Avata and Controller 2 = remote controller control stick error
13315 63 2022-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wdJ6HPZUbEq8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1184337 ft
United States

Frustrated by the lack of answers from DJI but I found the fix (at least for me) it took calibrating the controller twice (read someone else took 3 calibrations) then the annoying warning is gone for good (supposedly)
2023-3-13
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_wdJ6HPZUbEq8 Posted at 3-13 21:17
Frustrated by the lack of answers from DJI but I found the fix (at least for me) it took calibrating the controller twice (read someone else took 3 calibrations) then the annoying warning is gone for good (supposedly)

Extremely frustrating.  It must be a code related issue as these fixes all feel like throwing darts at the problem.   I've calibrated countless times and I still get the error.   I've heard of people getting a new controller and end up with with the same issue.
2023-3-14
Use props
DanielAdelodun
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm getting the same error. "Remote controller control stick error"
Brand new RC2, "Old" Avata. Both updated with the latest firmware.

Everything else seems to work.

I did have trouble linking before I updated the firmware. Linking wouldn't work when I tried doing it via the DJI Fly App. Pressing and holding the power button worked, but then the app would not recognise the connection.
Anyway, after updating solved that issue, I tried to get rid of the error message...

I've tried Calibrating many times in a 4 "States" - F1 + F2 screws Loose vs. Tightened, and also in Manual vs. Normal Mode.
Using the DJI Fly App does not change anything.
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

skunkwurk Posted at 3-14 05:00
Extremely frustrating.  It must be a code related issue as these fixes all feel like throwing darts at the problem.   I've calibrated countless times and I still get the error.   I've heard of people getting a new controller and end up with with the same issue.

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. May I confirm do you mean the RC calibration always failed? Or you can successfully calibrate the RC?
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DanielAdelodun Posted at 3-20 06:12
I'm getting the same error. "Remote controller control stick error"
Brand new RC2, "Old" Avata. Both updated with the latest firmware.

Hi there, after linking the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 to the Goggles, please go to "Settings" -> "Remote Controller" -> "RC Calibration", and run calibration for the Remote Controller 2. And then please connect the RC to DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware to see if the error message still exists. https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-3-21
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-21 00:41
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. May I confirm do you mean the RC calibration always failed? Or you can successfully calibrate the RC?

RC calibration succeeds, I just consistently get a control stick error unless I have my phone plugged in.
2023-3-21
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-21 00:45
Hi there, after linking the DJI FPV Remote Controller 2 to the Goggles, please go to "Settings" -> "Remote Controller" -> "RC Calibration", and run calibration for the Remote Controller 2. And then please connect the RC to DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware to see if the error message still exists. https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

It does not make a difference for me, I've done that a number of times.
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

skunkwurk Posted at 3-21 05:30
It does not make a difference for me, I've done that a number of times.

Sorry for the late reply. If this message still exists after calibrating the remote controller and refreshing the firmware, you may need to submit a case and send it back for further diagnosis. http://www.dji.com/support
2023-3-24
Use props
djiuser_273ACv87DtDd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 658422 ft
Italy

Same issue.
Rc calibration succeeds, but remote controller stick error persists
2023-3-24
Use props
fanscd6512af
lvl.1

New Zealand

I have the same issue. Calibration succeeds and the controller works but the error keeps coming up.
2023-4-5
Use props
Computable
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45978 ft
United States

Fpvskip Posted at 2-1 09:10
YES, this one works! Perfect, thank you Bert.
The trick is to get everything running and then re-calibrate.

Is it still working without error. Mine did for one flight and now the same message and plus mine is flys bad like I'm drunk.
2023-4-9
Use props
djiuser_deWirLVm8BNZ
New

Sweden

I also have this exact issue in manual mode...
2023-4-10
Use props
Computable
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45978 ft
United States

I am extremely frustrated. DJI is not helping this known issue. My avata is completely not able to be flown due to this error. I've had two new controllers and this issue still persist. I think we should consider legal actions.  
2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans1c7e7396 Posted at 4-22 22:22
Good day, I have exactly the same problem with Avata, it has been telling me remote controller stick error for a long time.  I tried absolutely everything upgrade downgrade, update firmware.  expo and gain settings.  Really everything and no result.  I'm sad that this can't be fixed with fpv in manual mode.  It's dangerous!  I decided to return Avatu and switch to Custom FPV.  Don't be mad at me but mistakes like this shouldn't happen in fpv!!

We're sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, and we respect your decision. Please reach us back here should you have other concerns/inquiries. Have a nice day.
2023-4-23
Use props
Eduardo_avata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22037 ft
Brazil

Yeah, I have this same problem, but recently I have updated to new firmware that includes Mavic 3 PRO, and after doLlxHZgusIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=[/img]

This kind of errors was disapared after firmware update.
2023-4-28
Use props
Oregon UAV and Drone LLC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1934137 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue. Avata + Controller 2 = stick error. 50% roll left on right stick without input.
2023-4-30
Use props
JASON EBELING
New

United States

Well I'm having the exact same issue all of you are having as well.   That is what too much of a coincidence  for this to be anything other than a coding issue. I did the same as all of you I  reinstalled the upgrade rebinded  and everything  and the only problem. That it has is control stick error.  And im still able to fly it but this worries me because like you guys mentioned if something happens  when the error message is present  we could be liable , yet on the other hand they are not doing anything about this message either. This is extremely  frustrating
2023-6-2
Use props
LWay
lvl.1
France

Hello,

For anyone who still encounters the error with a brand new DJI RC 2 out of the box.
Update your AVATA to the latest firmware 1.03.00 (DJI Assistant 2 Consumer drone series)
Update your DJI Radio Command 2 to the lastest firmware 2.XX.XX (DJI Assistant 2 Consumer drone series)

The problem is in the 3 lastest Google 2 Firmware for me (of course it's not hardware related)  so I downgraded to the version which match the AVATA, so 1.03.000 (you still have 2.7k 120fps)

Now, you need to do 4 calibrations : 2 in N then S then M with this technique (you'll see why)

1. Launch everything (Avata + Google 2 + RC 2)
2. Activate Manual Mode in RC control setting
3. Go back to camera view and be sure to be in N mode
4. Go to Status > Calibrate RC
5. The first calibration is just to get the real center (for the google), so put the stick approximately in the center and launch the calibration
IMPORTANT NOTE: Always calibrate the scroll wheel in last and BE SURE YOUR GIMBAL AXYS ARE ALL 0% before the calibration success screen.
6. Then directly after relaunch the calibration (of course don't touch the stick between calibration or you need to return to step 5.)
7. Calibrate stick then Scrool WHEEL when all your axys are 0%
8. Ok now switch to S mode and calibrate again Gimbal, then 0%, then scroll wheel
9. Ok now switch to M mode and calibrate again Gimbal, then 0%, then scroll wheel
10. The message is gone.
11. If the message still there, just insist in M mode or return to step 5 and be sure sticks are 0% at the end of each calibrations and don't touch it between calibration.

Good luck
2023-6-7
Use props
skunkwurk
lvl.2
United States

LWay Posted at 6-7 00:15
Hello,

For anyone who still encounters the error with a brand new DJI RC 2 out of the box.

Interesting!  Has anyone tried these steps w/out upgrading?  Perhaps the procedure itself may help solve the problem.  I'm apprehensive to upgrade as I would trigger the RID code - ugh!
2023-6-7
Use props
RickCR
lvl.1

Costa Rica

skunkwurk Posted at 2022-12-17 10:21
Any one else running into the issue where you have to boot up the Avata with the phone plugged-in to eliminate a controller stick error?

I have a new controller 2 and I get the same error when connected to the DJI Fly app or not connected. Updates have been applied to the Avata and the controller.

I was able to fly with the remote controller 2 for the first flight, However, the next attempt gave me the 'remote controller control stick error' and I can't get rid of the error. I can still start/stop the drones motors but I do not want to go any further than that.
2023-10-26
Use props
RickCR
lvl.1

Costa Rica

skunkwurk Posted at 2022-12-17 10:21
Any one else running into the issue where you have to boot up the Avata with the phone plugged-in to eliminate a controller stick error?

I tried booting with the phone plugged in but it did not change anything. Still had the control stick error. However, I ran a control stick calibration and the error went away. Hasn't come back for at least 4 restarts. Recalibration seems to have fixed it for me for the time being. Thanks.
2023-10-26
Use props
Ovronnaz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 718717 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

First time flying my avata two days ago and I had the same error message when switching to M mode. I flew anyway and used 3 batteries for approximately 30min in the air with no major issue.
After coming home I connected to Fly to save the flight log and I received a firmware update 01.05.000 notification, which I applied.
Yesterday before takeoff, I applied the procedure described above:
In normal mode, went to controller and calibrate. Then switched to manual mode, again went to controller menu and calibrate. Then no more error message during the next flights.

Hope it helps some of you.
1-8 09:18
Use props
Djavi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 838776 ft
Spain

SOLUCION, bueno yo tenia el mismo error y en mi caso desaparecio cambiando  desde las gafas el MODO PALANCA, modo 1, modo 2 o modo 3 una vez que cambias a cualquier modo el mensaje desaparece.
A mi me funciono, saludos.
4-4 12:44
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules