connector micro SD
689 8 2022-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mariogiovanni
lvl.2
Flight distance : 287497 ft
Italy

Hello, today after removing the micro sd from the Mavic 3 when I slipped it into the slot it no longer holds up and comes out. What I do?

2022-12-17
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

I've had this before, it's a small metal piece that deforms in the card receptacle if you put it askew. Send your drone for repair. If it's under warranty it won't cost you anything.
2022-12-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mariogiovanni. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry to read what happened. As LV_Forestry mentioned, please consider sending the unit in for proper checking. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support. We understand that this is not the answer that you look forward to, but this would be the best thing to do in this situation. In addition, warranty service can be claimed depending on the result of the Damage Assessment. Your kind understanding is appreciated and thank you for your continued support.
2022-12-17
Use props
mariogiovanni
lvl.2
Italy

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-17 09:54
I've had this before, it's a small metal piece that deforms in the card receptacle if you put it askew. Send your drone for repair. If it's under warranty it won't cost you anything.

Thanks LV_Foreste, no it's not like that, I've always been very careful to insert the micro SD in the right direction, I've had the Mavic 3 for a year and I'm very meticulous. However, I have to say this is a big design mistake on DJI's part. Micro SD memory is too delicate and a very important element for a drone. When you need to download a lot of movies you can't turn on the Mavic 3 for a long time, you're forced to extract the micro SD and save the movies with your PC. However, this operation will ruin the micro SD connector for a long time.
2022-12-18
Use props
mariogiovanni
lvl.2
Italy

mariogiovanni Posted at 12-18 03:57
Thanks LV_Foreste, no it's not like that, I've always been very careful to insert the micro SD in the right direction, I've had the Mavic 3 for a year and I'm very meticulous. However, I have to say this is a big design mistake on DJI's part. Micro SD memory is too delicate and a very important element for a drone. When you need to download a lot of movies you can't turn on the Mavic 3 for a long time, you're forced to extract the micro SD and save the movies with your PC. However, this operation will ruin the micro SD connector for a long time.

Thank you DJI Gamora but I have recently applied for category C1 and I am waiting for the stickers to continue the procedure. I'll wait until I finish to get the certificate and then I'll send the Mavic 3 for service. But I repeat this was a big design mistake on DJI's part. You shouldn't have used a micro SD but a normal SD. In all cameras SD is used and never the micro SD (Canon Nikon etc)
2022-12-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

mariogiovanni Posted at 12-18 04:03
Thank you DJI Gamora but I have recently applied for category C1 and I am waiting for the stickers to continue the procedure. I'll wait until I finish to get the certificate and then I'll send the Mavic 3 for service. But I repeat this was a big design mistake on DJI's part. You shouldn't have used a micro SD but a normal SD. In all cameras SD is used and never the micro SD (Canon Nikon etc)

normal sd?  sorry that's not going to happen, my friend.  
2022-12-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mariogiovanni Posted at 12-18 04:03
Thank you DJI Gamora but I have recently applied for category C1 and I am waiting for the stickers to continue the procedure. I'll wait until I finish to get the certificate and then I'll send the Mavic 3 for service. But I repeat this was a big design mistake on DJI's part. You shouldn't have used a micro SD but a normal SD. In all cameras SD is used and never the micro SD (Canon Nikon etc)

Realistically have you seen an SD card in ANY modern drone?
In the sub 250g category I'd bet the card and holder would put a Mavic Mini over weight.
2022-12-18
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Our friend may be a bit old like me, and it's true that it's not always easy to insert this little card. If it is not straight and you press a little too hard, it is guaranteed to break.
Unfortunately / Fortunately it is also true that we are not ready to see the reappearance of SD cards in place of the micro which have become the norm.
2022-12-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LV_Forestry Posted at 12-18 11:11
Our friend may be a bit old like me, and it's true that it's not always easy to insert this little card. If it is not straight and you press a little too hard, it is guaranteed to break.
Unfortunately / Fortunately it is also true that we are not ready to see the reappearance of SD cards in place of the micro which have become the norm.

We are using flying machines, mSD's fly when your nail slips off them and disappear into the ditance .... just like a runaway drone.
SD cards just plummet to the ground.
2022-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules