Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13440348 ft
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-21 05:19
I wrote that I will no longer answer him.  And besides, who are you, you came out of nowhere like that.  doctor specializing in condescension.  This is a public forum.  If you find that level of aggressiveness is unbearable, you signal me to the moderators I will take a "sanction", or else you take your beautiful sentences and you pull yourself out of here my friend

Dude when have you ever answered me? All you've done is try to blame this underdeveloped product on me. Acting like me not reading the spec sheet is the problem. We hear you, you want the most featureless auto settings only drone possible. You praise DJI for leaving out any chance of professionals wanting to use this drone. You're clearly the only person who feels this way but I'm sure you'll reply with the same "shoulda read the spec sheet" nonsense.  
2022-12-21
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157133 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am happy to say that I have been emailing with DJI for the last couple of weeks and have been told by the engineers that the SDK V2 will include white balance adjustment and a histogram. They said nothing about AEB. The time frame I was given was “very soon”. I see there was a firmware update in the middle of November and another middle of December so maybe middle of January?  

Maybe this gives some hope to the others who want to bridge the gap that exists between the M3E and the Mavic 3 but at least for me, these simple camera functions allow me to keep the aircraft and use it for my business.

I’ll be very happy to see an SDK update.
2022-12-26
Use props
RMKHFD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25925 ft
United States

At this point it is simple, DJI has HANDICAPPED the Enterprise series, for photos, mapping, thermal or whatever you wanna call it. Simple features the Mavic 3 has should be on this! You can say all you want it is not for video production but honestly the specifications say otherwise considering they are almost identical to the Mavic 3
2022-12-27
Use props
MattWMatt
lvl.1

Russia

Hi all.

I want to buy an M3E, but I'm also not satisfied with the lack of functions that are on the m3.

I need Active track.

Why should I buy two drones??

How can  get DJi to release all the M3E features that the M3 has?

The Mavic3e should get all the features just like it's an advanced version. Why force people to buy two drones? when everyone can include all the functions in one drone and make it a little more expensive.
2022-12-27
Use props
Jiggyb21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157133 ft
  • >>>
United States

So here I am just hours after saying I was excited for the SDK2 because all I really needed was white balance and a histogram. After reviewing my footage from my last flight I realize the POI (a new hosptial build) is just a bit too high in the frame and I need to adjust it...........ok...doesn't seem I can adjust the elevation of the POI so....... Let me just go in and change the gimbal pitch........oh I need to manually adjust it for 800!! waypoints.  This software is proving to be archaic.  I think I am still giving DJI the benefit of the doubt because I can't believe they would cripple the enterprise version of an already very capable drone this badly with just malice intent.  By the wording and tone of the emails it seemed more like the engineers were suprised someone would need a histogram for "enterprise" work.  The entire tone seemed like they didn't know the drone was lacking anything.  To me it reeks more of a debacle where an intern has been placed in charge of the "enterprise features" department or something.  Or the drone was released 2 months prematurely, I've seen that happen plenty of times in today's tech world.  Tech pushed out only to be brought up to date by firmware releases.  In which case we need to stay loud.  

Either way, I started out pretty in the middle on this argument and I can totally understand the segmentation of the market by DJI but as I hope DJI understands, the segmentation should be more like...

Consumer Drone A= $1500 and Enterprise Drone B= Drone A+MORE+SDK=$3800.  There is no need to strip a single thing from the consumer version.  

Currently, from a business standpoint, my Phantom 4 Pro is worth $2350/month and my Mavic 3 Enterprise is worth $0/month.  I litterally can't use it, it's in a box.  I can only hope the lack of response from support is because they know all this will be fixed in a firmware update very soon and that's why they aren't bothering to waste time replying to the growing discontent by their enterprise customers.

2022-12-27
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

I totally agree except for your last point. The lack of input from DJI Support on these forums gives me a bad feeling. If they knew all or some of the missing features were coming via firmware I feel like they would have commented SOMETHING. I feel like their silence is because they know what the company has done to their Enterprise customers and there's no excuse for it. Even on the DJI Enterprise YouTube channel their latest video on the M3E has a guy saying "deliverables include orbital videos". Well for one, the thing can't orbit and two, the video settings are so basic it's unusable. The Mini SE offers more flexibility than this "professional" M3E in the video department.

Over on the RC Pro thread I asked about the Enterprise RC Pro compatibility with other drones. DJI Support was very honest with me saying that they had no plans to make it compatible with others. I was told by them that it would be impossible since it runs on different software. So being the way that I am, I took that as a challenge. I modded my Enterprise RC and flashed the consumer RC firmware to it just to prove that it COULD be compatible. DJI isn't stupid. They would rather concentrate on locking us out of compatibly with other Mavic 3s. Because if they wanted to, they could make it all work together in a matter of a hours. I wish DJI would say SOMETHING to us. I'd take just a middle finger emoji from them at this point. Them ignoring us like this is basically the same thing.

220545vz4bipei04hyiebj.jpg
20221223_231350_HDR.jpg
20221223_231238_HDR.jpg
2022-12-27
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320043 ft
Croatia

I also think that it's stupid that pilot 2 app does not support smart flight modes. I'm doing mostly photogrammetry of buildings and tripod mode and poi is must have for that.

I was very disapointed when I bought M3E and realised that smart flight modes are not available.
2023-1-3
Use props
fans8bc9987f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68747 ft
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2022-12-19 22:13
What don't you understand? Why are you talking about mini 3 now ? You mix up everything comrade.
I'll give you the details because obviously you understand quickly but you have to explain for a long time.

So, which DJI drone is the correct drone to shoot a highly accurate, professional, high-resolution photogrammetric composite image for a high-end customer who wants a beautiful, perfectly exposed, wall-sized 10' X 8' 1:100 scale image of their resort with centimeter accuracy? It's not the Mavic Enterprise because of the crippled camera controls, and it's not a Mavic 3 because of the low-accuracy precision.

I was ready to pull the trigger on a Mavic 3E until I read here that the photography controls are not of professional quality.
2023-1-21
Use props
fans8bc9987f
lvl.2
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2022-12-19 10:44
It has no relation.
Audiovisual production: "Consumer range"
Surveying, Inspection, SAR: "Enterprise range"

So, which DJI drone, then, is the correct drone to buy for shooting with survey-grade accuracy a wall-sized 10' X 8' 1:100 scale composite perfectly exposed composite high-resolution photograph with perfect focus, and vibrant saturation for a very picky resort owner? It's not the Mavic 3 Enterprise with RTK because of the amateur-level camera controls, and it's not a consumer Mavic 3 because of the low-accuracy precision.

I was ready to pull the trigger on a Mavic 3E until I read here that the photography controls are not of professional quality. I'm not really a surveyor, I'm a professional photographer.
2023-1-21
Use props
Phil Light
lvl.2
United States

It has no relation.

So, which DJI drone, then, is the correct drone to buy for shooting with survey-grade accuracy a wall-sized 10' X 8' 1:100 scale composite perfectly exposed composite high-resolution photograph with perfect focus, and vibrant saturation for a very picky resort owner? It's not the Mavic 3 Enterprise with RTK because of the amateur-level camera controls, and it's not a consumer Mavic 3 because of the low-accuracy precision.

I was ready to pull the trigger on a Mavic 3E until I read here that the photography controls are not of professional quality. I assumed the camera controls on the professional, enterprise-level drone would be at least as good as the controls on an amateur consumer-level drone. I'm not really a surveyor, I'm a professional photographer. Image quality is king, but I don't want spacial distortion.
2023-1-21
Use props
Phil Light
lvl.2
United States

It has no relation.

I was ready to pull the trigger on a Mavic 3E until I read here that the photography controls are not of professional quality. I assumed the camera controls on the professional, enterprise-level drone would be at least as good as the controls on an amateur consumer-level drone. I'm not really a surveyor, I'm a professional photographer. Image quality is king, but I don't want spacial distortion.
2023-1-21
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

Phil Light Posted at 1-21 17:57

I was ready to pull the trigger on a Mavic 3E until I read here that the photography controls are not of professional quality. I assumed the camera controls on the professional, enterprise-level drone would be at least as good as the controls on an amateur consumer-level drone. I'm not really a surveyor, I'm a professional photographer. Image quality is king, but I don't want spacial distortion.

It looks like the Autel Evo Max 4T is the correct DJI drone to buy for your “everything” needs. It’s even flyable in the rain.

However, I ‘think’ the app for it needs work/help because many complained about the 640t app crashing a lot. Hopefully it’s all fixed, but the Max is also $9,000USD and is 3.5 pounds. So it’s a mini Matrice 30 vs a Mavic 3T alternative.

All of this is standard for DJI. Their products are great, but they are an absolute exercise in patience and disappointment. And there’s ALWAYS some boot licker on here that’ll defend them to the end despite their ignorance of reality… WELCOME TO THE DJI FORUMS!

Myself, I’m waiting for a couple of features to be opened up on the Mavic 3T before I drop $7k on it. But they are a couple of firmware updates from getting to that point.

Remember, always over-promise but under-deliver is their philosophy. That leaves room for the next product to stand out.
2023-1-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Phil Light Posted at 1-21 17:57

The best result I could obtain with DJI equipment in terms of image quality and precision was with an M300 equipped with the P1 camera and a 35mm lens.  

The Mavic 3E-T-M range is made for job quickly done well.  This provides quite reasonable and usable data for professional use, surveyor, SAR, inspection, agriculture...

Under no circumstances to do professional photography work.  It is very rare that I use RGB rasters in final data but rather Rasters in GeoTIFF format which contain data intended to be analyzed by software.  It's not made to be beautiful.

When I need "nice" images, I use a M2P. It is to embellish publications with images which do not exceed half of an A4 sheet.  Very far from a pro photographer.

Another advantage of the M300 is the third-party payload.  There are many manufacturers, you have to search a little on the internet.

2023-1-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 1-21 21:55
It looks like the Autel Evo Max 4T is the correct DJI drone to buy for your “everything” needs. It’s even flyable in the rain.

However, I ‘think’ the app for it needs work/help because many complained about the 640t app crashing a lot. Hopefully it’s all fixed, but the Max is also $9,000USD and is 3.5 pounds. So it’s a mini Matrice 30 vs a Mavic 3T alternative.

DJI products are notorious for having slightly overstated marketing promises.  Fortunately, retailers have demonstration equipment to get a clear idea of ​​the potential result that can be achieved.

Always ask for a demonstration or at least a sample of data captured with the equipment to be certain that it meets your needs.
This avoids ending up with equipment that costs a fortune, unused.  It also avoids guys who have skewed specs and end up here only for complaining.

There is no miracle.  We do not buy an SUV car hoping to do 4X4 with it.  And yet that is what the commercial promise wants us to believe.  It's the same with DJI products.

Autel is the ultimate answer for all frustrated DJI users.  Compare the specs, and data acquired...

The difference is not as obvious as some may claim.

There is a universal principle, the higher the level of requirement, the higher the bill.  Ask yourself the right questions before buying.
2023-1-22
Use props
Phil Light
lvl.2
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 1-22 00:05
The best result I could obtain with DJI equipment in terms of image quality and precision was with an M300 equipped with the P1 camera and a 35mm lens.  

The Mavic 3E-T-M range is made for job quickly done well.  This provides quite reasonable and usable data for professional use, surveyor, SAR, inspection, agriculture...

So, basically, DJI doesn't sell a drone that can make an accurate map with "nice" images, to use your terminology? I literally have a client who owns a marina who wants a beautiful, wall-sized aerial print of the property to hang in the rental office that can also be used for planning purposes and measuring whether something (a boat, a barge, or a dock segment, for instance) will fit in an area. The best I can offer using DJI products is either a very accurate map with a low-quality composite image or a beautifully exposed raster print that is unusable for measuring?

It seems irrational for DJI to disable features on the top-of-the-line model (M3E) that are already enabled and available in the cheaper model (M3).

2023-1-23
Use props
Phil Light
lvl.2
United States

fans8bc9987f Posted at 1-21 17:37

I was ready to pull the trigger on a Mavic 3E until I read here that the photography controls are not of professional quality. I'm not really a surveyor, I'm a professional photographer.

I apologize. I am unable to delete the duplicate posts.
2023-1-23
Use props
Phil Light
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the feedback.
2023-1-23
Use props
Arnor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Phil Light Posted at 1-23 18:38
I came here with questions and I ran into a condescending, boot-licking troll. LV_Forestry is not a nice person.

I don't know him/her in real life but he always try to help and give great feedback ( to the point ).

Short answer to your question: there is no DJI product that solve your requirement out of the box. As mentioned above, I think you try to mix requirements : you can't have nice pictures with accuracy ( as accurate pictures are "by design" not nice looking ). If I had the mission you have : M300 or M3E ( RTK ) for "measurements". Something else for the visuals, any cheaper consumer drone can do ( M2P in my case ).

Other solution: use GCPs and M3Cine, it could increase the accuracy but surveying pictures can't be used for visual. You only win take-off and landing time.

Good luck :-)
We have a say over here : "when you have a hammer, everything tend to look like nails."
2023-1-23
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Phil Light Posted at 1-23 18:38
I came here with questions and I ran into a condescending, boot-licking troll. LV_Forestry is not a nice person.
I don't know which of us is a "troll", but anyway I know who reads the half answers.  I recommended M300 + P1,  as written above.
You can insult me, if it allows you to compensate for your shortcomings and your frustrations, you are welcome.

No matter how pretty the client's marina is, drone operator it's a profession.  it's not just about buying a drone with  "enterprise" written on it.  Talent is acquired with time and experience. Coming to insult others because the answer is not the one expected will not make you progress any further.
What answer were you expecting?  something like this: press the magic button that unlocks the M3's capabilities, and yours at the same time?  Sorry DJI hasn't invented it yet.

See, that's a little condescending.  unfortunately this is also the truth.  And you Know it.

The alternative Arnor gives you is also good, and cheaper than an M300.  Take a better quality sensor without RTK and install GCPs.

I forgive you, be blessed.
2023-1-23
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Phil Light Posted at 1-23 17:47
So, basically, DJI doesn't sell a drone that can make an accurate map with "nice" images, to use your terminology? I literally have a client who owns a marina who wants a beautiful, wall-sized aerial print of the property to hang in the rental office that can also be used for planning purposes and measuring whether something (a boat, a barge, or a dock segment, for instance) will fit in an area. The best I can offer using DJI products is either a very accurate map with a low-quality composite image or a beautifully exposed raster print that is unusable for measuring?

It seems irrational for DJI to disable features on the top-of-the-line model (M3E) that are already enabled and available in the cheaper model (M3).

The best suggestion I can come up with on the spot is to slowdown your photo interval enough to shoot your photos in RAW. You could then take those RAW photos, batch edit them in Lightroom or something similar for a more saturated, sharpened, "pretty" look. You could even throw a Mavic 3 LUT over the images since it's very similar. You could build your Ortho from these images for the wall mounted map your looking for. Use your original JPGs for the accurate Ortho made for measuring.

Just an idea, I don't know how how much different the exported Ortho would actually be.
2023-1-29
Use props
jbCreativeMedia
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Dronelink solves allot of these problems and allows you to create missions on desktop. Their Growth plan works well with the M3E
I've had to buy the Mavic 3 Classic for the pretty shots.
I'd love to have everything on one platform, and I have complained about it. I had the M30T, but sold it to get the M3T and the M3C. Yep, it sucks that you can't use the same controller.

Here's the (unfortunate) reality of things
-DJI really doesn't have any motivation to make the changes we'd like since they are basically a monopoly.  
-Their goal is to make money and grow their company.
-The enterprise market is relatively small.
-The Pilot 2 app is subpar, clunky, and not very easy to use.
-Most people who buy enterprise drones are buying a specific tool and are not interested in the consumer modes.
-The tools (hardware) are fantastic for what they are made to do.

So, if you are in business and an entrepreneur you must operate within the parameters you have and make the most out of your current situation (aka, be creative). That means you'll do things that most people won't, like buying multiple drones, use third party software, take risks, and just get on with it.

Cheers
2023-2-8
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Using dronelink, I do have a function that creates AEB pictures, so I have at least been able to turn the M3E into a better picture taking machine.  : )
2023-2-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

jbCreativeMedia Posted at 2-8 08:42
Dronelink solves allot of these problems and allows you to create missions on desktop. Their Growth plan works well with the M3E
I've had to buy the Mavic 3 Classic for the pretty shots.
I'd love to have everything on one platform, and I have complained about it. I had the M30T, but sold it to get the M3T and the M3C. Yep, it sucks that you can't use the same controller.

"Dronelink solves allot of these problems and allows you to create missions on desktop."
I agree, but, a large part of the plaintiffs of the enterprise range do not wish to invest in third-party software.

"Yep, it sucks that you can't use the same controller."
It's something I'm having trouble understanding. The RC does not weigh heavy, it is integrated into the transport box of the drone so does not take up more space. This avoids having to pair drone and RC each time, which avoids many problems. But I respect your opinion, maybe you can explain to us what makes you say that it "sucks"?

"-DJI really doesn't have any motivation to make the changes we'd like since they are basically a monopoly."  
In comparison with the first DJI Ground station software and the current Pilot2, we can still recognize that there has been a big effort made

"-Their goal is to make money and grow their company."
That's true, like all businesses, its goal is to make a profit. I don't know many companies that work for free.

"-The enterprise market is relatively small."
Compare to the consumer market yes it's true.

"-The Pilot 2 app is subpar, clunky, and not very easy to use"
Can you explain the reasons? It may be in relation to your activity that you find that Pilot2 is not to your liking. For topography it is very good. Very easy to use.

"-Most people who buy enterprise drones are buying a specific tool and are not interested in the consumer modes."
It's true, and that's probably why Pilot2 and enterprise-grade sensors don't have consumer-grade features. This is not a prerogative of Surveyor, SAR...

"-The tools (hardware) are fantastic for what they are made to do."
Completely agree. There are no misleading commercial promises on the official product webpage. Apart from the flight time which is difficult to achieve because the conditions of the DJI test are difficult to reproduce.

"So, if you are in business and an entrepreneur you must operate within the parameters you have and make the most out of your current situation (aka, be creative). That means you'll do things that most people won't, like buying multiple drones, use third party software, take risks, and just get on with it."
Sorry I'm not a native english language user, I don't understand the meaning of your sentence. Can you explain?

2023-2-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-9 00:09
"Dronelink solves allot of these problems and allows you to create missions on desktop."
I agree, but, a large part of the plaintiffs of the enterprise range do not wish to invest in third-party software.

Oh joy, thank you for yet again sharing your condescending rebuttals. Upon examining your posts in this Pro forum, where people that have invested substantial funds into another flop product with no COMPANY support worth mentioning, all that you ever offer up are personal character attacks. I can assure you that no one is congruent to hear your oxygen-thieving regurgitation of negative horse manure.

I haven’t been on the Pro forums long, but I have been with the DJI forums for around 7 years; as I have purchased many of their products for business and (this) personal account. There’s always some armchair know-it-all wannabe “support agent” like you that offers NO help, but only to further anger ACTUAL customers or potential customers like myself that are looking to spend more than what most make in a year on a toy. I know this will not dissuade you from further snarky remarks, so understand that I’m not being snarky with my response; I love you.
2023-2-9
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2-9 12:10
Oh joy, thank you for yet again sharing your condescending rebuttals. Upon examining your posts in this Pro forum, where people that have invested substantial funds into another flop product with no COMPANY support worth mentioning, all that you ever offer up are personal character attacks. I can assure you that no one is congruent to hear your oxygen-thieving regurgitation of negative horse manure.

I haven’t been on the Pro forums long, but I have been with the DJI forums for around 7 years; as I have purchased many of their products for business and (this) personal account. There’s always some armchair know-it-all wannabe “support agent” like you that offers NO help, but only to further anger ACTUAL customers or potential customers like myself that are looking to spend more than what most make in a year on a toy. I know this will not dissuade you from further snarky remarks, so understand that I’m not being snarky with my response; I love you.

Your point of view is interesting.  It would even be almost useful if you could specify what you find condescending.  In this specific case it's just a free remark on your part.  But if it makes you feel good, keep going. I am not a psychologist but if I can help you are welcome.  My pleasure is your pleasure, I love you too.
2023-2-9
Use props
turanarslan1
New

Turkey

A new software has emerged in the world about mapping. Price performance and technology is very good
If you want, you can review.

Thermal inspection software;  mapperx.com
2023-2-16
Use props
MQNine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1076542 ft

United States

Yeap. DJI trying to double dip. I flew a freinds Mavic 3 a few weeks ago. I loved the Spotlight and Tracking features. So I decided I would buy one myself. Then I saw the $5700 Mavic 3T! Had to get it. Then I  spent 2 days trying to find the Spotlight and Tracking features, only to find out they were left out!!  This drone should do EVERYTHING that the Mavic 3 can do. Well at least I have the IR camera. But damn DJI, you already a billionaire. Stop money grabbing. Update my $5700 drone, not down grade!
2023-2-19
Use props
djiuser_cD0OeRDkO7if
New

Ghana

Hello... pls is the SanDisk extreme 128 v30 compatible with the mavic 3 enterprise?
2023-6-11
Use props
R_Packard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1179039 ft
United States

I'm very curious and grateful for this thread. I was also looking into purchasing the M3E upon release and held back after doing some comparisons and seeing that a lot of features seemed to be missing. I am glad I waited as it appears there are still some things to be resolved, which are fully warranted in my opinion, for some customers to be happy.
On another note, with the release of the M3Pro, do any of you think there is a possibility for the M3E to be getting upgrades in the future as well? I know a lot of people were generally angry upon this release, even though the new features are really great. Thanks for any feedback in advance.
2023-6-26
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

R_Packard Posted at 6-26 16:52
I'm very curious and grateful for this thread. I was also looking into purchasing the M3E upon release and held back after doing some comparisons and seeing that a lot of features seemed to be missing. I am glad I waited as it appears there are still some things to be resolved, which are fully warranted in my opinion, for some customers to be happy.
On another note, with the release of the M3Pro, do any of you think there is a possibility for the M3E to be getting upgrades in the future as well? I know a lot of people were generally angry upon this release, even though the new features are really great. Thanks for any feedback in advance.

Short answer: No. I had a small amount of hope left for DJI to correct things with the M3E. Today I lost what little hope was left. I knew we were over due for a firmware update since it has been nearly 4 months since the last one. Four months of development and I can't even notice a single difference since updating. DJI has the M3E restricted to a very niche use being mapping. This is exactly how they want it to stay and screw anyone who might expect a little more from a drone. If all you do is 100% mapping then maybe this is for you. I still would have a hard time recommending this drone to anyone. The drone is intentionally handicapped and there is no support for it either.   
2023-6-26
Use props
R_Packard
lvl.2
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 6-26 21:34
Short answer: No. I had a small amount of hope left for DJI to correct things with the M3E. Today I lost what little hope was left. I knew we were over due for a firmware update since it has been nearly 4 months since the last one. Four months of development and I can't even notice a single difference since updating. DJI has the M3E restricted to a very niche use being mapping. This is exactly how they want it to stay and screw anyone who might expect a little more from a drone. If all you do is 100% mapping then maybe this is for you. I still would have a hard time recommending this drone to anyone. The drone is intentionally handicapped and these is no support for it either.

I appreciate your input. I'm on the edge with the M3Pro but I want to open capabilities for mapping as well as I can see this being an additional tool that could be utilized for my small business. I cannot justify the cost of the M30 series but I would love to have. I'm definitely trapped in between the models and getting the most out of the available options for the price points.
2023-7-2
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

R_Packard Posted at 7-2 12:13
I appreciate your input. I'm on the edge with the M3Pro but I want to open capabilities for mapping as well as I can see this being an additional tool that could be utilized for my small business. I cannot justify the cost of the M30 series but I would love to have. I'm definitely trapped in between the models and getting the most out of the available options for the price points.

As of right now the best "All-in-one" drone is the Air 2S. Great camera, SDK, and RC Pro compatible. With apps like DroneLink, Litchi and others you can map pretty well with it, even with an electronic shutter. Metashape can correct images like this automatically. No RTK obviously. We'll see how DJI treats the soon to be announced Air 3 as far as releasing an SDK goes. Best case scenario it'll be 6-9 months after release before it has an SDK unfortunately.
2023-7-2
Use props
R_Packard
lvl.2
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 7-2 15:40
As of right now the best "All-in-one" drone is the Air 2S. Great camera, SDK, and RC Pro compatible. With apps like DroneLink, Litchi and others you can map pretty well with it, even with an electronic shutter. Metashape can correct images like this automatically. No RTK obviously. We'll see how DJI treats the soon to be announced Air 3 as far as releasing an SDK goes. Best case scenario it'll be 6-9 months after release before it has an SDK unfortunately.

Thanks for the input. I might just sit back and see what happens with the Air 3 release.. and keep my fingers crossed for a future Enterprise update down the line.
2023-7-6
Use props
Downward_Spiral
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81152 ft
  • >>>
United States

MQNine Posted at 2-19 19:02
Yeap. DJI trying to double dip. I flew a freinds Mavic 3 a few weeks ago. I loved the Spotlight and Tracking features. So I decided I would buy one myself. Then I saw the $5700 Mavic 3T! Had to get it. Then I  spent 2 days trying to find the Spotlight and Tracking features, only to find out they were left out!!  This drone should do EVERYTHING that the Mavic 3 can do. Well at least I have the IR camera. But damn DJI, you already a billionaire. Stop money grabbing. Update my $5700 drone, not down grade!

I am in this exact situation. I have had many other drones. I bought the 3T expecting all the same features af the $1000 drones. Recently I went through two batteries trying to find the Active Track or Spotlight features until I cane to this forum. To make matters worst, there are a few websites and articles that specifically say the 3E series DOES have those features when they obviously do not.

To use some other incorrect analogies through this thread, you don't buy a new model iPhone only to find out they have removed Facetime from the features. (Does anyone actually read through ever spec sheet to see if something is removed from a previous version?) You also don't buy an SUV with 4x4 to find out after the fact that it only works on pavement.  

Profit or not, what DJI is doing is wrong and idiotic. It literally costs them nothing to have many of these features available to those of us who would spend $6000 for a drone. Features that it is obvious, everyone considers basic.

Before anyone repeats in the replies that I should buy something else or this is not the right drone for my field, I do not have the option of carrying or deploying two drones at the same time and I work in emergency management, fire, and law enforcement and I NEED both thermal and basic level tracking features to handle some of the flying while I manage other controls. This should not even be a discussion. I am not complaining that another model does not have the thermal camera or the thermal version does not have a better zoom. There are obviously specific models available with those feaures. That being said, all software based (active track, smart track, orbit, histogram, white balance adjustment, etc) features should be available on all drones acrodd the board. This will likely be my last DJI purchase.  
(Side note, as my first post, I find it interesting my drones and fly distance are not even close to correct, I've had two Phanton 2, a Phantom 4, Mavic Pro, Mavis 2T, Mavic 3T, Mavic Mini 3, and been flying for almost 10 years so I'm guessing my flight distance is missing a few digits)

2023-7-30
Use props
thansen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 903602 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

LV_Forestry Posted at 2022-12-14 13:55
May I know what brings you to do mapping with an M3E when you have a P1?
The Enterprise range is not focused on video production.  Lots of people get confused.  At DJI there are three ranges, the "consumer" which includes recreational drones equipped with sensors from the simplest to the most efficient for high quality video content.  Then there is the "Enterprise" range which is centered on topography, inspection, SAR... And finally the "Agras" range which includes products intended for agricultural/forestry operations.  
DJI could manufacture a drone that combines all these functions, the price would be affected, how many users need to consolidate everything on a drone?  DJI simply made a logical economic choice.

Fair enough that they do not make "one drone do it all" but that they call it enterprise but remove manual white balance setting on a drone which main purpose i mapping and 3D model is absolute ridiculous

I bought it not knowning this since it is an essential feature / function in all digital cameras since ever.

And in this specific problem you are getting results that some of my customer demand - like manual exposure, iso and white balance to make perfect result. I would never have thought this could happen on  a pro level drone that is made for this purpose. I now know that the former phantom version had manual white balance so how the f... could they suddenly remove it and only have auto wb.

I'm stunned  
2023-9-6
Use props
djiuser_fyvSsEUCCOpA
lvl.1

Cameroon

It has no relation.

J'ai l'impression que tu ne comprends rien du tout, tout ce qui t'intéresse c'est donner des réponses d'automate. nous savons tous que le haut de gamme a toujours eu tout ce que le bas de gamme a. Pourquoi vendre cher un drone qui a deja toutes les fonctionnalités des plus petits mais expressément bloquer ou brider dans l'OS ces fonctionnalités  pour ne garder que celles ajoutées, ces absurdes.
3-22 00:37
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_fyvSsEUCCOpA Posted at 3-22 00:37
J'ai l'impression que tu ne comprends rien du tout, tout ce qui t'intéresse c'est donner des réponses d'automate. nous savons tous que le haut de gamme a toujours eu tout ce que le bas de gamme a. Pourquoi vendre cher un drone qui a deja toutes les fonctionnalités des plus petits mais expressément bloquer ou brider dans l'OS ces fonctionnalités  pour ne garder que celles ajoutées, ces absurdes.

En effet, C'EST absurde !
3-22 01:56
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

15 months have past since I posted this and after reading my original message again just now I realized that every word is still relevant. I listed many missing things on the M3E and every one of them are still missing today.
3-22 18:09
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-22 18:09
15 months have past since I posted this and after reading my original message again just now I realized that every word is still relevant. I listed many missing things on the M3E and every one of them are still missing today.

Instant upvote.  Correct on all points.
3-22 18:40
Use props
zeko333
New

Croatia

I also acquired the Mavic 3E today, and I must express my disappointment  upon discovering that it has absolutely no video recording options.  Obviously, for inspections, merely photos are not sufficient to  accurately represent something to clients. Another point is the absence  of an orbital shooting feature, which significantly facilitates the  recording in photogrammetry (towers, roofs, and various objects). Also,  to add that Agisoft also offers the option of adding video clips from  which photos are extracted and integrated into the 3D model. I do not  understand the complaints of this gentleman who, clearly without any  arguments and apparently not from the profession of geodetic experts and  photogrammetry, is just talking nonsense. I also expected such features  to be included by default, and it absolutely never occurred to me that  an option without video and orbital shooting would even be considered.
3-26 08:00
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules