Virtual Flight Log issue
1512 11 2022-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dwng
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8967323 ft
Australia

I have a RC Controller. Since upgrading to app version v1.9.0, every time I go into Virtual Flight Log and open the map for any of the prev flights, it opens, shows the flight path normally. But once returning to the Virtual Flight Log (list), the map (icon) for the flight that I opened disappears and any attempt to open that flight log fails to load. The workaround is to go into Profile -> Storage -> Clear Aircraft Flight Record Cache. Then the map (icon) for that flight returns again in Virtual Flight Log and it works again until I open it again.

Anyone have / had the same problem before? Appreciate any advice to resolve this annoying inconvinence please. Should I erase all data on the controller and restore to factory setting? Would I lose such as flight logs and unable to restore again? Really appreciate any help. Thank you and happy flying.
2022-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I ask if the model of your drone is DJI Mini 3 Pro? In order to better check the issue you encountered, could you please provide us with a screen recording of the whole process for our further confirmation? You can upload the video to Youtube or Dropbox and then send us the link here.
2022-12-17
Use props
dwng
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-17 23:31
Hi there, may I ask if the model of your drone is DJI Mini 3 Pro? In order to better check the issue you encountered, could you please provide us with a screen recording of the whole process for our further confirmation? You can upload the video to Youtube or Dropbox and then send us the link here.

Yes, it is a mini 3 pro. Well. uploads flight log is fine. I can see the flight log in my phone and everything is working (ie, I can list the flights and review any flight multiple times).

But with the RC Controller, at the flight log list screen, once I click on the map to review a flight, upon returning to the flight log list, the map disappears in the right most column of the flight list leaving only the cloud icon. If I click on it to review that flight, it hangs indefinitely (empty black screen) until I click to go back.
If I then go back into Storage and clear the cache, it works once until that cache is populated again, by reviewing the flight again.

Apologies I am unable to upload to youtube right now. Discovered a crack in the gimbal despite I have never crashed the drone and it is very new. Sending it in for repair as a result hence I am unable to upload right now.
2022-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dwng Posted at 12-19 01:28
Yes, it is a mini 3 pro. Well. uploads flight log is fine. I can see the flight log in my phone and everything is working (ie, I can list the flights and review any flight multiple times).

But with the RC Controller, at the flight log list screen, once I click on the map to review a flight, upon returning to the flight log list, the map disappears in the right most column of the flight list leaving only the cloud icon. If I click on it to review that flight, it hangs indefinitely (empty black screen) until I click to go back.

We are sorry to know about the issue. Hope you receive the drone soon. Please test it again after receiving the drone to see if the issue still exists. If yes, please record a video for us to check. Looking forward to your update.
2022-12-19
Use props
dwng
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-19 03:33
We are sorry to know about the issue. Hope you receive the drone soon. Please test it again after receiving the drone to see if the issue still exists. If yes, please record a video for us to check. Looking forward to your update.

Mindy,

Happy new year!

I finally received my Mini 3 Pro and RC Controller back. The Virtual Flight Log map issue persists. I have uploaded a video to youtube for your convenience and review. Hope this helps. I wonder if I should reset the RC Controller to factory setting and what happens if I do. Will I lose anything such as flight log. Appreciate your help.

(Youtube video revmoved)

D.
2022-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dwng Posted at 2022-12-31 19:06
Mindy,

Happy new year!

Thanks for the video provided. Could you please export the log for our further analysis? Please also tell us the exact time to locate the corresponding log. After DJI RC is connected to DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series), click “Log Export”, select the log to be exported, and click “Save To Local". You can upload the log to Dropbox or Google Drive and then send us the link here. https://www.dji.com/mini-3-pro/downloads
2023-1-1
Use props
dwng
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-1 00:20
Thanks for the video provided. Could you please export the log for our further analysis? Please also tell us the exact time to locate the corresponding log. After DJI RC is connected to DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Series), click “Log Export”, select the log to be exported, and click “Save To Local". You can upload the log to Dropbox or Google Drive and then send us the link here. https://www.dji.com/mini-3-pro/downloads

Hi Mindy,

Ty for the rely. Log sent via DM. Appreciate your help. As mentioned previously, this problem appears whenever / as soon as a flight log is cached in the internal memory. Once I go to Storage -> Clear Cache -> Clear Aircraft Flight Record Cache, the map icon appears again. Seems like flight caching is the problem.

Worth noting I don't have such a problem with Dji fly app on the phone although I don't use it to fly the drone ever.

Should I reset RC Controller to factory setting? What would i lose doing so? I won't lose flight logs, would I? I assume all setting incl network need to be set up again, right? Thanks.
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dwng Posted at 1-2 18:30
Hi Mindy,

Ty for the rely. Log sent via DM. Appreciate your help. As mentioned previously, this problem appears whenever / as soon as a flight log is cached in the internal memory. Once I go to Storage -> Clear Cache -> Clear Aircraft Flight Record Cache, the map icon appears again. Seems like flight caching is the problem.

Hi dwng, may I ask if you sent the log to me via forum PM? I did not receive any message from your forum account. Could you please send it again? Since we haven't located the problem yet, we cannot guarantee factory reset will help or not. If you still want to try, we recommend that you synchronize the flight logs and back up the files before resetting.
2023-1-2
Use props
dwng
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-2 20:04
Hi dwng, may I ask if you sent the log to me via forum PM? I did not receive any message from your forum account. Could you please send it again? Since we haven't located the problem yet, we cannot guarantee factory reset will help or not. If you still want to try, we recommend that you synchronize the flight logs and back up the files before resetting.

Hi Mindy,

I replied to your email with the log rather than uploading it here in the forum. Unsure what the logs contains so I am uncomfortable attaching it here. It is about 110MB large. Hope you can enlighten me on privacy / security / info details of the logs, please. What are you looking for in the logs? Thanks.
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dwng Posted at 1-2 23:01
Hi Mindy,

I replied to your email with the log rather than uploading it here in the forum. Unsure what the logs contains so I am uncomfortable attaching it here. It is about 110MB large. Hope you can enlighten me on privacy / security / info details of the logs, please. What are you looking for in the logs? Thanks.

If it's not convenient to share the logs on the forum, you can directly send the logs to support@dji.com and then tell us the ticket number.
2023-1-2
Use props
dwng
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-2 23:42
If it's not convenient to share the logs on the forum, you can directly send the logs to  and then tell us the ticket number.

Mindy, I think you misunderstood my point. I was asking about privacy, security and insights to what is recorded in the logs. Not a matter of convenience since I have already attempted to send over logs via email to the email notification received from you or forum. Appreciate if you could make an attempt to provide some insights please. Thanks.

I have done a factory reset which did not resolve the problem. Emailed support (ID: 4766464). Thanks.
2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dwng Posted at 1-3 00:22
Mindy, I think you misunderstood my point. I was asking about privacy, security and insights to what is recorded in the logs. Not a matter of convenience since I have already attempted to send over logs via email to the email notification received from you or forum. Appreciate if you could make an attempt to provide some insights please. Thanks.

I have done a factory reset which did not resolve the problem. Emailed support (ID: 4766464). Thanks.

Thanks, we will forward the log to our corresponding team for further analysis.
2023-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules