lost your mind? $838 USD for a one year license?? You really expect someone to pay close to $4000 for a drone and then have to pay almost another $1000 a year for a few extra capabilities? My guy, you are delusional if you think that's the best course of action for M3E owners. We're requesting the most basic of features found in every other lower tier DJI drone. I haven't seen a single person on this forum that shares the same opinion as you. DJI themselves won't even chime in on the matter. You're defending DJI and their moderators won't even back you up because they know how easy this could all be fixed.
2022-12-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-20 18:14
Thank you for the suggestion but have you lost your mind? $838 USD for a one year license?? You really expect someone to pay close to $4000 for a drone and then have to pay almost another $1000 a year for a few extra capabilities? My guy, you are delusional if you think that's the best course of action for M3E owners. We're requesting the most basic of features found in every other lower tier DJI drone. I haven't seen a single person on this forum that shares the same opinion as you. DJI themselves won't even chime in on the matter. You're defending DJI and their moderators won't even back you up because they know how easy this could all be fixed.

I think if you are going to make the spend on hardware, then why is the software not equally important?  
2022-12-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 12-20 19:40
I think if you are going to make the spend on hardware, then why is the software not equally important?

YES that's my whole point here. DJI made incredible hardware but that doesn't matter when their software side dropped the ball. Software is equally important and DJI knows this better than anyone.
2022-12-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-20 18:14
Thank you for the suggestion but have you lost your mind? $838 USD for a one year license?? You really expect someone to pay close to $4000 for a drone and then have to pay almost another $1000 a year for a few extra capabilities? My guy, you are delusional if you think that's the best course of action for M3E owners. We're requesting the most basic of features found in every other lower tier DJI drone. I haven't seen a single person on this forum that shares the same opinion as you. DJI themselves won't even chime in on the matter. You're defending DJI and their moderators won't even back you up because they know how easy this could all be fixed.

Your answer seems a little aggressive to me, but at least we have identified your problem.Can you read what is circled in red on the picture below ?
What lasts a year is the support and the update to the following versions. This update that I never had to do until I changed platform o2 to o3, well, this reminds me of another thread . And the support can be used during a year if is too bad to read the manual. Ah yes indeed I confess that for some it can be useful.

Do you really believe that no one else is invested in UGCS? See the turnover of this company. I assure you it is not me alone who generates it. Check out the number of thread that have been opened complaining that the SDK is not ready for the M3, these are all potential third party software buyers, UGCS* included.
In short, you also weren't able to see that there are 21 days of free trial, that you could have tried, that you could have told us what you thought about it, it's also a bit of a purpose of the forum. It's not just a place to come and vent the frustration felt after a poorly organized purchase.

UGCSlic.JPG

The problem is not DJI, the problem is between the chair and the keyboard. Stop looking, it's you.

If you think I'm an advocate for DJI and its moderators, then again you haven't read it correctly.  The moderators have already come to support my remarks by explaining to you that o2 and o3 in the same RC it does not work, for the moment. Again you haven't read. But you keep stubborn and think you're right. It's starting to do a lot.
You don't see anyone on the forum sharing my opinion, because no one else took the time to answer you, or because the "professional surveyor" community is vastly under-represented on the forum.

I have the impression that you have no commercial purpose with this drone. You're just a hobbyist who had $4000 to spend making 3D models on the internet. 3D model which are very beautiful I must admit.

I remind you that my goal is to help you find a solution, but each time, you find something to complain about. What are you expecting? Somebody tell you they're going to buy you an M3 Cine to complete your collection? There are plenty of guys like you on the forum. I'm ready to bet that the day the update will be done to be able to install FLY on your RC and use the features, you will disappear as you came. This is a user forum, not DJI's after-sales service. Go yell at someone else if you're not happy with the answers you get.

I won't bother to answer you anymore, I understand that you are not ready to read, analyze, and make rational decisions following these answers. I wish you good luck.

*I am in no way representing the company SHP enginnering / UGCS. Just a satisfied customer.
2022-12-20
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-20 22:30
Your answer seems a little aggressive to me, but at least we have identified your problem.Can you read what is circled in red on the picture below ?
What lasts a year is the support and the update to the following versions. This update that I never had to do until I changed platform o2 to o3, well, this reminds me of another thread . And the support can be used during a year if is too bad to read the manual. Ah yes indeed I confess that for some it can be useful.

[Image]
With your constant condescension it seems you can’t see that you are the only one here being aggressive. If you think your broken record approach of telling people they didn’t read the spec sheet is helping then I’m letting you know you it’s not.  Your emojis waving goodbye to people that came here for help are not working for the greater good either. I’d love to hear you explain to your client why your photos of their new multimillion dollar hospital build are all under exposed with the same condescending attitude. Oh right! That wouldn’t happen to you because you’re perfectly happy taking a second, consumer level drone on every flight just to grab the few photos that don’t fall into DJIs box of an Enterprise customer.

You can dig in your heels and keep repeating that you are “just trying to help” but your words do no back it up. You said that last reply would be your last and I hope you meant it. That would leave the rest of us here, unprovoked, to find some real solution.
2022-12-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Jiggyb21 Posted at 12-21 03:09
With your constant condescension it seems you can’t see that you are the only one here being aggressive. If you think your broken record approach of telling people they didn’t read the spec sheet is helping then I’m letting you know you it’s not.  Your emojis waving goodbye to people that came here for help are not working for the greater good either. I’d love to hear you explain to your client why your photos of their new multimillion dollar hospital build are all under exposed with the same condescending attitude. Oh right! That wouldn’t happen to you because you’re perfectly happy taking a second, consumer level drone on every flight just to grab the few photos that don’t fall into DJIs box of an Enterprise customer.

You can dig in your heels and keep repeating that you are “just trying to help” but your words do no back it up. You said that last reply would be your last and I hope you meant it. That would leave the rest of us here, unprovoked, to find some real solution.

I wrote that I will no longer answer him.  And besides, who are you, you came out of nowhere like that.  doctor specializing in condescension.  This is a public forum.  If you find that level of aggressiveness is unbearable, you signal me to the moderators I will take a "sanction", or else you take your beautiful sentences and you pull yourself out of here my friend
2022-12-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules