Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS) flashing green after lens calibration
2942 14 2022-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JasonAaronPro
lvl.1
United States

I'm seeing all over the internet people setting up and using the DJI LiDAR Range Finder (RS) without the RS3 Pro. Looks really easy and straight forward but I am just not having any luck. After calibrating the lens, the Lidar with flash green. I've tried about 15 different power supplies and cables with varying results from zero power on the focus motor to the focus motor going through the lens calibration process but ending the the flashing green light. I connect power to one of the USB-C ports on the focus motor and then the other USB-C goes to the Lidar port (NOT the one for firmware updates).

I've been troubleshooting this for dayssss. Anybody know why this is happening?
2022-12-15
Use props
djiuser_4ew57gyinwgO
lvl.1
United States

Same. Still looking for a solution.
2022-12-20
Use props
djiuser_4ew57gyinwgO
lvl.1
United States

Try swapping the orientation of the focus motor. Mine was facing the opposite direction, and when I changed it to the orientation in the photo, calibration worked. No more blinking light.
2022-12-20
Use props
JasonAaronPro
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_4ew57gyinwgO Posted at 12-20 23:04
Try swapping the orientation of the focus motor. Mine was facing the opposite direction, and when I changed it to the orientation in the photo, calibration worked. No more blinking light.

Hmmm...I think I already tried that...but I can't remember after all the different things I did try. I'll try that today. Do you mean to just flip it around, or put it on the other side of the lens?
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_4ew57gyinwgO
lvl.1
United States

I left it on the same side of the lens, but I flipped the motor around so it ended up facing the opposite direction. Worked after that.

Hope it works!
2022-12-21
Use props
JasonAaronPro
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_4ew57gyinwgO Posted at 12-21 08:24
I left it on the same side of the lens, but I flipped the motor around so it ended up facing the opposite direction. Worked after that.

Hope it works!

Turned it around and tried it and still have the flashing green. Ugh...
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_4ew57gyinwgO
lvl.1
United States

JasonAaronPro Posted at 12-21 09:27
Turned it around and tried it and still have the flashing green. Ugh...

Ugh. Sorry for the false hope. This kind of random "will it or won't it work" stuff is so frustrating.
2022-12-22
Use props
JasonAaronPro
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_4ew57gyinwgO Posted at 12-22 09:32
Ugh. Sorry for the false hope. This kind of random "will it or won't it work" stuff is so frustrating.

It really is. I'm going to try a different lens just to see if that makes any difference.
2022-12-22
Use props
djiuser_qGqU5DNcEKLp
New

Russia

I have the same problem.
Tried to do as suggested, but without success.
Lidar model DF02 (Firmware v00.00.00.39). Focus motor model FM03.
2023-1-13
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24754 ft
Australia

I think I posted about this earlier - I have the same issue. I have tried several cables and now have a dedicated PD USBC cable from KondorBlue that should work. But it doesn't.
The motor does not remember calibration, even if left powered on by an external source.

The LiDAR works fine otherwise, but not independantly of the RS3Pro.

2023-1-23
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Australia

ValleyForge Posted at 1-23 02:42
I think I posted about this earlier - I have the same issue. I have tried several cables and now have a dedicated PD USBC cable from KondorBlue that should work. But it doesn't.
The motor does not remember calibration, even if left powered on by an external source.

And I have just repeated the lens calibration, the motor end points with USBC data cables AND the new beta firmware.

And it is exactly the same. I can get LiDAR controlled autofocus on the RS3Pro on C1 and tracking. But getting anything independent of the RS3Pro - whether you power down the RS3Pro, then change the connections, or don't; or  connect the external power to the focus motor before disconnecting anything.

I don't think I am missing anything as I have followed the instructions exactly. Something isn't right. Over to you DJI Mods.
2023-1-23
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Australia

And the "Blind Spot"cable that was suggested by "someone on you-tube" doesn't work either.
2023-1-29
Use props
Kaku Ito
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

I had some difficulties in the beginning, but now it seems to work flawlessly.

These are the things I had done.

Updated the RS3 Pro to the beta.
Made sure the motor does not skip.  LRF seems to go offline if the lens motor skips.
I'm feeding extra USB-C to LRF from RS3Pro top port.
Don't chnage the joystick speed rather than the preset, Fast, Middle or slow.

2023-1-30
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Australia

Kaku Ito Posted at 1-30 11:23
I had some difficulties in the beginning, but now it seems to work flawlessly.

These are the things I had done.

Yes - the LiDAR focus and tracking is great.

But to get LiDAR control of focus off the RS3 (as DJI say you can in the manual) is defeating me.
2023-2-8
Use props
bdh
lvl.1

United States

Update firmware on tx, rx, motor, lidar. Then it worked for me
2-14 09:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules