When will the price decrease>
2624 9 2014-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oliver123456
New

United Kingdom

I'm wondering when the price of your equipment will decrease.. You know like how the iphone 3 was 900 now its 150? (Amazon) How long the line will this happen for example Phantom 2 vision from 700 to 450-500? Please, I'm looking for a quadcopter.
2014-12-4
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Come back In a couple of years.
All DJI products hold their value very well.
2014-12-4
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would expect that prices will drop about a year after first release. Generally they reduce prices on older products right before bringing out new equipment.
2014-12-4
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

maybe never because DJI will probably not sell the P2 anymore anymore when a P3 arrives. But on the used market you will probably can buy it for alot cheaper then
2014-12-5
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

When the inspire 2 comes out
2014-12-18
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

srsly?

2014-12-18
Use props
regan
lvl.1

Afghanistan

What we are seeing in NZ is that the price of broken/crashed PHANTOMS is fetching good prices compared to new ones (refer to trademe.co.nz  NZ'ss version of ebay). It seems that it is the cost of parts that is "artificially" keeping prices for earlier versions elevated. That and the RTF aspect of the PHANTOM (and not the pilot, especially for the P2) means that there is now a source of seemingly first timers that buy a PHANTOM because it is RTF, don't read the manual, don't understand for example the LED lighting, and proceed to take off without Homelock encounter a problem in flight...and hence a sale on trademe......

I suspect it is the cost of parts that has a significant aspect on elevated costs for earlier models.

regards
Regan
2014-12-18
Use props
alex.lute
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1842592 ft
Sweden

Tip: buy a second hand P2V+ on Ebay!
2014-12-19
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quadcopters, by their very nature, will not make it to the age of the iphone 3 or even the 4.

I'd say that most Inspires will only last two years or so....before hard landings, crashes and other mistakes...or just more advanced equipment, does away with them.

Think of it this way. Maybe you should buy the Vision for $750 because it was $1300 18 months ago and it would have cost $4,000 3 years ago.

The first rule of quadcopters is not to fly a particular model unless you can afford to lose it. The Inspire is going to be used by many people for work-related projects (despite the current rules). Hobbyists, unless they have very fat wallets, should probably consider other models.
2014-12-21
Use props
FirstDroneInspi
lvl.1

United States

I purchased a P2V+ from BHPhoto. It looks brand new! The battery was never charged (after I charged it showed 1 charge) BHPhoto accepts returns too! Why buy used from EBay when BHPhoto offers the P2V+ for $749.00? This is my first drone and I can't wait to receive my Inspire 1.
2014-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules