Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji failing customers
1293 8 2022-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_hmHHRQxXr9lc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160456 ft

United Kingdom

Ok where do i start? Yes at the begining. I purchased a new samsung a53 and when i connected it to my mavic 2 pro the app worked but did not transmit the image in live time just a black screen. So after many hours of checking settings and trawling the net for an answer i contacted dji support. Their reply was get another device to use with my equipment. What? Are they serious i spend £500 on a new better phone and dji say get another device. Are they having a laughso after being channelled down to some guy and him ask me for all the logs and screen shots he returns with the same answer again we cant do anything, yet, but dont know when they can fix this issue. So i think there is going to be a lawsuit against dji on this 1. So if you have android 13 and having issues with some phones because its not just samsung.its others too please post your name below and type of phone your having trouble with and if you want to be part of a team to sue dji along with me the post your name below so i can get the ball rolling on taking dji to court for compensation. The more names i have the better it will be and stronger chance of getting them to get their act together and sort it or pay up for losses.

2022-12-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We recommend customers use the mobile devices on the compatibility list for the reason that those devices have been tested by us. For other devices, we can not guarantee its performance.  You may see the recommended list below: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4  About the Android 13, we will confirm with our teams further.
2022-12-15
Use props
djiuser_hmHHRQxXr9lc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160456 ft

United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-15 17:46
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We recommend customers use the mobile devices on the compatibility list for the reason that those devices have been tested by us. For other devices, we can not guarantee its performance.  You may see the recommended list below: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4  About the Android 13, we will confirm with our teams further.

That is all well and good to have a list which is constantly out of date but when it comes to not having  big choice from your phone provider. So really dji should be keeping up with new phone releases before they go on sale to the public. Its extremely frustrating and dji is not coming up with a solution to this. Other devices are compatible from the word get go but it seems dji are just totally incompetent in the tech department. They say they dont have a clue when they can fix this. But they should be sending more than a half price voucher for a battery when the drones are grounded. Ive been in talks with tech team and quite frankly they spent less than a day looking at my logs and files. So i think its time for a law suit and some seriously negative social media coverage. I wish id bought equipment from your competitors at autel now they seem like they have it all together unlike dji. Il post a link to my youtube video i make in here and tiktok and facebook. So watch this space.
2022-12-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_hmHHRQxXr9lc Posted at 12-15 19:06
That is all well and good to have a list which is constantly out of date but when it comes to not having  big choice from your phone provider. So really dji should be keeping up with new phone releases before they go on sale to the public. Its extremely frustrating and dji is not coming up with a solution to this. Other devices are compatible from the word get go but it seems dji are just totally incompetent in the tech department. They say they dont have a clue when they can fix this. But they should be sending more than a half price voucher for a battery when the drones are grounded. Ive been in talks with tech team and quite frankly they spent less than a day looking at my logs and files. So i think its time for a law suit and some seriously negative social media coverage. I wish id bought equipment from your competitors at autel now they seem like they have it all together unlike dji. Il post a link to my youtube video i make in here and tiktok and facebook. So watch this space.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. As we said, we just recommend users use compatible mobile devices for the reason that we have tested their performance. For other devices, kindly know that it does not mean they are totally unusable with our applications. However, we can not guarantee their performance as well. As you know, there are so many mainstream brands and devices on the market. It is hard to test so many devices. We will keep updating the compatibility list.  Thank you for your support and understanding.
2022-12-16
Use props
w33t
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48862 ft
United States

djiuser_hmHHRQxXr9lc Posted at 12-15 19:06
That is all well and good to have a list which is constantly out of date but when it comes to not having  big choice from your phone provider. So really dji should be keeping up with new phone releases before they go on sale to the public. Its extremely frustrating and dji is not coming up with a solution to this. Other devices are compatible from the word get go but it seems dji are just totally incompetent in the tech department. They say they dont have a clue when they can fix this. But they should be sending more than a half price voucher for a battery when the drones are grounded. Ive been in talks with tech team and quite frankly they spent less than a day looking at my logs and files. So i think its time for a law suit and some seriously negative social media coverage. I wish id bought equipment from your competitors at autel now they seem like they have it all together unlike dji. Il post a link to my youtube video i make in here and tiktok and facebook. So watch this space.

Gonna be entirely honest here. It's not really feasible to demand that they get their hands on each and every type of phone from manufacturers before they're released to test them. Manufacturers probably won't even hand out the phones for that reason. The best they can do is follow best development practices and support the phones that the majority of people are going to have. Sure, some phones won't work and it could be a product of manufacturer OS and hardware tweaks. It's a huge thing with Android, where you could buy a ton of phones and both the OS and hardware will have variations between manufacturers and even the models themselves.

If you're limited on what you can get your hands on, it's not DJI's fault. It's not really anyone's "fault". Additionally, no court is going to take you up on this because they'll simply look at what DJI publishes regarding mobile device compatibility and say "Well, that's not their fault."
2022-12-17
Use props
Props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3090846 ft
United States

I'm a little stunned that the OP thinks it is possible or feasible for DJI to support, much less guarantee functionality, with all phones currently on the market. This is literally why we can't have nice things. Some situations like this are simply a bummer. They don't all require hissy-fits and lawsuits. If your phone doesn't work with your toy, buy a new phone or a new toy; problem solved.
2022-12-29
Use props
Drey. I
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

Props Posted at 2022-12-29 13:10
I'm a little stunned that the OP thinks it is possible or feasible for DJI to support, much less guarantee functionality, with all phones currently on the market. This is literally why we can't have nice things. Some situations like this are simply a bummer. They don't all require hissy-fits and lawsuits. If your phone doesn't work with your toy, buy a new phone or a new toy; problem solved.

Well I think this guy got off the wrong side of the bed
2023-3-13
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I have experienced a similar situation with the Pocket 2 and I think I kind of see both sides of the argument.

On one hand, I do agree that they just cannot go and buy each and every smartphone just to test the compatibility. Yet on the other, I think they should have communicated more clearly that there are certain requirements for the apps to work properly. What they should have made, I think, is that
A) They should have tested the compatibility as throughly as possible through emulation,
B) They should have mentioned more clearly that there are limitations to the supported models, and
C) Possibly they should have mentioned the system requirements of the phone app, similar to the way PC software lists system requirements for the computer.

That would have saved time, money, effort and headaches to many users. It is true that they really can't be expected to get each and every model to check this, but it doesn't mean they couldn't have taken any more efforts to minimize the troubles for the users.
2023-3-13
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

There is of course the option of asking people on here....

I'm thinking of getting XXX phone to fly my drone and notice it's not on their tested list.......anyone had any problems ?
2023-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules