Post 12/8/2022 Firmware - No OSD! & No Left-Menu in Goggles2
1127 10 2022-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeOrgeron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59921 ft

United States

I have an Avata w/ Goggles 2 and Hand Motion Controller which worked properly (in every aspect) prior to the firmware update.
Upon 'Succcessfully Updated' completion of the firmware update, I shut it down and awaited till the next morning/daylight to fly.
Upon starting up following the update, I believe it complained about needing to be connected for someother update (it may have been a battery-firmware).  I hooked up my Android phone w/the DJI Fly app and allowed it to (re)complete(?) the subsequent update.
With the phone still connected I started the motors successfully and intitated auto-takeoff and immediately notices that I had NO OSD (On-Screen Display).  No height/distance/battery-info/storage-info/bitrate/signal-strength.  The ONLY overlay on the Goggles 2 display was the "block-messages" like 'Motors Starting' or 'Warning - Restricted Zone'.  
ALSO, I noticed that I the menu-indicators (thin gray bar) at the top of the screen and bottom, but NONE on the left side.
Swipping up, gives me the camera-detail menu; Swiping down, provides the menu with the screen-lock, brightness, and volume .... but NO HeadTracking icon.
Lastly, (another 'new feature' that I noticed) is that at times, the left-side of the Goggles2 (opposite side of the touch-pad) LIGHTS UP with what appears as a VERY BRIGHT "A" -- thru those little holes that I thought were only for ventilation.  

I have tried going into the DJI Fly app with all three(3) devices powered and connected to check Firmware and it notes that "Devices Up To Date".
I have tried connecting the DJI Assistant 2 (consumer drone) ...connecting each device one at a time and despite each device making the USB-connected sound, the Hand-Controller is the only device that causes the screen to change to the 'Select Device' option.  Once connected with the Motion Controller, it DID allow me to successfully downgrade the firmware of the Motion Contoller.  Then powering-up all three devices (w/Goggles 2 connected to my phone running the DJI Fly app) the downgrade of the Motion Controller made NO difference, so -- I used the Fly app to goto Settings/Firmware where it now noted that "An Update Is Available" (...assuming to go BACK up one firmware version for the Motion Controller...) which I allowed it to upgrade and it appeared to 'touch' each device (as each SEEMED to beep and/or make a noise) during the on Goggles2/phone-screen progress meter.
UNFORTUNATELY, upon completion the Goggles 2 still had NO OSD nor Left-Menu (or head-tracking icon on top-menu).
Please help or suggest a possible fix.
2022-12-17
Use props
Dagger100
New

United States

Hello, I have the same setup and I am new to this, so I am looking at the gatyas for this,  Has there been any new updates to the issue you report here?
2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, JoeOrgeron. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. Since the issue was observed after updating the firmware, we highly recommend refreshing the firmware of the devices.
Here are the steps on how to refresh the firmware of the goggles, remote controller, and aircraft:
1. On your computer, install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from this link. Once installed, launch the DJI Assistant 2.
2. Connect the DJI Goggles 2/Remote Controller/Avata to the computer with a USB cable.
3. Power on the device.  After the software recognizes it, click the device name icon.
4. Select "Firmware Update" from the left-hand side and choose the option to "Update" or "Refresh" whichever is available. Refresh the devices one by one.
Once done, restart the devices, relink, and check if the same issue persists. In case it remains the same, kindly share a photo of the goggles' on-screen display to further check.
Kindly keep us updated. Have a nice day.
2022-12-18
Use props
JoeOrgeron
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony,
Thanks for the reply and the information offered.
I successfully upgraded my DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) v2.1.15 -- which worked better than v2.1.14.  (In v2.1.14, only my Hand Controller was being detected.)
With the v2.1.15, all three devices were properly detected and allowed me to Refresh (or Upgrade) to the current version.
Unfortunately, after bringing all three to 'Current', shutting/powering-down ALL three devices and starting up, the issue with the absence of the normal OSD information and the absence of any left-menu bar is still present.  As you requested in your reply, I took three screen-captures of the Goggles2 screen while testing.

Image AvataScreen_1.jpg shows the Top (swipe-down) Menu that does NOT have the Head-Tracking icon/option ever since this issue started

Image AvataScreen_2.jpg shows the Bottom (swipe-up) Menu that I can only assume appears normal.

Image AvataScreen_3.jpg was a screen capture with the Top & Bottom Menu collapsed and TRYING to show the light-gray thin-bars at the top and bottom (BUT NONE on the left) .... but it appears that the screen capture does not appear to capture these (perhaps too close to the edges).   I can attest that since this issue began, there has been NO light-gray thin-bar on the left side -- ....only top & bottom.  It also shows the lack of ANY OnScreenDisplay information ...with the exception of the "Make sure surrounding area...." and "Aircraft in low-power state", and of course, the red 'Remote ID' box when NOT connected to my phone.

Hopefully, you can figure out how to do some sort of master-reset of the Goggles2 so I can get the (very much needed) OSD & left-menu functionality back to normal.
2022-12-23
Use props
JoeOrgeron
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-18 20:40
Hi, JoeOrgeron. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry for the trouble caused. Since the issue was observed after updating the firmware, we highly recommend refreshing the firmware of the devices.
Here are the steps on how to refresh the firmware of the goggles, remote controller, and aircraft:
1. On your computer, install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) from this link. Once installed, launch the DJI Assistant 2.

Have you had a chance to look at my reply?
Any further questions or suggestions?
--JoeOrgeron
2022-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JoeOrgeron Posted at 2022-12-30 07:49
--JoeOrgeron

Hi, Joe. Apologies for the delayed response. And thank you for sharing the screenshots with us. We have reported your concern to our related team for feedback. We will have you updated the soonest time possible. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. Have a nice day.
2023-1-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JoeOrgeron Posted at 2022-12-30 07:49
--JoeOrgeron

Hi, Joe. To give you an update, we have received feedback from our related team, and we need to collect additional details specifically the logs for analysis. We sent you a PM to collect the required data. Kindly check and respond whenever you're available. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
2023-1-3
Use props
JoeOrgeron
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-3 00:26
Hi, Joe. To give you an update, we have received feedback from our related team, and we need to collect additional details specifically the logs for analysis. We sent you a PM to collect the required data. Kindly check and respond whenever you're available. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

DJI Tony,

Per your request, I opened the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone) program, then plugged in my Goggles 2 and chose the Export Log Option.  I was posed with many different log 'indexes'.  I opted to select (I believe) three of them on December 8th 2022 (Post-20221208) when I first believed that the firmware (v01.03.0000) was installed.  Then I figured it may be beneficial to also include at least one log from PRIOR to the firmware update (Pre-20221208).  Links to these two separate (Post & Pre upgrade) are below.

This is the POST - Dec 8th upgrade log
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgvWuzNyC7itjfgeZCty_9sNI9M1vQ?e=T6JxE8

This is the PRE - Dec 8th log
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgvWuzNyC7itjfgdPxaZid34RGvAZw?e=mlDhGk

Please let me know (via reply) if this is what you needed, OR if additional information is requested in order to resolve this issue.
--JoeO
2023-1-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JoeOrgeron Posted at 1-3 08:14
DJI Tony,

Per your request, I opened the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone) program, then plugged in my Goggles 2 and chose the Export Log Option.  I was posed with many different log 'indexes'.  I opted to select (I believe) three of them on December 8th 2022 (Post-20221208) when I first believed that the firmware (v01.03.0000) was installed.  Then I figured it may be beneficial to also include at least one log from PRIOR to the firmware update (Pre-20221208).  Links to these two separate (Post & Pre upgrade) are below.

Thank you for sharing the logs with us, Joe. This will be sent to our designated team for further analysis. We will keep you posted on any feedback or updates. Keep safe.
2023-1-4
Use props
JoeOrgeron
lvl.1

United States

UPDATE:  Issue Seemingly Resolved --
It appears that my issue was directly related to some sort of corruption on the MicroSD card/chip that was inserted in the Goggles2. The only 'oddity' on the card that I could find was a Goggles flight recording (*.MOV file) that had a non-zero, yet unusually small size that would NOT play, NOR allow me to delete it. Anytime THAT chip was placed in the Goggles, the reported problem would be present, and when absent (or a different, formatted MicroSD inserted) the Goggles2 responded properly.  
Thanks to the team for the assistance in resolving and be aware that corrupted MOV files on the MicrosSD inserted into the Goggles2, MAY potentially cause the Goggles2 to exhibit this weird: No Left-Menu / No OSD behavior.  --JoeO
2023-2-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JoeOrgeron Posted at 2-9 08:44
UPDATE:  Issue Seemingly Resolved --
It appears that my issue was directly related to some sort of corruption on the MicroSD card/chip that was inserted in the Goggles2. The only 'oddity' on the card that I could find was a Goggles flight recording (*.MOV file) that had a non-zero, yet unusually small size that would NOT play, NOR allow me to delete it. Anytime THAT chip was placed in the Goggles, the reported problem would be present, and when absent (or a different, formatted MicroSD inserted) the Goggles2 responded properly.  
Thanks to the team for the assistance in resolving and be aware that corrupted MOV files on the MicrosSD inserted into the Goggles2, MAY potentially cause the Goggles2 to exhibit this weird: No Left-Menu / No OSD behavior.  --JoeO

Hi, Joe. Thanks for the update. We are pleased to know that you managed to isolate and resolve the issue. And we have noted your feedback regarding the corrupted MOV files on the SD card. We appreciate you sharing what resolved your concern here. Should you have further concerns, please reach back here at DJI Forum. Have a nice day!
2023-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules