3860 35 2022-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fdnyfish
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7965640 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried flying a waypoint mission that I have set up as "Continue on signal lost" on my DJI RC.

Both tries the drone stopped on signal loss and did a RTH.

Has anyone tried a waypoint mission with  "Continue on signal lost" and had it complete the mission?

Screenshot_20221217-105332.png

app.airdata.com_flight_e5131d835a5451505e28d45b06a68639_GENERALNotifications.png

2022-12-17
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I made a new mission on my iPhone and original N1 remote, and the mission continued like programmed.  Is this a DJI RC issue??
2022-12-17
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 884301 ft
  • >>>
United States

fdnyfish Posted at 12-17 10:42
I made a new mission on my iPhone and original N1 remote, and the mission continued like programmed.  Is this a DJI RC issue??

did the mission rth because of signal loss alone or did it rth because of battery?  
2022-12-17
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-17 10:52
did the mission rth because of signal loss alone or did it rth because of battery?

Because of signal loss
2022-12-17
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So to respond to this.  Waypoints flight is not user ready.  Flaw;  what is global speed?  Get rid of it.  We set the speed from one WP to another individually, for flight to selected start wp, an RTH.  Get rid of global speed.

2.  Setting the drones altitude and direction does not work.   I set 120 meters.  400 feet.  My drone was supposed to hold 120m, from wp 1 to wp 2.  Nope.  It pointed sideways, an dropped in altitude so much it almost ended up in someones backyard.  Its such a bad fail that I don't dare use the feature until further update.

I did communicate with dji an fly off coverage an refresh coverage is still active during wp use.  The only reason why I tried it.  I can't post the footage because it goes so low an into airspace directly over peoples houses.

Finally.  One thing that is for sure.  Is RTH kicked in when my drone disconnected.  Normally, this would suck.  However, it actually saved my drone.  It was going into a tree or house if rth didn't kick in and work.  Which, btw dji.  I have my RTH altitude set the way I want it.  Please, REMOVE that dynamic rth thing.  It was going to fly my drone into a roof top.  I have no Idea why this drone changes altitude on its own.  

end rant.  
2022-12-17
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

To my knowledge the M3 waypoint mission relies on virtual sticks. Therefore, the mission will not continue once the signal is lost.
2022-12-17
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MeAtHome Posted at 12-17 11:47
To my knowledge the M3 waypoint mission relies on virtual sticks. Therefore, the mission will not continue once the signal is lost.

I can confirm it worked once with no virtual sticks.  I setup a mini mission when I first updated it in my house, launched it, and it worked no problem.  I am surprised of the failed mission today.
2022-12-17
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That appears not to be the case, as my second post says the drone continues with loss of controller connection like it should have. This was with my iPhone and original remote.

my height stayed constant during my waypoint mission.

You have to know your surroundings when doing waypoints, you need to make sure you adjust for terrain.
2022-12-17
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fdnyfish Posted at 12-17 12:02
That appears not to be the case, as my second post says the drone continues with loss of controller connection like it should have. This was with my iPhone and original remote.

my height stayed constant during my waypoint mission.

i did.  she flys drunk down down down.  i took all structure into consideration.  i don't like risks so i go way up.  you should see this.  i can't believe i didn't lose my drone.  ...i should have lost it.  its a miracle its back in my hands in good condition.
2022-12-17
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

To my knowledge the M3 waypoint mission relies on virtual sticks. Therefore, the mission will not continue once the signal is lost.

No it doesn’t….
2022-12-17
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-17 11:43
So to respond to this.  Waypoints flight is not user ready.  Flaw;  what is global speed?  Get rid of it.  We set the speed from one WP to another individually, for flight to selected start wp, an RTH.  Get rid of global speed.

2.  Setting the drones altitude and direction does not work.   I set 120 meters.  400 feet.  My drone was supposed to hold 120m, from wp 1 to wp 2.  Nope.  It pointed sideways, an dropped in altitude so much it almost ended up in someones backyard.  Its such a bad fail that I don't dare use the feature until further update.

So to respond to this.  Waypoints flight is not user ready.  Flaw;  what is global speed?  Get rid of it.  We set the speed from one WP to another individually, for flight to selected start wp, an RTH.  Get rid of global speed.

No matter what WP you use they all have default speed, global is exactly the same , this is not rocket science.

#2, post settings and video. And please post mission plan and execution .

2022-12-17
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-17 17:13
So to respond to this.  Waypoints flight is not user ready.  Flaw;  what is global speed?  Get rid of it.  We set the speed from one WP to another individually, for flight to selected start wp, an RTH.  Get rid of global speed.

how do I do this?
2022-12-17
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-17 17:13

It goes like this.  I launch it from resting on my deck, after I got satellites.  The wp above my head was 120m.  It went to that waypoint.  And then started to go to the next.  About 15-20 seconds goes by.  And I lose signal.  I had put the controller down.  Keep in mind this happened fast, and I expected a disconnect.  I figured the mission started fine, so I took my eye off it.  Anyway, the rth actually saves me, had the drone gone further, it would have crashed.  It descended from 120 m to about 50 m.  I have no idea why.  The next wp, wp 2 was 75 m.  It went way way below that.  So when I regained connection, I was like woa... I had to stop it, take over an fly back.  It saved me, but I was lucky.  If I get around to it I might post the screen recording.

my settings were simple.  just head from wp 1 to wp 2 at 120m, at speed i set.  i had hit record myself.  it was set to continue mission if it disconnected.  

The only reason I wanted to try the wp today was to see if it rth on disconnect.  It does...lol.
2022-12-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Surely if you disconnect from the controller during the mission it should RTH to be compliant with the RID rules that the drone must broadcast the location of the pilot,  if you disconnect during a waypoint mission you could them move to a new location and then this is not being broadcast correctly.
2022-12-18
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-17 18:05
It goes like this.  I launch it from resting on my deck, after I got satellites.  The wp above my head was 120m.  It went to that waypoint.  And then started to go to the next.  About 15-20 seconds goes by.  And I lose signal.  I had put the controller down.  Keep in mind this happened fast, and I expected a disconnect.  I figured the mission started fine, so I took my eye off it.  Anyway, the rth actually saves me, had the drone gone further, it would have crashed.  It descended from 120 m to about 50 m.  I have no idea why.  The next wp, wp 2 was 75 m.  It went way way below that.  So when I regained connection, I was like woa... I had to stop it, take over an fly back.  It saved me, but I was lucky.  If I get around to it I might post the screen recording.

my settings were simple.  just head from wp 1 to wp 2 at 120m, at speed i set.  i had hit record myself.  it was set to continue mission if it disconnected.  

If you want it to continue you have to set it to continue, its most likely you set it to rth.
2022-12-18
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 12-18 01:28
Surely if you disconnect from the controller during the mission it should RTH to be compliant with the RID rules that the drone must broadcast the location of the pilot,  if you disconnect during a waypoint mission you could them move to a new location and then this is not being broadcast correctly.

Thats a good point, but it can be set to continue the mission on loss of signal.
2022-12-18
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fdnyfish Posted at 12-17 17:44
how do I do this?

How do you do what?
2022-12-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-18 01:48
Thats a good point, but it can be set to continue the mission on loss of signal.

Yes but that wouldn't be compliant with RID.
2022-12-18
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 12-18 01:54

Im not sure there are some rules that cover autonomous and automatic flights . I would need to check them .
2022-12-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 12-18 01:56
Im not sure there are some rules that cover autonomous and automatic flights . I would need to check them .

In the rules I read the other day there wasnt an exception for autonomous flight for the RID.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id/drone_pilots
2022-12-18
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 12-18 02:56
In the rules I read the other day there wasnt an exception for autonomous flight for the RID.

https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id/drone_pilots

Strict term for this flight is automatic not autonomous being that autonomous is preset before flying and cannot be changed, automatic is said to be always under the control of the pilot, but this could be seen as just a failsafe similar to losing signal when normal flying which also would render RID not connected.
2022-12-18
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

No it is not true. Mavic 3 has real waypoints. Ihave tested it and works just fine even with the remote turned off
2022-12-18
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

That is strange. I tested it with the DJI RC and worked perfect. Turned off the remote anf it did complete the mission and return to home after
2022-12-18
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I love it how you invented a new RID requirement that does not exist.  Go on fascist book with it an tell the faa about it, so they can just secretly add the requirement.  
2022-12-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think the point of the rid comments is it's confusing, not only for the pilots but also for the enforcers.  the faa is not going to make any changes or "clear it up" at this point and we are going to be at the mercy of whomever decides to interpret it at the time.
2022-12-18
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My original post was not about rules, please start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.

Thanks
2022-12-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

That has zero to do with RID. The drone is broadcasting at all times. The controller location is stored and broadcast from the drone. If the controller is switched off/lost connection, its last location is still broadcast.
2022-12-18
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have done waypoints on both RC Pro and N1 remote, and used Global settings and set to continue with signal loss and all worked exactly as set.
2022-12-18
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-12-18
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fdnyfish Posted at 12-18 10:32
My original post was not about rules, please start your own thread instead of hijacking this one.

Thanks

I took my m3 out today.  I set new wp mission in a new area.  I did not test whether or not RTH would kick in if I lost signal.  Just testing out whether or not it actually worked, an held its altitude.  Everything worked fine today.  I am not sure why I lost altitude during my mission yesterday.  
2022-12-18
Use props
fdnyfish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here is a waypoint mission with my controller turned off

2022-12-18
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fdnyfish Posted at 12-18 11:39
Here is a waypoint mission with my controller turned off

https://youtu.be/3zEsbG7EXLE

Brilliant test and went well,  Thanks for sharing.
2022-12-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-18 04:44
I love it how you invented a new RID requirement that does not exist.  Go on fascist book with it an tell the faa about it, so they can just secretly add the requirement.

What do you mean doesn't exist?   Under RID the location of the pilot has to be broadcast as well as the location of the drone.  
2022-12-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-18 10:34
That has zero to do with RID. The drone is broadcasting at all times. The controller location is stored and broadcast from the drone. If the controller is switched off/lost connection, its last location is still broadcast.

Except if the controller moves the drone is supposed to broadcast the updated location.
2022-12-19
Use props
djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-19 00:48
Except if the controller moves the drone is supposed to broadcast the updated location.

Buddy, do not talk about regulation in this thread again.  Start your own!  No one wants to hear it here!
2022-12-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_EEXtim8SFbZ6 Posted at 12-19 07:44
Buddy, do not talk about regulation in this thread again.  Start your own!  No one wants to hear it here!

Well.  That’s charming of you.  
2022-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules