Colors are flat: contrast too low
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 617405 ft
United States

I am exploring for an upgrade from my Mavic2 Pro and the obvious is the Mavic3 Classic; however, I am seeing some issues with image quality.

• Over the many sample footage I have seen on YouTube, it appears to me that the colors look about the same as the Mavic2Pro --- quite flat. Somehow, the videos do not have the same popping contrast as videos from my regualr camera.The footage seem to have a slight layer of low-contrast film over the entire frame; as if there is some issues with the lens or something inherent to the image processing engine. Of course, you can say that this can be adjusted in post-processing but those YouTube channels are popular channels and they should know what they are doing with post-processing, correct?
  • Second issue I see is that lack of sharpness. Are the new Mavic3 Classic still suffering from M2P's issues with noise-reduction reducing resoultion when sharpness is set to ZERO?

So far, almost all of the YouTube vids put up by owners & reviewers are shot under flat lighting conditions; so, this did not help at all. Since the drone is already producing low contrast footage, the flat light made it more muddy and murky --- nothing to brag about.

Are there any sample footage anyone can show me that have a higher contrast and more popping colors? I'm still looking and if you can help, please point the way. Thanks!

2022-12-16
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

I think I found one but he was using the CINE version with Apple ProRes.
Perhaps, he has very good editing skills.

2022-12-17
Use props
Cliff_Allister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 704741 ft
Cyprus

Upps...
How can I delete a comment? It was accidentally posted three times...
2022-12-17
Use props
Cliff_Allister
lvl.3
Cyprus

DJ_Fan Posted at 12-17 10:18

That was filmed with my new MAVIC 3 Classic in 4K/60fps in the normal color profile with everything set on automatic. In post-processing I overlaid the "Boost Mode" LUT from DM PRODUCTIONS with 80% opacity. That was the only color correction I did. It´s crisp and the colors pop nicely IMHO.

2022-12-17
Use props
Cliff_Allister
lvl.3
Cyprus

DJ_Fan Posted at 12-17 10:18

Upps...
How can I delete a comment? It was accidentally posted three times...
2022-12-17
Use props
DJ_Fan
lvl.4
United States

Cliff_Allister Posted at 12-17 12:06
That was filmed with my new MAVIC 3 Classic in 4K/60fps in the normal color profile with everything set on automatic. In post-processing I overlaid the "Boost Mode" LUT from DM PRODUCTIONS with 80% opacity. That was the only color correction I did. It´s crisp and the colors pop nicely IMHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz29l_91tvE

Thanks, Cliff, for sharing. Your is pretty well lit and cheery.
2022-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules