Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can someone clarify latency and fps on Goggles 2?
4185 7 2022-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SirStabbs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218799 ft
United States

So, i was curious on how the goggles 2 works. How can i tell if i am getting the full 1080p100fps with 30ms latency? (as stated on their product page) or if im getting the 1080p60fps 40ms latency? When connected to the O3 Air Unit, i have the settings on 16:9 4k100fps. On the goggles 2 recording I get 1080p50fps but what latency am i running on? is the goggles only showing 50 fps? or showing 100fps and recording 50fps? how can i tell if im getting 30ms or 40ms on the goggles 2?

On the O3AU recording, i have subtitles enabled. Not sure what DiffTime is but its showing a constant 40ms on 4k100fps with the goggles 2 recording at 1080p50fps. When video setting is changed to 4k/2k 60fps its showing a DiffTime of 30~34ms with the goggles 2 recording at 1080p60.

I know on the Goggles V2 you can enable subtitles and it shows the latency 20~28ms with the O3AU video recording on 4k120fps. Is there any way for the Goggles 2 to get subtitles just like the V2 does? (.srt file) Is there a way to enable "Low Latency" mode on the Goggles 2 just like the V2?

Why is the Goggles 2 only able to do 100fps when connected to the O3AU (or Avata)? unlike the v2 which can now do 4k120fps.

I know using the v2 would be the best option to get a garanteed low latency, but i want to keep my V2 connected to my Caddx Vista and use my Goggles 2 with the O3AU without interchanging the goggles so i dont have to keep binding goggles back and forth.

(the other option would be to update my Caddx Vista so i could use my Goggles 2 on that instead, and use my v2 for my O3AU, but then i would lose my v2 capability with the Caddx Vista which i dont want to happen)

2022-12-17
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

Transmission matches your onboard recording setting, so you need to be recording 100fps in order to get the lowest possible latency.
FPV Goggles V2 can do 120 fps because they have screens able to show 100hz video, Goggles 2 are limited by micro OLEDs' refresh rates.
2022-12-23
Use props
djiuser_Jx7wOyP36wIr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70344 ft
United States

I have the same confusion.  For example with 2.7k@120 recording on the air unit, are the Goggles 2 receiving 100 fps or 60fps since the max refresh rate is 100hz on the oled screens?  Also it’s unclear if the resolution also needs to be 1080p on the air unit for 100fps or if the resolution does not matter.  Would appreciate any help with ways to validate this, I wish the goggles 2 would just show latency on the osd like the v1/v2
2023-1-5
Use props
fanse11688ed
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_Jx7wOyP36wIr Posted at 1-5 20:38
I have the same confusion.  For example with 2.7k@120 recording on the air unit, are the Goggles 2 receiving 100 fps or 60fps since the max refresh rate is 100hz on the oled screens?  Also it’s unclear if the resolution also needs to be 1080p on the air unit for 100fps or if the resolution does not matter.  Would appreciate any help with ways to validate this, I wish the goggles 2 would just show latency on the osd like the v1/v2

if you have to be told what the latency is to notice any difference then i feel for the best experience you probably dont need to know. So many people get hung up on something that if they where not told would not know was there.
2023-1-6
Use props
djiuser_Jx7wOyP36wIr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70344 ft
United States

fanse11688ed Posted at 1-6 03:11
if you have to be told what the latency is to notice any difference then i feel for the best experience you probably dont need to know. So many people get hung up on something that if they where not told would not know was there.

So you don't know the answer either?
2023-1-6
Use props
fanse11688ed
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_Jx7wOyP36wIr Posted at 1-6 11:14
So you don't know the answer either?

I know that coming from V1's i cannot notice any difference in latency. I have not attempted to measure it but tbh i dont really care. My racing ability is average and for Bando it feels extremely connected. I have owned analogue camera's on analogue systems that have worse latency than an entire DJI system. Even then i did not know Analogue cameras had latency and when i found out i changed to a lower latency analogue camera and noticed no difference. I am sure if you are a world class racer and trying to cut off miliseconds of your lap time then it matters.

However there was an update in the last day or two that explains a little about latency so might be worth having a read of the patch notes to see if there is any explinations that might help your original question.
2023-1-7
Use props
socaldjiuser
lvl.1

United States

What is the best resolution and fps to use on the Goggles 2 Integra for the least latency? 2.7K/100 fps?
2023-8-11
Use props
fans80a9082d
New
Flight distance : 24393 ft
New Zealand

Just switched from V1 to integra, my quad has vista (can't say anything about O3 yet), the fps feels much lower than v1, lots of jitter, gives eyestrain Still picture is awesome until you start flying and turning, I see moving objects twice worse than before. Very disappointing
2023-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules