Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Avata and Controller 2 = remote controller control stick error
12Next >
12783 63 2022-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

Fellas, just bought a new Controller 2 to use with the Avata.   Upgraded to latest code and binded w/no problems.  I can fly with it just fine.  Unfortunately, I can not seem to get rid of an error on the screen.  It is: "remote controller control stick error".  I've recalibrated multiple times, refreshed the code and tried to rebind, all to no avail.  

Has anyone else run into this?  Any help please, this is so frustrating...

2022-12-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, skunkwurk. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. May we know if this error message only appears when you are in Manual mode? If not, kindly confirm if this appears before take-off or mid-flight. If you can provide a picture of the error message, we'd appreciate it. Kindly keep us updated. Have a nice day.
2022-12-14
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Hve you changed the throttle stick to NOT have the spring to centre function?

if so, you have set the hold of the stick a bit to tight. see:

In this video he explains why the error occures and how to fix it!
2022-12-15
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-14 21:01
Hi there, skunkwurk. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience caused. May we know if this error message only appears when you are in Manual mode? If not, kindly confirm if this appears before take-off or mid-flight. If you can provide a picture of the error message, we'd appreciate it. Kindly keep us updated. Have a nice day.

Hi Tony,   No, the issue presented itself when I first binded the controller and still had it set for auto-centering of the throttle stick. It appears before take-off.  I have since refreshed the code, reset the system, re-binded evertything.   I have also now set the controller to manual mode (tightened F1/2) and set the system to manual under controller in settings.  All to no avail, as soon as I boot up the red error appears.
2022-12-15
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

BadBert Posted at 12-15 00:05

Thank you, Bad Bert.  I did watch this video and it is very helpful.  Unfortunately, the error appears whether I have it set to manual or normal/sport.
2022-12-15
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 757562 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the exact same issue, with a brand new FPV Controller.

"Remote controller control stick error" - no matter what I do.   It calibrated OK, but the error message just will not clear.

I'm hoping this isn't firmware-related, as I do not want to upgrade my Avata's firmware until the Remote ID issues get straightened out (i.e. I don't need to attach my mobile phone to fly.)

Any suggestions?
2022-12-15
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

I figured out that if I have my phone connected to the goggles with the fly app running, the system will boot up without the Remote controller stick error.

dmurphynj, can you try connecting your phone and booting up to see if the stick error clears?
2022-12-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

skunkwurk Posted at 12-15 06:22
Hi Tony,   No, the issue presented itself when I first binded the controller and still had it set for auto-centering of the throttle stick. It appears before take-off.  I have since refreshed the code, reset the system, re-binded evertything.   I have also now set the controller to manual mode (tightened F1/2) and set the system to manual under the controller in settings.  All to no avail, as soon as I boot up the red error appears.

Thanks for the update. We understand that the error message disappeared when you connected the goggles to your mobile phone and run the DJI Fly app. We want to further investigate this concern. Kindly check your inbox as we sent you a PM to collect some necessary data. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Have a nice day.
2022-12-15
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

Any one else running into the issue where you have to boot up the Avata with the phone plugged-in to eliminate a controller stick error?  
2022-12-17
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Have you changed the throttle stick to NOT have the spring to centre function?
2022-12-17
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

skunkwurk Posted at 12-17 10:21
Any one else running into the issue where you have to boot up the Avata with the phone plugged-in to eliminate a controller stick error?

i hope to test my controller next weekend (now the cold is gone, we have to much rain )
2022-12-18
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

ro_walker Posted at 12-17 15:52
Have you changed the throttle stick to NOT have the spring to centre function?

Yes.  I've changed it to centered and non-centered to no avail.  I've tried to re-calibrate with and w/out the centering to no avail.  I've tried to upgrade to the latest code and downgrade to other options within assistant 2, all to no avail.  I have pics of it working with with the fly app connected and with the error when the app is not connected, consistently.  So issue replicated, this is not calibration related.  I do want to point out, once the unit boots up with the app connected, you can disconnect the phone and the error contonues to be supressed, like the RID error.  Which makes this very suspicious to me.

The fact that the stick error is consistently suppressed when the fly app is connected is very telling.  Something is going on in the code that is satisfiied when the fly app is conneced.  I feel DJI knows this and is not saying.
2022-12-20
Use props
djiuser_Ug2lyjGmsdYm
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue with the remote controller calibration error not going away...
2023-1-8
Use props
gbaum.paintballphotography
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18308950 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Ug2lyjGmsdYm Posted at 1-8 09:18
I'm having the same issue with the remote controller calibration error not going away...

I have the exact same “remote controller control stick error”
I have two Controller 2 remotes and it only occurs with one of them
I have recalibrated several times and the message does not go away
I have tried every flight mode and the “remote controller control stick error” persists
I have updated all the firmware to the controller, aircraft and goggles and uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI FLY App (direct from the DJI web site)
The aircraft flies ok on several flights
I am just worried if I crash with a history of the error message, I may have some liability
2023-1-8
Use props
Debugger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

skunkwurk Posted at 2022-12-17 10:21
Any one else running into the issue where you have to boot up the Avata with the phone plugged-in to eliminate a controller stick error?

I have the same issue too, but nothing change even I have my phone with the app before I boot the controller. I still have the error.
2023-1-9
Use props
djiuser_3IAWgY5LQCzV
lvl.1

Mexico

I have the same issue too, but nothing change even I have my phone with the app before I boot the controller. I still have the error.
Share tha same ISssue, since opening a brand new abvata pro package.
Center, Not centar, FUlly moved F1 and F2 several configurations. Tried with phone bound, still marking error.
Changed all posible flighting modes, still calibration error.
Tried several calibrations, no change. I have jsut been flyng that way 1 month for now and I CANT FIND ANSWER FORM DJI nor apreciable solution in forums.

Can someone help or have a good review about his issue..... I dont think I should change the controller.
2023-1-26
Use props
Stuart prior
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128428 ft
United Kingdom

Had this on my controller 2 DJI replaced today very impressed with them download new upgrade software to the controller have had no problem since could be a faulty controller but hey what do I know what makes these things work
2023-1-26
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

for people that are still getting the error, see this post:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 706&pid=2967111

it might help
2023-1-27
Use props
LMV
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi,

I have the same problem and try everything

Is there a solution for the stick error ?
2023-2-1
Use props
Fpvskip
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52772 ft
United States

BadBert Posted at 1-27 00:35
for people that are still getting the error, see this post:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=283706&pid=2967111

YES, this one works! Perfect, thank you Bert.
The trick is to get everything running and then re-calibrate.
2023-2-1
Use props
djiuser_ERkeauyOj95Q
lvl.2

United States

I'm experiencing the same issue regardless of how many tonnes I've calibrated controller or updated firmware
It seems to fly ok but I'm still concerned and dismayed
There are times when the bird airbrakes randomly and it feels like it's not responding accurately to my inputs
2023-2-2
Use props
LMV
lvl.2

Portugal

Hi,

After i posted here,last night, i solve this STICK ERROR problem.

As everyone here, i spend a couple of hours trying to solve this problem without sucess (downgrade firmware, calibrate stick several times, put factory settings again. ... the all things that i found to solve the problem and nothing work. The stick error message still remain).

I have another message warning that my SD card (googles and drone) was to slow (orange message) so i buy two SD cards according to the DJI specifications (Kingston Canvas go) and they arrived last day.
I put both on and the orange message, regarding SD card, disappears but the red one (stick error), remain. So, OK, i thing "let do once more the calibration process" and i go to the "Status" (in the google menu) and, in the message, i click on the calibration process. Do all the process and click ok and... THE STICK ERROR MESSAGE DISSAPEARS.

I tried in every mode (normal, sport, manual) and i´ts alright, without any red message. I put again the left stick without center and the message doesn´t appears. Turn on and off several time with and without the stick centered and the message doesn´t appears.

Now, I´M WORRIED... do i kill the sitck error red message
2023-2-2
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

I am not following what you did different.  I've tried to calibrate from the goggle menu many many times and I still get the same error.  What did you do different?  I'm also not following the issue related to the orange message, I don't have one.
2023-2-2
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Netherlands

skunkwurk Posted at 2-2 13:47
I am not following what you did different.  I've tried to calibrate from the goggle menu many many times and I still get the same error.  What did you do different?  I'm also not following the issue related to the orange message, I don't have one.

have you seen my post?
At least one person confirmed this worked ;)
2023-2-3
Use props
LMV
lvl.2

Portugal

Well, you don´t have that orange warning (SD card´s to slow) because your SD card´s meet de DJI specifications.

In my case, i change both my "old SD card´s" to the new ones meeting DJI specifications (that orange message disapears).

You can try to do this: change or format (backup you videos / images first) both your SD card´s). Then, calibrate from the "Status" menu (same procedure as i make) and see the result.
Before you do this, make sure that you have your firmware up to date.

What i thing is happens is, when i put the new clean SD card´s, some how triger a bypass to this problem and, propably, create a correct file log or something.

2023-2-3
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

BadBert Posted at 2-3 02:42
have you seen my post?
At least one person confirmed this worked ;)

Yes.  I've tried to  calibrate while I have M mode enabled.  My issue may be different, my stick error only appears when I disconnect the phone and fly without the app.  I have intentionally not upgraded so I can fly without rid.  My lingering issue is this stick error, but If I connect  my phone to the goggles the stick error goes away.  So I'm still stuck seeing this error.
2023-2-3
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

LMV Posted at 2-3 03:10
Well, you don´t have that orange warning (SD card´s to slow) because your SD card´s meet de DJI specifications.

In my case, i change both my "old SD card´s" to the new ones meeting DJI specifications (that orange message disapears).

ah ok, let me try to format my sdcard and try to re-calibrate.   I am only running one in the goggles, I do not have one in the drone.   I'll circle back.
2023-2-3
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

I tried pulling the sdcard from the goggles and re-calibrated in M mode.  Unfortunately, I'm still getting the stick error - bummer.
2023-2-3
Use props
Debugger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Debugger Posted at 1-9 23:49

I send back my controller for replacement. The new one works with no error message
2023-2-5
Use props
themad80gmail.com
New

Italy

Exactly same issue here … brand new fpv controller and no manual mode. I’ve tried everything but the red alert message remains
2023-2-5
Use props
fansd8b0bed1
lvl.1

Brazil

same issues
2023-2-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

skunkwurk Posted at 2-2 13:47
I am not following what you did different.  I've tried to calibrate from the goggle menu many many times and I still get the same error.  What did you do different?  I'm also not following the issue related to the orange message, I don't have one.

Hi, skunkwurk. We're deeply sorry that the error remains. If you have tried calibrations including the RC calibration multiple times and the issue persists, we're afraid you may consider sending it back for a proper diagnosis. You may submit an Online Repair Application, or directly contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for further assistance with the process. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Your understanding is highly appreciated, and thanks for your continued support.
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

themad80gmail.com Posted at 2-5 15:08
Exactly same issue here … brand new fpv controller and no manual mode. I’ve tried everything but the red alert message remains

Good day. We're sorry for the trouble caused. You may refer to the suggestions we posted in post #32. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. If you have not tried it yet, we recommend you do an RC calibration a few times to see if the issue remains. If it does, we suggest you send the remote controller back and contact our Customer Support ay (support.dji.com). We appreciate your understanding. Have a nice day.
2023-2-20
Use props
fans93d50161
New

France

Hi,
Same error here. Nothing to do. Upgraded and updated everything. Calibrated RC like 20 times, tried to play with springs tightening and all what was mentioned here related to that specific sticks error. Stays the same can’t get rid of the error. Please help!
2023-2-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans93d50161 Posted at 2-28 09:16
Hi,
Same error here. Nothing to do. Upgraded and updated everything. Calibrated RC like 20 times, tried to play with springs tightening and all what was mentioned here related to that specific sticks error. Stays the same can’t get rid of the error. Please help!

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Since you've already done the troubleshooting but the issue remains, we recommend you send the remote controller back for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a repair request at (repair.dji.com) or contact our Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for more details of the process. Your understanding is highly appreciated. Have a nice day.
2023-3-2
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

So if you have no DJI Fly app connected in the event of a failure in flight you have no logs, or not as much info as if the flight log data was available.

I connect my phone to my goggles and use DJI Fly so I can have my flight logs which I download and review regularly to keep up on potentially developing issues as well as track battery performance amongst the various packs I have.  
Might take 8 flights tomorrow and I will review one log from each battery at random.
So the logs are 90% of the reason I use the phone each flight.

Guess my point is that the phone is doing more with DJI Fly than Remote ID and I agree we should not need the phone  but we do so at least the logs are a benefit? No?

Not sure what it does in some cases to help with this stick error to have the fly app open - I agree DJI knows and may not be clearly communicating that, but it does not seem to be in all cases.  Makes no sense,

I am starting to think they had a bad run of controllers.......Mine has been perfect. No issues.

Tomorrow I will try without the app and see if I get the Stick error as till now I have been 100% with DJI Fly open as I have the latest firmware and have never seen this error.

I wanted the new firmware due to the "Sudo Fix" for the tumble issues when there is hard Yaw in manual mode.......it may prevent a crash so I updated.

I feel this bird is a bit top heavy and under powered which makes it hard to control at times, especially in some wind, so I felt it best to go with the new code.

Hope you guys get some resolution here.

2023-3-2
Use props
djiuser_UnFzR6O3qUc4
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi everyone, I have the same issue as everyone here and I am a bit surprised.

I have contacted DJI and they asked me to send the remote controller (brand new of course). I received a call two days later and they mentioned the sticks are broken, which surprised me a lot, then that the controller is broken and I have to pay for repair.

It is the first time I hear I have to pay for the repair of a brand new controller which calibrates perfectly and seems to work perfectly but this stupid error.
2023-3-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_UnFzR6O3qUc4 Posted at 3-9 01:39
Hi everyone, I have the same issue as everyone here and I am a bit surprised.

I have contacted DJI and they asked me to send the remote controller (brand new of course). I received a call two days later and they mentioned the sticks are broken, which surprised me a lot, then that the controller is broken and I have to pay for repair.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we have your case number? We will check and confirm with our teams first.
2023-3-9
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

BadBert Posted at 2022-12-15 00:05

this video and it is very helpful
2023-3-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules