PHANTOM RTK, METADATA, POSITIONING IN THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS
2143 15 2022-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_K2p6pGkZB6LG
lvl.1

Greece

I have Phantom RTK. I try for very long to find out how to extract the accurate (RTK) positions of the photos (metadata) as an ascii file with the form: photo code, X,Y,H, ω,φ,l,  to be imported into Context Capture to solve aerotriangulation correctly.

The metadata provided by Phantom RTK at Survey files ( EVENTLOG.bin, PPKRAW.bin, Rinex.obs, Timestamps.MRK ) cannot be used by me.
I can't open them and if i try to open them as txt files it’s a mess that cannot be used.
  What is the way to work with metadata? I don't know how it is done with digs’ software, but we ask solution for third party programs.

The issue is very important, as the RTK drone is useless, i have also the phantom 4 pro.
2022-12-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

It may be a bit execive to say that the RTK drone is useless. Its level of precision is widely recognized using software such as Agisoft Metashape, PIX4D, and even DJI TERRA.
2022-12-16
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

LOL "the RTK drone is useless" b/c you can't process the data in your chosen software? More like your chosen software is useless, if it can't ingest industry-standard data formats.

You need software that will strip the needed info from the exifs. It's all there.
2022-12-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

P4R exif.JPG
After verification there is indeed all required information in the meta data.
2022-12-16
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

It would appear that Context Capture can read exif data:

https://www.bentley.com/wp-conte ... pture-LTR-EN-LR.pdf

"Integrate Georeferenced Data
ContextCapture natively supports several types of positioning data, including
GPS tags and control points. It can also incorporate any other positioning data
through position/rotation import or complete block import, enabling you to precisely
measure coordinates, distances, areas, and volumes"

So really, your post should have been "the RTK drone and software are useless to me, as I do not know how to use them".
2022-12-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Ah yes the famous Bentley software. I had the opportunity to try it. What followis a purely personal and non-objective opinion, I found the software undrinkable in comparison with Metashape, PIX4D...
Purely factual opinion: To sell me a license, they harassed me by email and on the phone for a few days until I specifically asked them not to contact me anymore.
Best advice, if you want a trial apply with a temporary gmail email address.
2022-12-16
Use props
djiuser_K2p6pGkZB6LG
lvl.1

Greece

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-16 07:33
It may be a bit execive to say that the RTK drone is useless. Its level of precision is widely recognized using software such as Agisoft Metashape, PIX4D, and even DJI TERRA.

I use Cotext Capture with a licence. Not other programs.

It needs cartesian or geodetic coordinates and turn angles of the photos.

That is with every set of photos, a txt file with the form: image name, φ,λ,h   or image name, X, Y, H,

The information exists in  the photos,  I don't know how, and I can't find a way to exract such a file.

2022-12-18
Use props
djiuser_K2p6pGkZB6LG
lvl.1

Greece

patiam Posted at 12-16 08:34

https://www.bentley.com/wp-content/uploads/PDS-ContextCapture-LTR-EN-LR.pdf

I use Cotext Capture with a licence and I Know its capabilities.

That general text is not relative with the topic. Yes Context Capture does a lot of things, and I know how to use it.
It can import a  file with cartesian or geodetic coordinates and turn angles of the photos.

With every set of photos, a txt file as : image name, φ,λ,h   or image name, X, Y, H, can be imported. And I know how.

So , the photos from Phantom RTK have that information.

Do you know any program to extract it?
Because there isnt any way to to that with Context Capture. It should have a way but it doesn't.
Also, the Phantom RTK should have the information extracted with a stucture but it doesn't.
Mabe it does it only for same companys software, that shouldn't do that also.

So, do you know how that certain process, (no other general things) is done?

Thank you.
2022-12-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_K2p6pGkZB6LG Posted at 12-18 10:31
I use Cotext Capture with a licence. Not other programs.

It needs cartesian or geodetic coordinates and turn angles of the photos.

P4R metadata.rar (14.41 KB, Down times: 8)
2022-12-18
Use props
djiuser_K2p6pGkZB6LG
lvl.1

Greece

patiam Posted at 12-16 07:34
LOL "the RTK drone is useless" b/c you can't process the data in your chosen software? More like your chosen software is useless, if it can't ingest industry-standard data formats.

You need software that will strip the needed info from the exifs. It's all there.

1) Context Capture should have a way to extract what it needs from the photos but it doesn't.
2) The Phantom RTK should have the information already  extracted with a helpful structure for third party programs but it doesn't.
3) Both are being bought for specific reasons and they should  be cooperate friendly but they aren’t
So the user tries to find other programs to solve the problems.
2022-12-18
Use props
djiuser_K2p6pGkZB6LG
lvl.1

Greece

patiam Posted at 12-16 08:34

https://www.bentley.com/wp-content/uploads/PDS-ContextCapture-LTR-EN-LR.pdf

Pease try to understand the topic and answer with useful information relative to it.
2022-12-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_K2p6pGkZB6LG Posted at 12-18 11:02
1) Context Capture should have a way to extract what it needs from the photos but it doesn't.
2) The Phantom RTK should have the information already  extracted with a helpful structure for third party programs but it doesn't.
3) Both are being bought for specific reasons and they should  be cooperate friendly but they aren’t

Bentley is the headlock assured. If you need details on how to do it with Metashape, don't hesitate to ask.
2022-12-18
Use props
djiuser_K2p6pGkZB6LG
lvl.1

Greece

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-18 11:00
Do you mean this file ? You can generate it with Metashape. Trial version should be enough.

Yes, that file is structured and can be read by excel and fixed as needed.
I will try to find it.
Thanks.
2022-12-18
Use props
djiuser_K2p6pGkZB6LG
lvl.1

Greece

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-18 11:07
Bentley is the headlock assured. If you need details on how to do it with Metashape, don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you.
I'm afraid that metashape (Agisoft) is a competitive program to Context Capture...
2022-12-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

djiuser_K2p6pGkZB6LG Posted at 12-18 11:35
Thank you.
I'm afraid that metashape (Agisoft) is a competitive program to Context Capture...

Of course it is.
2022-12-18
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_K2p6pGkZB6LG Posted at 12-18 11:07
Pease try to understand the topic and answer with useful information relative to it.

You're an ornery one.

Please try to understand this:  your chosen software is the part of this equation that is useless (not the P4R) as it doesn't seem to be able to do what any decent photogrammetry software does easily.

As LV_Forestry mentioned, even the trial version of any decent stitching software like Metashape or Pix4Dmapper can read the exif data from your images and export :

https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en- ... r-Image-Geolocation

https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en- ... ntrol-Points#label1

You're welcome.
2022-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules