8710 62 2022-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any idea if my RC Pro Enterprise is compatible with anything outside of the small Enterprise product line? My M3E is great but DJI has made it's video mode totally useless. DJI's only sugestion is to buy a Mavic 3 that has these features. I didn't realize taking video was a special feature in 2022/2023, but that's a different rant... I just feel like the RC Pro Enterprise is the exact same hardware as the RC Pro. Just with an added microphone and 2 internal antennas. For anyone who's curious my Mavic Air 2 with the RCN1 gets the exact same range as the new RC Pro Enterprise.
2022-12-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Maybe similar hardware, but completely different software functions that affect the operating system...   
2022-12-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 12-17 09:32
Maybe similar hardware, but completely different software functions that affect the operating system...

Most people would probably believe that and accept it as a valid reason. I'm not buying it though. Software limitations can be overcome with firmware updates in most cases.

If you're right than explain this to me...
The RC-N1 can swap between O2 and O3 depending on what drone it's connected to. So you're telling me you can swap between O2/O3 but O3/O3E are totally different protocols..? The RC Pro couldn't do O3E because of needing 2 additional antennas, but it could definitely work the other way around. I wish someone could even tell me the difference in the two O3 standards.
2022-12-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-17 10:03
Most people would probably believe that and accept it as a valid reason. I'm not buying it though. Software limitations can be overcome with firmware updates in most cases.

If you're right than explain this to me...

Would you like to use the
    DJI RC Plus to control the Mavic 3
or vice versa the
    DJI RC Pro together with your M3E...?

I would like to use that DJI RC Plus because of the brightness, the additional knobs, ..., maybe the better range (signal strength) ...

I beleave, that could be possible to be developed, but won't come true...
The DJI RC Pro won't be able to control the M3E.
2022-12-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 12-17 13:43
Would you like to use the
    DJI RC Plus to control the Mavic 3
or vice versa the

No, neither. I never said anything about the RC Plus. I have the M3E & RC Pro Enterprise I'm trying to find out if I can fly a Mavic 3 with my RC Pro Enterprise it is totally identical to the normal RC Pro and unless you look for some small text on the back, you'd never know it was different.
2022-12-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Maybe this will help - https://spheredrones.com.au/blog ... pro-plus-comparison
2022-12-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-17 14:17
Maybe this will help - https://spheredrones.com.au/blogs/resources/dji-rc-pro-plus-comparison

Thank you that is the best comparison I've seen so far. It is pretty clear that these are the same piece of hardware though. RC Pro Enterprise has extra storage and only compatible with a single drone. Way to go DJI, for screwing your Enterprise customers again. Compatibility would be easy but they'd rather force someone into buying something they already own.  
2022-12-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Johnnokomis. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience but DJI RC Pro Enterprise remote controller only supports DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series. Your kind understanding is much appreciated.
2022-12-17
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-17 14:02
No, neither. I never said anything about the RC Plus. I have the M3E & RC Pro Enterprise I'm trying to find out if I can fly a Mavic 3 with my RC Pro Enterprise it is totally identical to the normal RC Pro and unless you look for some small text on the back, you'd never know it was different.

Oh, sorry, sorry, sorry, a misunderstanding on my part...
I hadn't thought about the "DJI RC Enterprise" at all, because I kept thinking about the "DJI RC Plus"...   

That should certainly be possible if "only" the internal memory is different...

2022-12-17
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-17 18:32
Hi, Johnnokomis. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience but DJI RC Pro Enterprise remote controller only supports DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise Series. Your kind understanding is much appreciated.

Thank you for answering my question but understanding is not at all how I feel about the situation. It wouldn't take much effort to make these two products of yours compatible. Actually, DJI made these two incompatible intentionally. The Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Enterprise shouldn't even share the same Mavic name. Sure, the hardware is the same but DJI has made them as incompatible with each other as possible. Same with the two RC Pros.  
2022-12-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-18 08:57
Thank you for answering my question but understanding is not at all how I feel about the situation. It wouldn't take much effort to make these two products of yours compatible. Actually, DJI made these two incompatible intentionally. The Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Enterprise shouldn't even share the same Mavic name. Sure, the hardware is the same but DJI has made them as incompatible with each other as possible. Same with the two RC Pros.

On what do you base yourself to write that it will not require effort to make them compatible?
Are you sure the hardware is the same?  Do you know what the management of RTK in a hardware firmware involves?
We all understand your disappointment, and the only solution the forum can give you for now is to tell you to buy a drone that meets your needs.
Otherwise, you still have the option of communicating with DJI through your DJI importer.

2022-12-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-18 08:57

Hi, Johnnokomis. I understand how you feel and I'm sorry if I cannot give you the answer that you wanted. The enterprise series have a different level of programming for its software (DJI O3 Enterprise Transmission) that it won't be able to connect to the Consumer series drones. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-12-19
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-19 05:05
Hi, Johnnokomis. I understand how you feel and I'm sorry if I cannot give you the answer that you wanted. The enterprise series have a different level of programming for its software (DJI O3 Enterprise Transmission) that it won't be able to connect to the Consumer series drones. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I know what it's like working customer support, I'm not blaming you for this at all. Anyone even remotely familiar with the subject knows that backwards compatibility is possible. The Air 2S can do both O2 & O3 but the same can't be said with two O3 versions?  This wouldn't even be an issue if the M3E had the handcuffs taken off that DJI has. This is supposed to be the flagship line of Mavic 3s yet the Classic offers far more.
2022-12-19
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-18 10:23
On what do you base yourself to write that it will not require effort to make them compatible?
Are you sure the hardware is the same?  Do you know what the management of RTK in a hardware firmware involves?
We all understand your disappointment, and the only solution the forum can give you for now is to tell you to buy a drone that meets your needs.

Boom, this enough proof to base my claim..? So yes this proves that these two are in fact the exact same controller in every way possible.
Don't believe me..? Here's the direct link https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/SS3-RM51021/5594572.pdf

FCC Report.JPG
2022-12-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-19 19:03
Boom, this enough proof to base my claim..? So yes this proves that these two are in fact the exact same controller in every way possible.
Don't believe me..? Here's the direct link https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/SS3-RM51021/5594572.pdf

"Boom" But how old are you my friend?

Your document is pretty, it tends to prove that the TX/RX module is the same in the three radio controls. This is not a scoop, just look at the frequency specifications on the DJI site.

The radio controllers are made of several modules, It would be easy to compare them by opening them. On the other hand, to know what is in the firmware is more complicated.

And as the lady has already wrote you, there are radios that work with OccuSync2 / o3+(RM510) others with O3 Enterprise Transmission (RM510B). Here is the origin of your problem, the cause is purely you who did not read.

So why do you keep hurting yourself? You bought the drone without testing it without checking that it met your needs, it's not a tragedy, you made a mistake that's all. The moderator courteously wrote that the upgrade proposal has been taken into account and passed on. What else do you want ?
2022-12-19
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-19 19:03

For you who like source evidence, you will be served. Check out the official DJI website, the ROM of the 510 is 32Gb, or that of the 510B is 64Gb.
Consequently, your document speaks of the transmission module but not of the rest. Or DJI lied to the American administration! OMG as you say

"Are the same circuit design, PCB layout, electrical components used, internal wiring and functions"
How do you say ? Oh yes ! BOOM

It's okay just kidding don't get mad. I am a user like you who one day was disappointed by DJI, and probably it was not the last time. Here it's more a user support forum made by the users themselves, as much to tell you that nobody is going to release you a new firmware here. At the limit the forum can be used to organize a collective action of dissatisfied users, but it is not worth coming to unpack the evidence here.

Organize yourself, write a serious thoughtful email. And send it massively to this address:
enterprise@dji.com

When they receive 20+ times the same email from everywhere they may start to move faster. I will gladly join the cause, and will enjoin my colleagues who are not users of the forum to also forward the email.
2022-12-19
Use props
fans1642fbd3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1125233 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Even if the level of programming is different. I cannot really understand why DJI doesn't allow to install the DJI Fly App and use it with other drones which don't need the extra programming?

Right now I would need to buy 2 DJI RC Pro devices one for my video drone and one for the inspection drone which is a waste of money and time to charge them...
2022-12-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

fans1642fbd3 Posted at 12-20 14:45
Even if the level of programming is different. I cannot really understand why DJI doesn't allow to install the DJI Fly App and use it with other drones which don't need the extra programming?

Right now I would need to buy 2 DJI RC Pro devices one for my video drone and one for the inspection drone which is a waste of money and time to charge them...

Yes, with the flip of a switch DJI could make this controller usable with the rest of the Mavic 3 line. Even if the Enterprise series uses an extra frequency band, that spectrum can be shut off when using it with the consumer drones. Anyone who knows the term "channel hopping" can understand this. Any DJI drone/RC released in the past three+ years is capable of doing this.
2022-12-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-20 15:18
Yes, with the flip of a switch DJI could make this controller usable with the rest of the Mavic 3 line. Even if the Enterprise series uses an extra frequency band, that spectrum can be shut off when using it with the consumer drones. Anyone who knows the term "channel hopping" can understand this. Any DJI drone/RC released in the past three+ years is capable of doing this.

You are stubborn in not wanting to understand.  Frequency hopping has nothing to do with it.  It's a matter of protocol.  o2 o3 o3+... This problem is not new, it was already present on Futaba RCs with FHSS, SFHSS... and Spektrum protocols with DSM, DSM2, DSMx.  Technology is evolving!
2022-12-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-20 15:36
You are stubborn in not wanting to understand.  Frequency hopping has nothing to do with it.  It's a matter of protocol.  o2 o3 o3+... This problem is not new, it was already present on Futaba RCs with FHSS, SFHSS... and Spektrum protocols with DSM, DSM2, DSMx.  Technology is evolving!

As I've already proven, the hardware is identical. So even IF the protocol is completely different, it can swap between them while using their respective apps to control the drone. DJI Fly being used- O3 is the protocol. Pilot 2 being used- O3 Enterprise is the protocol. This isn't rocket science my friend. How do you think dual band WiFi routers are possible? 2.4 and 5 Ghz are two generationally separated protocols but the same tiny box is more than capable. O3 Enterprise uses an extra band but that doesn't mean it's necessary for the remote to function.
2022-12-20
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Why don't you do install Fly and see if it works?
2022-12-20
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 12-20 19:36
Why don't you do install Fly and see if it works?

This is why. You can't..

2022-12-20
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-20 16:47
As I've already proven, the hardware is identical. So even IF the protocol is completely different, it can swap between them while using their respective apps to control the drone. DJI Fly being used- O3 is the protocol. Pilot 2 being used- O3 Enterprise is the protocol. This isn't rocket science my friend. How do you think dual band WiFi routers are possible? 2.4 and 5 Ghz are two generationally separated protocols but the same tiny box is more than capable. O3 Enterprise uses an extra band but that doesn't mean it's necessary for the remote to function.

As I've already proven, the hardware is not identical. But once again you refuse to read to the end and understand what you are being told.
It's not rocket science, that's for sure, but still, go take a look at school to document yourself before writing nonsense.
Frequency is one thing, but there is also:
-Protocol
-Modulation
-Bandwidth
-Data Rates

As for your other thread:

I won't bother to answer you anymore, I understand that you are not ready to read, analyze, and make rational decisions following these answers. I wish you good luck.

2022-12-20
Use props
Divographics
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1125233 ft
  • >>>
Greece

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-20 22:43
As I've already proven, the hardware is not identical. But once again you refuse to read to the end and understand what you are being told.
It's not rocket science, that's for sure, but still, go take a look at school to document yourself before writing nonsense.
Frequency is one thing, but there is also:

Even if that's the case there could be compatibility with a similar DJI Fly app only for the DJI RC PRO enterprise.

I really cannot understand why someone should have 2-3 different controllers to fly their drone from the same company. In most mirrorless or DSLR cameras there is compatibility with accessories / batteries etc. otherwise photographers should have been carrying a ton in batteries every time...
2022-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-19 11:09
I know what it's like working customer support, I'm not blaming you for this at all. Anyone even remotely familiar with the subject knows that backwards compatibility is possible. The Air 2S can do both O2 & O3 but the same can't be said with two O3 versions?  This wouldn't even be an issue if the M3E had the handcuffs taken off that DJI has. This is supposed to be the flagship line of Mavic 3s yet the Classic offers far more.

Hi, Johnnokomis. I understand how convenient it will be for DJI users if the RC Pro Enterprise is compatible with the Mavic 3 Series. However, the devices you're suggesting are from different series and I don't wanna give you false hope that they will be compatible in the future as DJI has no plan on doing it since they have separate development. If what you need is the features from the Mavic 3, you may sell your Mavic 3 Enterprise and then purchase the Mavic 3. This is the best solution that I can think of for this situation. Thank you for your kind understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2022-12-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Divographics Posted at 12-21 00:47
Even if that's the case there could be compatibility with a similar DJI Fly app only for the DJI RC PRO enterprise.

I really cannot understand why someone should have 2-3 different controllers to fly their drone from the same company. In most mirrorless or DSLR cameras there is compatibility with accessories / batteries etc. otherwise photographers should have been carrying a ton in batteries every time...

It mostly depends on how you work. In my company, each drone has its dedicated radio control, for several reasons:
-The operator does not have to worry about the compatibility of the material when he perceives the package.
-In the event of an incident on a radio, the operator can use his "spare" drone which also has his radio.

Usually we operate with an M300 and a spare Mavic. The biggest percentage of failure is the untimely updates that do not pass. No network, not enough energy in the radio battery... Although with the M300 this situation does not arise often.

With the Mavic the mapping will take longer, but between that and having to travel hundreds of km because I only have one radio, the choice is quickly made.

It's a safe bet that DJI made this choice in this direction.

And then seriously, do you imagine a SAR team asking what to do with which radio at the fateful moment? I maintain, the enterprise range is made to be out of the box and work.

When customers want higher quality levels, the choice falls on M300 and third-party payload for high level survey, M2P M3cine Mini3 for video content.

I have no shame in saying that I use an M2P and M2Z when needed. Just because they don't have the enterprise label doesn't mean the quality of the work is affected.

Afterwards, I completely agree on the undeniable fact that this is a lot of equipment to carry.
2022-12-21
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-21 07:35
It mostly depends on how you work. In my company, each drone has its dedicated radio control, for several reasons:
-The operator does not have to worry about the compatibility of the material when he perceives the package.
-In the event of an incident on a radio, the operator can use his "spare" drone which also has his radio.

I too fly M300s on a daily basis for work. They're a very strong and capable drone. So if I'm 12 hours away from home on a job (like I will be next week) with an M300 and a Mavic 3E as back up, cross-compatibility would be very reassuring. If a controller goes out I know I have a second one with me that will work equally as good. The way it is now I have two separate points of failure for each system. The simple fact of being able to be controlled over LTE in some places means the protocol is adaptable to some extent.
2022-12-21
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 01:14
Hi, Johnnokomis. I understand how convenient it will be for DJI users if the RC Pro Enterprise is compatible with the Mavic 3 Series. However, the devices you're suggesting are from different series and I don't wanna give you false hope that they will be compatible in the future as DJI has no plan on doing it since they have separate development. If what you need is the features from the Mavic 3, you may sell your Mavic 3 Enterprise and then purchase the Mavic 3. This is the best solution that I can think of for this situation. Thank you for your kind understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I genuinely appreciate your honesty. I know there's nothing within your powers to make this compatibility happen. I just have to say though, the Air 2S and Mavic 3 share the same remote and those two are very much from different series products. With that established, two products that share the same "Mavic 3" name shouldn't be too much of a request.  They have interchangeable props, batteries, chargers, lens filters, controller hardware and more. I just hope that you can forward our simple request to others at your company that might can make this happen. So many of us have been very outspoken in the Pro Systems section of your forum and there hasn't been any DJI involvement in the conversation. Thank you again for the honesty in your replies.
2022-12-21
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 01:14
Hi, Johnnokomis. I understand how convenient it will be for DJI users if the RC Pro Enterprise is compatible with the Mavic 3 Series. However, the devices you're suggesting are from different series and I don't wanna give you false hope that they will be compatible in the future as DJI has no plan on doing it since they have separate development. If what you need is the features from the Mavic 3, you may sell your Mavic 3 Enterprise and then purchase the Mavic 3. This is the best solution that I can think of for this situation. Thank you for your kind understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

So DJIs big devolopement team can't acomplish this compatibility request, but I can? Let me explain.. this wasn't hard to do. These two RCs have different firmwares locking them to only the consumer Mavic series, or only to the Enterprise Mavic. The one and only other difference is the name on the back of the controller. How do I know this to be the case..? Because my RC Pro Enterprise (RM511) is now an RC Pro (RM510).
So compatibility is only a firmware flash away. DJI has taken greedy to a whole new level. Trying to force us to buy one drone to map/model with and a seperate drone if we want good looking pictures and videos. That's not enough planned obsolescence though. DJI wants to force you to buy two IDENTICAL $1200 RCs. The best way I can prove the cross flashing was successful is by showing DJI assistant listing my RC Pro Enterprise with the consumer firmware version. If anyone is wondering, yes it will easily flash back to the Enterprise firmware.  

It leads me to assume that this would work in the opposite direction too, though I can't confirm that. DJI says this can't be compatible because they have two different dev teams. Somehow I, with very little experence, was able to do it in a few hours. I don't expect a reply but I would love to hear the reasoning behind this.

2022-12-23
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

2022-12-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Johnnokomis Posted at 12-21 12:15
I genuinely appreciate your honesty. I know there's nothing within your powers to make this compatibility happen. I just have to say though, the Air 2S and Mavic 3 share the same remote and those two are very much from different series products. With that established, two products that share the same "Mavic 3" name shouldn't be too much of a request.  They have interchangeable props, batteries, chargers, lens filters, controller hardware and more. I just hope that you can forward our simple request to others at your company that might can make this happen. So many of us have been very outspoken in the Pro Systems section of your forum and there hasn't been any DJI involvement in the conversation. Thank you again for the honesty in your replies.

Hi, Johnnokomis. Thank you for understanding. Don't worry, about that, I can help you with it. I'll be more than happy to forward your insight to our relevant team for further consideration. Thank you for your valued support. Happy Holidays!
2022-12-26
Use props
Dronecrashfieldexpert
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3577717 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 2022-12-19 22:33
"Boom"  But how old are you my friend?

Your document is pretty, it tends to prove that the TX/RX module is the same in the three radio controls. This is not a scoop, just look at the frequency specifications on the DJI site.

Did you read the letter DJI provided to the FCC? The issue here is the result of a commercial decision by the manufacturer, so whilst it is still a technical issue, it's deliberate, and only an issue from the consumer point of view, since I'd guarantee that DJI would see it as being an assett, since it increases the profitability of this particular piece of hardware. Since the differences you are making assumptions about, don't exist, and the letter above confirms this categorically.

They are the same controller physically, save for the model number printed on the label.

There are two models, and the difference between these is that one ships with consumer firmware, the other with enterprise firmware and this allows them to avoid developing two hardware products whil offering different features for the same hardware at different price points to make more money.

This is a commercial decision to prevent one controller operating both drones.

If DJI allowed end users to load either firmware without restriction, or released firmware that was compatible with both enterprise & consumer products then the remote would operate both aircraft without issue, it's that simple. One day, some wise guy will gain root access and then it may become a reality, and this, my arrogant friend, is the extent of the technical nature of the issue.

It's intentional, to prevent the cheaper consumer product undermining the price tag of the more expensive enterprise product.

It'd be appreciated if you could be a good sport and pay more attention to the details, before being overwhelmed by the need to share your incorrect opinion on things in future. That's the way.
2023-3-7
Use props
Dronecrashfieldexpert
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3577717 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LV_Forestry Posted at 2022-12-19 22:52
For you who like source evidence, you will be served. Check out the official DJI website, the ROM of the 510 is 32Gb, or that of the 510B is 64Gb.
Consequently, your document speaks of the transmission module but not of the rest. Or DJI lied to the American administration! OMG as you say

You are still making assumptions. The joke is on you. Flash memory can be attached as a separate module, but more likely to reduce production cost it will be soldered to the same pcb, which means that the software is formatting the same flash memory to use its full capacity (physically) or half.
You think this makes no sense? It's cheaper to make identical boards at high volume than it is to make two separate boards one with higher spec components at two separate and smaller volumes. If you don't understand or believe what I'm saying, I can't help you, it's the result of your own lack of knowledge for the economies of scale in manufacturing this kind of product. Just ask DJI,foxconn,qualcomm,etc.
2023-3-7
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Dronecrashfieldexpert Posted at 3-7 06:24
You are still making assumptions. The joke is on you. Flash memory can be attached as a separate module, but more likely to reduce production cost it will be soldered to the same pcb, which means that the software is formatting the same flash memory to use its full capacity (physically) or half.
You think this makes no sense? It's cheaper to make identical boards at high volume than it is to make two separate boards one with higher spec components at two separate and smaller volumes. If you don't understand or believe what I'm saying, I can't help you, it's the result of your own lack of knowledge for the economies of scale in manufacturing this kind of product. Just ask DJI,foxconn,qualcomm,etc.

I haven't read but I agree.
2023-3-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

let it go
let it go
2023-3-7
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

The reason I have finally let it go is because I know DJI is never going to fix what they have intentionally broken. They think they're playing the long game and will make more profit down the road with these decisions. The joke is on them though. Their time is ticking and they have at the very max 3 years left to squeeze this drone market for every dime they can. Anyone who thinks tensions between the West and China will improve is delusional. The line between DJI and the CCP has become increasingly blurred. They'll be slowly banned from selling anything to most countries over the next 3 years.

It's not all bad though. I'll bet the home mortgage some smart person will gain root access to the RC Pro line of products before the end of the year. It's recently been achieved on the lower tier DJI RC. It's sad that it takes this kind of hacking just to achieve what DJI could offer with a firmware update tomorrow.
2023-3-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-7 10:14
The reason I have finally let it go is because I know DJI is never going to fix what they have intentionally broken. They think they're playing the long game and will make more profit down the road with these decisions. The joke is on them though. Their time is ticking and they have at the very max 3 years left to squeeze this drone market for every dime they can. Anyone who thinks tensions between the West and China will improve is delusional. The line between DJI and the CCP has become increasingly blurred. They'll be slowly banned from selling anything to most countries over the next 3 years.

It's not all bad though. I'll bet the home mortgage some smart person will gain root access to the RC Pro line of products before the end of the year. It's recently been achieved on the lower tier DJI RC. It's sad that it takes this kind of hacking just to achieve what DJI could offer with a firmware update tomorrow.

I wish I could remember where, but there IS a thread, either here or MavicPilots, where someone did just this. With photos.
2023-3-7
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-7 11:07
I wish I could remember where, but there IS a thread, either here or MavicPilots, where someone did just this. With photos.

With the RC Pro or a different DJI RC? If we could get root then we could install TWRP recovery and choose which version of firmware we wanted every time we turned on the controller. Of course one firmware that works with all would be ideal but this other workaround wouldn't be too bad.
2023-3-8
Use props
djifan99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1611 ft
United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 3-8 06:03
With the RC Pro or a different DJI RC? If we could get root then we could install TWRP recovery and choose which version of firmware we wanted every time we turned on the controller. Of course one firmware that works with all would be ideal but this other workaround wouldn't be too bad.

I have a background in VR/AR, so here's another example of the stupidity: Quest 2 and Quest 2 Enterprise. Exactly the same hardware but Enterprise is significantly more expensive. You can't run consumer apps on Enterprise. Devs have to jump through hoops to publish on a dedicated Enterprise store for those devices LOL.

How I find peace with the situation? Buy Meta stocks LOL.
2023-6-16
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djifan99 Posted at 6-16 11:23
I have a background in VR/AR, so here's another example of the stupidity: Quest 2 and Quest 2 Enterprise. Exactly the same hardware but Enterprise is significantly more expensive. You can't run consumer apps on Enterprise. Devs have to jump through hoops to publish on a dedicated Enterprise store for those devices LOL.

How I find peace with the situation? Buy Meta stocks LOL.

What OS is the quest running? What file type are their apps? Like their APK equivalent? I know nothing about Quest headsets but I'd guess the Enterprise version is more geared towards development and probably has less restrictions and not so much for games and having fun with the family. Sort of how the M3E is the only Mavic with an SDK but is the most locked down, featureless of them all.
Difference is DJI isn't a public company so no stock options outside of a few corporate sponsors. Even if they were it wouldn't be a stock I'd buy. They've been in decline for several years now, gone through a few waves of layoffs and the owner's net worth has been consistently going down for several years. DJI was in their prime 2018/2019 and they'll never reach that level again. Those sponsors who injected 100s of millions of dollars is the only reason they're still around. Those investors want their money back at some point.
2023-6-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules