How long can I wait to activate Care Refresh if I do *not* activa...
1825 9 2022-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rgames
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I just purchased a second Avata as a back up and it is not activated.  I also purchased the Care Refresh coverage for it.  I am wondering if I do *not* activate the drone, how long will the care refresh activation be available?

I know you have to activate it within a certain period of time after activating the drone.  I'm asking how long you can wait if you do *not* activate the drone.

If I don't need my backup for a long time then I'd like to start the Care Refresh period when I finally do need it.

Thanks
2022-12-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

im in the same situation as you but i do not purchase care refresh until i am ready to activate my drone.  so far i have an unopened mavic 3 and an unopened avata that i plan to activate maybe in february or march and then i'll buy care refresh.  my understanding is care refresh timing is based solely on the email that you get for your policy.  did you get an email that says "DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement."  Section 2 states something like this:

Service Details        Validity Period
Replacement Service

Effective date as indicated in the Service Agreement, starting at 2022/09/27 00:00 and ending at 2024/09/26 24:00

if you didn't get the email, it's quite possible the policy is not triggered until you activate but I cannot say for sure what dates will be contained in your agreement (if it the same date or the previous date).  I hope someone chimes in or you come back and tell us none of this counts until you activate the drone and then I can go buy the care refresh plans today; please let us know what you find.
2022-12-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, rgames. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that there is no specific time when the plan should be added. The DJI Care Refresh will be added and will take effect when the drone gets activated, even after some time. We hope this answers your question. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Keep safe.
2022-12-15
Use props
rgames
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-15 23:43
Hi, rgames. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that there is no specific time when the plan should be added. The DJI Care Refresh will be added and will take effect when the drone gets activated, even after some time. We hope this answers your question. Should you have any concerns or inquiries, please do not hesitate to reach us here at DJI Forum. Keep safe.

Sounds good - thanks
2022-12-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rgames Posted at 12-16 07:54
Sounds good - thanks

You're very welcome! Please reach us back here if you need further assistance. Have a nice day.
2022-12-18
Use props
SymbiootiK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437316 ft
  • >>>
Canada

HI all, I just wanted to validate if @DJI Tony's claim actually turned out to be true. @rgames, did you activate your drone several months later and confirm that DJI Care started at this exact moment? Thanks!
1-24 12:26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

SymbiootiK Posted at 1-24 12:26
HI all, I just wanted to validate if @DJI Tony's claim actually turned out to be true. @rgames, did you activate your drone several months later and confirm that DJI Care started at this exact moment? Thanks!

Yes, I would like to know DJI follow-up as well.

In the meantime, I only buy Care Refresh at the same time as I buy the new drone ONLY if I plan to activate the drone immediately.  However, if it's a drone I'll get around to flying later, I wait.  I don't want to lose 2 months or so into a Care Refresh product that started on the day way back when I bought the drone.  Ultimately it's not a huge deal losing 2 or 3 months out of 24 months but I often have DJI credits that I can use when I purchase Care Refresh directly on the DJI website.
1-24 13:29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SymbiootiK Posted at 1-24 12:26

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you purchase the DJI Care refresh separately on our DJI Store website to a product that is brand new and unactivated, or has been activated within 48 hours, it will automatically activated within the day of purchase. However, if you purchase the unit together with the DJI Care Refresh on our store website in the SAME order, the date stated in the service agreement will be the activation date of the product (the DJI Care Refresh will be activated once the product is activated). For more information, you may click this link: https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... ji-avata?vid=119151
1.png
1-25 00:27
Use props
SymbiootiK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437316 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-25 00:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you purchase the DJI Care refresh separately on our DJI Store website to a product that is brand new and unactivated, or has been activated within 48 hours, it will automatically activated within the day of purchase. However, if you purchase the unit together with the DJI Care Refresh on our store website in the SAME order, the date stated in the service agreement will be the activation date of the product (the DJI Care Refresh will be activated once the product is activated). For more information, you may click this link: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-refresh-dji-avata?vid=119151

Ok, great! Thanks for these clarifications DJI Paladin. So, from my understanding, when a DJI product is bought WITH DJI Care on the SAME order : DJI Warranty begins on the date of delivery while DJI Care Refresh begins on the date of the first time the product is turned on (activated). Could you please confirm that this is 100% correct? Thanks
1-25 03:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SymbiootiK Posted at 1-25 03:10
Ok, great! Thanks for these clarifications DJI Paladin. So, from my understanding, when a DJI product is bought WITH DJI Care on the SAME order : DJI Warranty begins on the date of delivery while DJI Care Refresh begins on the date of the first time the product is turned on (activated). Could you please confirm that this is 100% correct? Thanks

Yes, this is correct. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead.
1-29 01:33
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules