2744 18 2022-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BramSchats
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2025817 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

I had this a couple of times now, using my GEPRC mark 5 with O3 air unit, DJI FPV controller 2 and goggles 2. Once in a while and within 50 meters away the quad displays RXLOSS and falls out of the sky. No harm done but definitely not something you want while flying. During flight i have full RX on goggles and controller!

Someone else experiencing this and what could be the cause of this?

Hope someone can help solving this.
2022-12-17
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you don't have GPS and return home after signal loss on your GEPRC, after losing video, you also will lose command of your drone (using O3 as RX), so when you see that the image is getting bad, go up and return immediately, this is also true for the Avata, but the Avata will return home.

2022-12-17
Use props
BramSchats
lvl.3
Netherlands

Interesting video but not exact what I am experiencing.

Image and transmission is perfect and there is no signal loss. still having video when RX is lost.

Is it possible to change failsafe settings in betaflight?

2022-12-18
Use props
CappyA330
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38648 ft
United States

BramSchats Posted at 12-18 01:23
Interesting video but not exact what I am experiencing.

Image and transmission is perfect and there is no signal loss. still having video when RX is lost.

Yes. In the Fail Safe tab, you can change that option. It defaults to "DROP".
2022-12-18
Use props
BramSchats
lvl.3
Netherlands

I can see that function. should I increase the Guard time from 0,4 seconds to 1,0 seconds for example? I think that increasing this time should be enough to regain control since there is a constant video signal.
2022-12-18
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

I believe what most people are finding is it's not a good idea to use the DJI Remote, instead get another remote like ELRS and install a receiver on the drone. That's what I did. I purchased the Radiomaster Zorro ELRS version and I'm not having any issues.
2022-12-18
Use props
BramSchats
lvl.3
Netherlands

I understand that but I am not going to change the way I use my receiver. Do I need to increase my guard time to find out the connection is recovered?
2022-12-19
Use props
FPVTrendz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1241020 ft
United States

BramSchats Posted at 12-19 09:52
I understand that but I am not going to change the way I use my receiver. Do I need to increase my guard time to find out the connection is recovered?

You can increase it, but keep in mind that during that 1 second or so the drone may be flying crazy or crashing to the ground. But increasing it may help you get it back and save the drone.
2022-12-19
Use props
Cesar Murillo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 438845 ft
Colombia

Same problem !   
87FFBA62-BB56-45D6-B73E-F166591B485C.jpeg
2022-12-25
Use props
MTourangeau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156759 ft
Canada

What the status on this? I'm having the same issue. less than 50 meters away.  Having this issue make me start not trusting the O3 Air Unit. No, I'm not going to buy another RC and ELRS receiver. I would like to see the O3 Air Unit logs to see what's happening. I looking to know if the O3 lose connection with the RC or if it's between the O3 and the FC. I'm new in FPV so it's hard for me to dig into the Beta Flight Logs to understand the problem. If we can see the O3 Air unit logs that would be very helpful.
2023-8-7
Use props
MTourangeau
lvl.2
Canada

BramSchats Posted at 2022-12-18 05:34
I can see that function. should I increase the Guard time from 0,4 seconds to 1,0 seconds for example? I think that increasing this time should be enough to regain control since there is a constant video signal.

Bram, did you give it a try? Does increasing the guard time fixed your problem?
2023-8-7
Use props
Elephant Apocalypse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lost one of my drones due to this.   Never did find it, I concluded it was a connection issue with the DJI controller 2, switched to ELRS never looked back
2023-8-7
Use props
MTourangeau
lvl.2
Canada

Hope this will be fixed in the next firmware.
2023-9-1
Use props
djiuser_Wvc8ifu89foh
lvl.2

Botswana

I got my first o3 unit very excited, using my v2 controller .. 3 x faisafes in 10 flights, all in less than 100m.So what now...
2023-9-7
Use props
djiuser_Wvc8ifu89foh
lvl.2

Botswana

I had 3 x faisafes in 10 flights. So dji controller v2 has problems with dji o3 unit.
2023-9-7
Use props
BramSchats
lvl.3
Netherlands

I had approx 10 flights today also! Also got 2 times rxloss!

Hope this issue is solved in next fw!
2023-9-7
Use props
Ricky Aerial Photography
lvl.3
Hong Kong

I suspect the problem is caused by the CPU in the flight controller overloading. If the flight contoller is momentarily overloaded, the serial_bus that connect to the DJI O3 is either shutoff or out of sync. I have multiple rxloss(es) in one flight with idle CPU loading in betaflight 4.4.3 of around 47%. I changed a few parameters, for example, lowering PID loop frequency to 2Hz, dShot 300 instead of 600, and etc. The CPU load reduces to around 31%. I do the test flight again with no rxloss. My quad is a Diatone Roma F4 with M10 GPS installed. Mamba F722 Mini Mk2 flight controller and Dshot 600 ESC Heli_S. I use DJI Remote Controller 2 with Auto tranmission setting in DJI Goggle Integra.

I tried the same trick in my other quad without GPS, e.g. PID loop frequency changed to 4Hz, idle CPU in betaflight is around 35% and get no rxloss. M10 GPS may be taking up a lot of CPU resources.
Hope this answers to the misunderstanding of O3 sBUS receiver maybe faulty. Betaflight deveopment team should look into this issue seriously. The behaviour of the Flight Controller should be changed, e.g. give priority to sBUS receiver and take off GPS monitoring if it is momentarily overloaded.

2023-12-31
Use props
fans81504005
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

BramSchats Posted at 2023-9-7 11:02
I had approx 10 flights today also! Also got 2 times rxloss!

Hope this issue is solved in next fw!

Did you ever get this working properly.
2-6 12:01
Use props
djiuser_87iHIRBe9GK0
New

Brazil

Ricky Aerial Photography Posted at 2023-12-31 19:27
I suspect the problem is caused by the CPU in the flight controller overloading. If the flight contoller is momentarily overloaded, the serial_bus that connect to the DJI O3 is either shutoff or out of sync. I have multiple rxloss(es) in one flight with idle CPU loading in betaflight 4.4.3 of around 47%. I changed a few parameters, for example, lowering PID loop frequency to 2Hz, dShot 300 instead of 600, and etc. The CPU load reduces to around 31%. I do the test flight again with no rxloss. My quad is a Diatone Roma F4 with M10 GPS installed. Mamba F722 Mini Mk2 flight controller and Dshot 600 ESC Heli_S. I use DJI Remote Controller 2 with Auto tranmission setting in DJI Goggle Integra.

I tried the same trick in my other quad without GPS, e.g. PID loop frequency changed to 4Hz, idle CPU in betaflight is around 35% and get no rxloss. M10 GPS may be taking up a lot of CPU resources.

Também estou tendo este problema rxloos já não sei mais o que fazer vou tentar fazer o que o amigo falou
3-2 16:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules