Is this the image quality I can expect?
865 6 2022-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
julesjelev
lvl.1

Canada

I left my Osmo action running while I took a picture with my old Canon Powershot SD600 camera of a fish I caught.

Then I took snapshots from the Osmo Action video to see how they comapre to the Powershot image.

The reality is, these are not even close.

Is there something in the setting that I can tweak up to get the Osmo image as clear as the Powershot image?

Osmo image

Osmo image

Powershot image

Powershot image
2022-12-15
Use props
julesjelev
lvl.1

Canada

May be worth mentioning I used the VSDC free video editor to crop the images from the video and , as seen in the Osmo image, some water  ended up splashed on the lense.   Possibly a better editor can produce better results.
2022-12-15
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

well its an Action camera. and it looks good. if asked but not perfection
2022-12-16
Use props
julesjelev
lvl.1

Canada

Fishycomics Posted at 12-16 03:39
well its an Action camera. and it looks good. if asked but not perfection

I still think it should be way better, considering the camera is left stationary and the objects in the picture do not move fast.

This one is from today - again a crop from a movie.

What frame extraction software would you recommend to minimize the loss in quality?   I have a feeling when I watch the movie and pause it, the resulting image has better definition than what VSDC exports.

2022-12-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

You grabbed a  shot  from the editor and at what render was it, the video, as well your photo grab? the software used?  

1 DJI camera does not have a photo grab at all
2. DJI Mimo/Lightcut app  do not see a photo grab

I use Magix edit pro 2021 the vid is a 4K 24F,   photo saved to 4K size

the footage is on Dewarp
I do not think we will get a better shot out of this camera,   

2022-12-18
Use props
julesjelev
lvl.1

Canada

Fishycomics Posted at 12-18 04:29
You grabbed a  shot  from the editor and at what render was it, the video, as well your photo grab? the software used?  

1 DJI camera does not have a photo grab at all

The very first image was at 4K.  Given the poor results, I reduced the resolution and went down to 24 FPS on the video.  What is the point of getting a mega large video file when quality is still not there in any of the frames?

So I see no visible loss in quality in the second picture.

To extract the frames I used the VSDC Video editor, which now I believe is the main problem.  I either do not know how to use it, or it is just a terrible tool resulting in huge resolution loss.

There was another "extraction" possibility.  Pause and Print Screen.
I redid both pictures (or frames close to those) using Print Screen.

Even this primitive method produced way better results than the VSDC specialized software !!!

Frame-02-PSCR.jpg
2022-12-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

that is awesome,  guess each software differs.
2022-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules