Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Real life video, various lighting, latest firmware (2022/12)
336 14 2022-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

I usually use 4K60 (30 is too slow for action, get too much cinematic blur; so no HDR for me; no Enhanced Image Quality in 4K), but I wanted to try 1080 resolution, hoping it would be easier for the processor to give good footage. Also Enhanced  Image Quality is not avaialble in 4K60, so I wanted to try it with 1080  since it is avaiable at 60fps. Even it was a bright day the sun was low  (winter) so lots of clips with low light under trees or facing the  sun.
Details: 1080 60fps; RS;  Enhanced Image Quality on; EIS priority on; fov might have been in  Narrow at first until ~2:40 (not sure), Dewarp after that.
Pictures and still videos are from another camera.

When light is good and uniform it is good, but in other lighting conditions, was not as enhanced as I thought it would. Enhanced Image Quality does not seem to make significant difference (also in my brief separate tests).

2022-12-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see!
The sped up footage was a bit too jumpy for me, did you add an ND filter?
2022-12-18
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Montfrooij Posted at 12-18 01:30
Nice to see!
The sped up footage was a bit too jumpy for me, did you add an ND filter?

Thanks!
no NDs, no post-processing.
Hyperlapses were acquired with X5. I was jogging during those. I tried X5 this time because I found "Auto" was faster and much more jumpy~
2022-12-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yaman-Python Posted at 12-18 01:45
Thanks!
no NDs, no post-processing.
Hyperlapses were acquired with X5. I was jogging during those. I tried X5 this time because I found "Auto" was faster and much more jumpy~

Adding a heavy ND filter might give better results with some added motion blur.
2022-12-18
Use props
JustName
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Beautiful area to walk, I would like to look at me also times.
About the technical part of the video.  RS and HDR only bring advantages when the light conditions are good enough. Especially with RS you need a lot of light, so that the shot is good. Otherwise, the video is washed out very quickly and there are always coarser disturbances. Overall, I find the quality of RS (and RS+) in the Action 3 almost unusable.
The improved image quality is another similar point. Regardless of the light, you have to look for the improvements with a magnifying glass. Would not surprise me if this menu option in reality has no functionality at all, except to switch the button to ON/OFF :-)

2022-12-18
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

JustName Posted at 12-18 01:51
Beautiful area to walk, I would like to look at me also times.
About the technical part of the video.  RS and HDR only bring advantages when the light conditions are good enough. Especially with RS you need a lot of light, so that the shot is good. Otherwise, the video is washed out very quickly and there are always coarser disturbances. Overall, I find the quality of RS (and RS+) in the Action 3 almost unusable.
The improved image quality is another similar point. Regardless of the light, you have to look for the improvements with a magnifying glass. Would not surprise me if this menu option in reality has no functionality at all, except to switch the button to ON/OFF :-)

Yes, nice small walk not far from city~
2022-12-18
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Montfrooij Posted at 12-18 01:49
Adding a heavy ND filter might give better results with some added motion blur.

I do not want to use filters. No time to play with add-ons while hiking.
Pocket2 would also be better but I do not use it much because turn-on time (until completely ready) is several  seconds and then need to check frame, and in follow mode it has inertia and need to check frame, all that on this tiny display... not a point and shoot camera.
2022-12-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yaman-Python Posted at 12-18 02:54
I do not want to use filters. No time to play with add-ons while hiking.
Pocket2 would also be better but I do not use it much because turn-on time (until completely ready) is several  seconds and then need to check frame, and in follow mode it has inertia and need to check frame, all that on this tiny display... not a point and shoot camera.

Yes, ND filters do slow you down.
And I have to admit I only use them on photo / video walks. Where I don't have anything else to 'do'.
But when speeding up footage, they do help a lot.
If you want 'shorter end result', I would just leave a part out.
That is what I do at least.

I have to say P2 is super fast for me.
Faster than I am with my D750 for filming.
2022-12-18
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Montfrooij Posted at 12-18 03:07
Yes, ND filters do slow you down.
And I have to admit I only use them on photo / video walks. Where I don't have anything else to 'do'.
But when speeding up footage, they do help a lot.

P2 is fast in general. Mine may be tired after I used it as main hike camera for a year. It is random. After quickly switching on the display, sometimes it takes another 1-3 s to do the re-center process. In fact, I had some times when I started recording before the re-center was done. Well, the biggest problem I have with P2 is framing with that tiny display, again while walking or in some action.
Actually OA3 turn-on time is also quite random, 1 to 5 s.
Might have to do with temperature or whatever the cam needs to do to get ready.
2022-12-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yaman-Python Posted at 12-18 03:39
P2 is fast in general. Mine may be tired after I used it as main hike camera for a year. It is random. After quickly switching on the display, sometimes it takes another 1-3 s to do the re-center process. In fact, I had some times when I started recording before the re-center was done. Well, the biggest problem I have with P2 is framing with that tiny display, again while walking or in some action.
Actually OA3 turn-on time is also quite random, 1 to 5 s.
Might have to do with temperature or whatever the cam needs to do to get ready.

I have not noticed any discrepancies in the startup times. So there may be some, but not too noticeable
2022-12-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely done.  
2022-12-18
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

Thank you!
2022-12-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're most welcome.  Keep up the great work.  
2022-12-18
Use props
osmonauta
lvl.4
Hungary

This makes me want to visit Japan just to hike there. Really nice, quiet place. Would be an interesting discovery with my Action 3. Although I would be petrified cuz I would not be able to read any signs. ...wait, I just saw "cafe" and "open" so there is hope :-)

Are there any wildlife one should worry about?

LOL, love the bibs around the statues at 19:30 :-)
I'm glad you didn't put any music under the video. It's much better this way.
2022-12-18
Use props
Yaman-Python
lvl.4
  • >>>
Japan

osmonauta Posted at 12-18 13:59
This makes me want to visit Japan just to hike there. Really nice, quiet place. Would be an interesting discovery with my Action 3. Although I would be petrified cuz I would not be able to read any signs. ...wait, I just saw "cafe" and "open" so there is hope :-)

Are there any wildlife one should worry about?

Japan is ~80% mountains/countryside. You can get into complete wild just ~1h by train from the dense cities. Many great places to visit, from sea level to 3000 m+ (you may see my YT videos).
The more you go away from beaten paths, the less you have English signs... It is part of the fun to find your way~ Nowadays gps/maps have removed some of that "fun".
We have bears. Saw maybe 2 in 20 years of hiking... Depends on the location. I heard North of Japan is highly populated and encounters are more frequent. But they are not considering you as food. Just maybe competitors for food if you go in mountain to collect bamboo roots   Or they may react if surprised. Monkeys can be a problem when they are in tribe. Should avoid looking at them in the eye. Also, they are very territorial and if you invade their territory they will fight you. But again, you would have to go really out of beaten paths. You also have to usual venomous snakes like in Europe (viper). Really exotic snakes are only in the southern islands.
bibs around the statues: Yes, this is a common thing here. Watch for Santa Clauss hats on them soon!
2022-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules