Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sudupe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 691407 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello

As we have wifi on goggles 2, wont be posible to connect to Dji fly with wifi connection in order to use as Remote ID?

Thanks
2022-12-16
Use props
Sudupe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

I know that internet conection its not necessary.

I’m talking about make the goggles and dji fly app connection wirelessly.
2022-12-16
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

Sudupe Posted at 12-16 11:50
I know that internet conection its not necessary.

I’m talking about make the goggles and dji fly app connection wirelessly.

The goggles/controller/Avata communicate all communicate with each other on discrete frequencies, not WiFi.

The Avata itself uses WiFi to broadcast Remote ID info. The goggles do not have WiFi. That is why you connect your phone/tablet running DJI Fly app to the goggles.
2022-12-16
Use props
Sudupe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

CappyA330 Posted at 12-16 12:51
The goggles/controller/Avata communicate all communicate with each other on discrete frequencies, not WiFi.

The Avata itself uses WiFi to broadcast Remote ID info. The goggles do not have WiFi. That is why you connect your phone/tablet running DJI Fly app to the goggles.

Goggles 2 version has wifi
2022-12-16
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

Sudupe Posted at 12-16 13:09
Goggles 2 version has wifi

True. For streaming into goggles. It is not used in communicating with Avata or Remote ID.
2022-12-16
Use props
Sudupe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

CappyA330 Posted at 12-16 20:14
True. For streaming into goggles. It is not used in communicating with Avata or Remote ID.

I know.

Thats why Im requesting an update with that feature.
2022-12-16
Use props
SirStabbs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218799 ft
United States

What the RID is looking for is the GPS module, you would need a device such as phones, tablets or external gps, that can communicate to the goggles and the drone. hence them asking you to connect to the DJI Fly App on your mobile device. its not Wifi thats doing the work, its the GPS. which does not need internet or mobile connection coz it uses satellite positioning.
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sudupe. Thanks for reaching out. We have your suggestions recorded and forwarded to our related team for evaluation. Significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Thank you, and have a nice day!
2022-12-18
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Goggles 2 also has bluetooth, it would be even better (power consumption wise, also on the phone) to do it over bluetooth....
If you use wifi, you need to activate a wifi hotspot on the goggles or phone, bt will connect automaticly....
most people already have Bt turned on on their phone anyway.
2022-12-18
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I am contemplaning this Remote ID thing for many days now. And have some conclusions I'd like to verify:

1. The Drone has built in GPS, the Googles don't - this is the main problem I suppose.
2. The Drone gets a GPS fix after few seconds and sets the home point accordingly.
3. In the US, you have to connect your phone to the Googles only one time, before take off.
4. After take off you may disconnect the phone and get a subsequent "Remote ID warning".
5. Supposedly the Drone has to send out the actual coordinates of itself AND the pilot, is that right?

If these are the facts, some questions arise:

A. One could achieve SAME behaviour using the first home point coordinates as the goggles = pilots coordinates because usually theses coordinates are nearly identical.
So why is there ANY connection to a phone as a GPS source necessary?

B I suppose, the "Remote ID Warning" after take off and disconnecting the phone is simply there because it is mandatory the phone keeps connected for the whole flight, but you do not cut the engines after take off for safety reasons. So disconnecting the phone at any time is against the rules for Remote ID.
This brings us back to A., because if Remote ID demands to always transmit not only the actual coordinates of the drone, the pilots coordinates also have to be transmitted.

C. There would only be one good solution for anybody, in the US or elsewhere: Goggles need an internal GPS receiver. WHAT A SHAME they obviously lack this. Only few bucks difference in design. The whole Remote ID topic is not new at all. So why DJI, WHY?

So out of all this, I think it could be a good idea to develop a small addon for the Googles: a tiny external GPS receiver that gets its power from the USB C connection to the Googles and is tiny enough to be mounted on the head strap. This device could be light, small and cheap to create. And could sort this hole thing out in a good manner. So, DJI, what's the point?
2022-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules